Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2006, 22:27   #1
I am Banned

Wink dont beleive the hype!

...... one example of deceptive hype is on the front page
of the caccy observer ..... im looking at it now and having
good knowledge of the real story i can only laugh at their news which the headliner is a typification
of self glorification of a drama queen tabliod who claim it is all thanks to THEM?
I expect only a fraction of readers to understand fully the absurdity of the witch-hunting
concensus called democracy who unwittingly fall for this crock of **** all the time....
to label karl as a "drug baron" is more than o.t.t. considering he was just an average "dealer" to
which there are a multitude of in every town, hes made out to be a major player but i can
assure you he was just average...(there are dealers in this town as young as 8...will they be
classed by a/ob as primary school drug princes?)... what false security you are lulled into is that by this
over dramatised action you are conned into beleiving it is a cure for the estates problems, and that
a/ob & h.b.c. are your saviours... as for the drug side there are much bigger fish who wont get caught
because of decoys like karl.... the little fish gets it again! plus the punters who bought
from karl will only go elsewhere, it wont SOLVE the drug problems we have, just moves it on
like an unwanted child in care of the social services.
The real problem with drugs in the modern world is that they are illegal. Put simply, the Drug War exists primarily
to support — financially and otherwise — the maintenance of the criminal status of the possession of (certain)
drugs so that those (mostly on the payroll of the U.S. and U.N governments) who profit big — directly or
indirectly — from the supply of prohibited drugs can continue to do so, at the expense of everyone else, and
especially at the expense of the hundreds of thousands of people imprisoned for victimless "crimes". This is a
scandal and a disgrace of the first magnitude. It will become for the United States of America (and britain) a
source of enduring shame and infamy just as the Third Reich became for Germany.
.if there was any wisdom amongst the plethora
of drug taking hypocrites who work for government (and there isnt) then they should be asking
why drug users prefer being intoxicated instead of sobriety, if its cus life SUCKS
then why not take a step back and see it as a whole instead of monkey-mentality-justice...
secondly the estate is not exactly
an example of a caring place to live..... reminds me of other estates..the typical attitude is
to keep one to ones self....thanks to the few tenants who cause this to be...
.im sorry but you cant blame karl
for the behavour of the residents and their undisciplined offspring can you ....im not saying every
resident is bad, but i know of many who dont care about nothing but their own agendas, i know of
folks who have been seriously assaulted for merely passing through norfolk grove at night, and funny
enough nothing ever gets published in the two-faced tabliods about them, you only know half of it.
at least he really cared about his children, unlike most fathers round here who never bother with their
kids and only care for their own feelings, .. even i am seperated but i see my kids every day
and will not abandon them because i feel a sense of RESPONSIBILITY... unlike most.... is it any
wonder schoolgirls are getting pregnant and ruining their lives by thinking lust is a substitute for the lack of a
decent father?
And karl never thought he was "above" the law...(another assumption). he always said if he gets caught then he
would
serve his time for it, but will he serve the same average sentence imposed on every dealer who
DOESNT make front page? he may end up a victim of gross injustice by the system who may
well act ultra-vires due to the over-dramatised situation the press implied.... be honest...dont think
the drugs problem will be solved by the observer or the council, their purpose is to sensationalise
the banal and wallow in fabricated glory, its just MIS-information to divert you from the real problems
facing the entire country, such as bad management of local authority funds, failure of community
spirit due to the "divide and rule" policies of government who constantly lie to you and forge statistics
so you think they are doing a grand job! what they wont tell you is the truth.... its a crying shame
that you trust these people too much and never question their authority of any subject
they think they are adept at... such as H.B.C. who should be questioned as to what qualifies them
to do what they do, such as dig up a graveyard where the margram is just to provide a couple of
parking spaces for the d.i.y. store? (desecrating the dead in the name of capitalism)
why give away the council houses to a private business when they knew
damn well the gov were due to give away 42 billion to improve council housing? the town centre is a sham
and hyndburn works- my ass.... cowboy contractors ... cowboy councillors .... cowboy management ...
the only town in lancs where a "black hole" was discovered and you still dont think these people are as
dodgy as an n.h.s. prescription? Talking about h.b.c. did you see in the paper a couple of weeks ago
the bit about councillor DOBSON giving a certificate to a private slum lord?
the headline was... "letting company does sterling job to boost standards" (page 7) ... what a load of
fabricated rubbish this dobson spews..... i wonder how this councillor vetted this company? how many
properties has he looked at to compare with the general standards of these h.b.c. approved cowboys?
the main feature of privatisation is to minimise expenditure and maximise profits (like the lying hyndburn homes
who proclaim not-for profit yet the rents go up and up..WHY?) the main agenda is to SKIMP on spending money in
order to line the pockets of the few....
this for me is the end of h.b.c. and (un-needed) privatisation to which gives a license to rob the poor.
Dont beleive the h.b.c. hype....... its just a diversion to
blind you from the real problem, which is THE INCOMPETANCE OF HYNDBURN COUNCIL.
the real michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-10-2006, 22:54   #2
Resident Waffler

Re: dont beleive the hype!

There is no such thing as a victmless crime.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 23:53   #3
Give, give, give member

I take it you knew the accused and guilty 'average dealer'?

Surely 'Drugs Baron' is a courtesy title, like allowing a Viscount's child to be called the Honourable so-and-so?

