Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-10-2006, 22:27   #16
Give, give, give member

Re: More snouts in the public's trough

Quick Barb, phone the McCarthy hotline, I think you've uncovered another God damn, pinko, communist, under the bed.

Oh, they already know he's the Labour leader of Hyndburn Borough Council?

Well blow me down.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-10-2006, 01:54   #17
God Member

another of my Grandads sayings ......"3 things you will never see, a dead donkey, a poor farmer and a bl**dy honest politician " no one has prooved him wrong to me yet.
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2006, 10:31   #18
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack
another of my Grandads sayings ......"3 things you will never see, a dead donkey, a poor farmer and a bl**dy honest politician " no one has prooved him wrong to me yet.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2006, 11:12   #19
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Good one Rindy Roo
Old 23-10-2006, 11:18   #20
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda

That donkey ain't dead! just skiving on the job.. it just needs a dam good whippin !
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2006, 12:13   #21
I am Banned

Least under the last conservative gov'n't i had an nhs dentist & could get a doctors appointment reasonably quickly nowadays you need to be psychic to be ill & get to see your gp thats what the state of affairs from mr blair we have ****** all

& i never thought i'd say that

Personally in all honesty theres corruption in all potential gov's because the british people are all too trusting & beleive what they say & who monitors the government???? We could do with an Offgov [like offcom but for gov's lol]
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2006, 12:31   #22
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel
Least under the last conservative gov'n't i had an nhs dentist & could get a doctors appointment reasonably quickly nowadays you need to be psychic to be ill & get to see your gp thats what the state of affairs from mr blair we have ****** all

& i never thought i'd say that
yeah it was fantastic Mel... lying on a wheelie bed half dead in hospital corridors for 12 hours... waiting 2 years to see a consultant.. ah the good old days!
Old 23-10-2006, 12:41   #23
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie
yeah it was fantastic Mel... lying on a wheelie bed half dead in hospital corridors for 12 hours... waiting 2 years to see a consultant.. ah the good old days!
nowadays whilst lying on a wheelie bin in a corridor for eternity - which bloody hospital are we in springs to mind
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2006, 13:24   #24
Senior Member+

Quote:
At least the hospitals used to be clean.

The views expressed here are my own & are not necessarily those of the site.
AccyJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2006, 16:51   #25
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyJay
At least the hospitals used to be clean.
Are you seriously saying the NHS was better under the tories?? I doubt if you could dig up even the most fanatical tory to make that assertion including MP's!
Old 23-10-2006, 18:42   #26
God Member

Do we have a health service nowadays that compares to the original concept??? There never seems to be enough money availabe for the NHS yet there is plenty of money avaiable for ministerial jaunts deadend projects and ministerial pet projects.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2006, 20:03   #27

Quote:
Are you seriously saying the NHS was better under the tories?? I doubt if you could dig up even the most fanatical tory to make that assertion including MP's!
It was cleaner and better until they privatised gret big chunks of it and began the dismantling of decades of excellent service.
Stanaccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2006, 00:23   #28
Resident Waffler

My Dad used to say that thing about poor farmers but that was in the days befor BSE and foot and mouth and milk quotas and people losing their homes and their land because they couldn't keep up the repayments on the remortgages they'd taken out to cover expenses incurred in trying to maintain the property etc. These days you'd have a harder job finding a rich farmer round here than a poor one!

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2006, 10:07   #29
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp
My Dad used to say that thing about poor farmers but that was in the days befor BSE and foot and mouth and milk quotas and people losing their homes and their land because they couldn't keep up the repayments on the remortgages they'd taken out to cover expenses incurred in trying to maintain the property etc. These days you'd have a harder job finding a rich farmer round here than a poor one!
get the violins out! .. farmers were compensated 110% for the foot and mouth and BSE outbreaks. also take a look at this Guardian Unlimited | Special reports | Royal farms get £1m from taxpayers
there is also a pdf file on this page that shows the millions in subsides paid to UK farmers, along with tax credits and relief ,farmers reiceve more in benifits than any workers. quite apt for the title thread... "more snouts in the public trough"

Last edited by Mancie; 24-10-2006 at 10:12.
Old 24-10-2006, 21:28   #30
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack
Well SteelJack I hope I am an exception.
g jones is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..