So in this case the Observer's report is accurate.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 23:56   #4
Give, give, give member

If you are such the big, anarchist fighter for social justice go and fight the f*cking system instead of talking about it.

Posting a load of old crap on here for us to read won't bring about the fall of democracy that you so crave.

Best of luck.

Old 04-10-2006, 00:02   #5
Give, give, give member

You've complained before that political bias at the BBC has stopped the promotion of your musical acts.

What have you done about it?

Wrote a few angry messages on a few local forums.

Big deal.

If you truly had the belief in your convictions you would be more pro-active.

Even the old lezzies that stormed the six o'clock news, and chained themselves to Sue Lawley and Nicholas Witchell, make you look very apathetic.

Old 04-10-2006, 00:07   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
If you are such the big, anarchist fighter for social justice go and fight the f*cking system instead of talking about it.

Posting a load of old crap on here for us to read won't bring about the fall of democracy that you so crave.

Best of luck.
He might be a clossit anarchist.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 00:14   #7
Give, give, give member

...or he may just be an appologist for a convicted drug dealer.

Old 04-10-2006, 00:15   #8
God Member

If you are calling the accrington observer why did you buy it then or waste your time looking it up on the net. You cant have gone to the library to read it because the library is shut at 11.27pm. If you want to reply to what they say do reply to the paper you might get an answer from them instead of us who dont work for the paper. I agree with willow - there is no victimless crime and the people who do the crime should be punished as far as the law goes.
shillelagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 08:30   #9
Resident Waffler

Just a little tip.

If you do write to the Observer and they don't reply or print your letter it will probably have more to do with the fact that it's hard to read than that they are censoring you.

Old 04-10-2006, 12:27   #10
Senior Member+

Only read the first few sentences then relised what a plonker he sounded, remember the urban terrorist Wolfy, the whole worlds against us, the goverment lies to us, and lets mention the USA, got nothing to do with Accy but its the great satan,etc, etc. Grow up.

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 12:48   #11
God Member

I suspect that 'The Real Michael' is somewhat under the influence of his friend Karl's illicit substances....
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 12:56   #12
God Member

Interesting, because you seem to have logical points but then agree with drug dealing, which is totally illogical. Drug dealers are scum and aren't even worthy of a prison cell, I'd tie them to a post and starve then to death. bit like my sister and her kids are starving because some piece of scum has gotten her back on heroin.
'Joe I need you, I'm back on heroin,i'm a smackhead, **** got me back on it, he wouldn't leave me alone until I was, I've got no money and i'm going to lose the kids, come up and be with me, I need help to get me off it.'
I was gettin those texts all day yesterday, so I have no sympathy for karl and I think his family have had a lucky escape.

As for the housing, we know there's coruption, NWBC has just been investigated by the police, we recieved letters from our mp saying so.
The refits to decent home standards are a sham, and a cowboy job, I have half a kitchen and dangerous untested electrics, but it's ok, because the council are the ones who bring prosecutions for not complying with part p and they won't prosecute them selves will they.
Makes you wonder how many other councills this coruption is happening in. will we end up with thousands of unsafe homes, will they be condemned due to the government not listening to complaints about local councils.
Come and write every night, chat with a hula melody
Madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 20:42   #13
Passed away 25-11-09

I don't live in Accrington any more so I won't presume to comment on your points referring to corruption. Neither do I know the background of the article on a drug-dealer you refer to but, having read your essay, I presume this person was your friend. A friend who, you say, was a good father. A good father who supplied substances to someone else's children, as long as he was well paid; substances that could ruin someone else's child's health and life and from the profits of which he could carry on being such a good father. Oh what twisted logic. What a perverse morality.

You say you have children and you feel a sense of responsibility. Does your responsibility extend to preventing your children from experimenting with drugs? Do you warn your children to stay away from the Karls of this world? Or do you say it's fine, Karl was my friend, he was just an average dealer, go ahead. You cite schoolgirls getting pregnant through lack of a decent father; a decent father who excuses a drug dealer on the grounds that he was "average". Your schoolgirl was just as likely to have become pregnant while under the influence of the drugs your friend sold to her.

You question why drug users prefer to be "under the influence" and proseletise the answer being that life "sucks". I disagree. They prefer the narcotic state because "average" dealers made a profit by introducing them to an addiction which they cannot break. Life "sucks" for many, many people who just grit their teeth and get on with it; people who have not had the misfortune to be weaned into a drug habit that saps their brains, their energy and their money; people for whom life "sucks" because they have been robbed, or worse, by the addicts who will do anything to finance their next fix from the "average" dealer you defend so heartily.
Old 04-10-2006, 21:03   #14
God Member

I waded through the first post and it is possibly the saddest reflection on life that I've ever read.

The statement that jumped out at me was that "The real problem with drugs in the modern world is that they are illegal." No, that is not the problem - the problem is that they are addictive, destructive and dangerous. And yes, I concede that they probably haven't got the real drug barons off the streets by this one conviction but as far as I can see, every single arrest helps and gets one more nasty, evil drug dealer out of the way.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 21:08   #15
Resident Waffler

Let's hope they can get more dealers off the streets and discourage any potential new dealers by the threat of prison sentences. If it means one less family grieving at the untimely death of a young drug addict who got hooked by a pusher at the school gates then it can't be a bad move.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..