Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-01-2007, 12:18   #31
I am Banned

Re: Political Claptrap

accymel i did say plenty of people had valid reasons , i know a little of your situation from previous discusions but its not for me to bring them up especialy on a public forum , people die leaving one parent behind and some mothers have to leave abusive relationships like one of my ex's had to and probbaly more valid reasons but like i said there are peopel out there milking teh system and its not a small number especialy when you see some people having a child every 5 years or less just to avoid been made to get a job

i am mainly refering to the type who leave school , get pregnant by anyone then spend teh rest of tehir lives chuning out babys and die without ever doing a days work

as for you dave

you may find it hard coping but believe me i would kill to be in the position you are in right now as i would wnat nothing more than have to wory about where i was going to send my son after school instead of only seeing him a few hours each week

swings and roundabouts mate
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 31-01-2007, 12:18   #32
I am Banned

On one of my units Aced

*making your community aware of lone parent family issues*

I do all the time where needed ie this thread i cant help myself hehehehe
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2007, 12:23   #33
Resident Waffler

Well I was a single parent for a while and I certainly didn't choose for my late husband to die in hospital.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2007, 12:25   #34
I am Banned

people seem to be skipping this part of my post so i will highlight it a bit -

here goes folks

here it comes

get your reading glasses if you need them

i did say plenty of people had valid reasons
Old 31-01-2007, 12:26   #35
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chav1 View Post
accymel i did say plenty of people had valid reasons , i know a little of your situation from previous discusions but its not for me to bring them up especialy on a public forum , people die leaving one parent behind and some mothers have to leave abusive relationships like one of my ex's had to and probbaly more valid reasons but like i said there are peopel out there milking teh system and its not a small number especialy when you see some people having a child every 5 years or less just to avoid been made to get a job

i am mainly refering to the type who leave school , get pregnant by anyone then spend teh rest of tehir lives chuning out babys and die without ever doing a days work

as for you dave

you may find it hard coping but believe me i would kill to be in the position you are in right now as i would wnat nothing more than have to wory about where i was going to send my son after school instead of only seeing him a few hours each week

swings and roundabouts mate

Of course it's swings and roundabouts but although I don't have any facts and figures to prove it I think you will find the steroetyping you do of single parents ( ie teenage mothers) represents a very tiny minority. You never ever see a teenage fatherless male scrounging off the state do you
Old 31-01-2007, 12:27   #36
Resident Waffler

Quote:
people seem to be skipping this part of my post so i will highlight it a bit -

here goes folks

here it comes

get your reading glasses if you need them

i did say plenty of people had valid reasons

Ah yes Chav - you said that but the point is how does the government view it?

Old 31-01-2007, 12:30   #37
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
You never ever see a teenage fatherless male scrounging off the state do you
eh ??

i was a teenage fatherless male and had a job , do i fit that criteia ?

bit hard to understand what you mean here !
Old 31-01-2007, 12:30   #38
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Of course it's swings and roundabouts but although I don't have any facts and figures to prove it I think you will find the steroetyping you do of single parents ( ie teenage mothers) represents a very tiny minority. You never ever see a teenage fatherless male scrounging off the state do you

dave could we have that last bit in english please
Old 31-01-2007, 12:32   #39
God Member

i was a teenage motherless female and i had a job
Old 31-01-2007, 12:33   #40
I am Banned

U need to go round to rindy's to watch Jezza mate, his main bugbear is the fact that many young adults - quite capable to work but would rather excuse themselves on drinking, drugs, gambling, playing ps games all day long & have sex without a condom with little disregard for the consequences - but thats a different thread Chav!!

If anyone really wants to make a career choice of being a lone parent its not as easy as it looks!!
Old 31-01-2007, 12:35   #41
I am Banned

Quote:
eh ??

Read my post above it explains what he was getting at i think well as i interpretted it so expanded
Old 31-01-2007, 12:35   #42
Resident Waffler

I think he meant teenage lone parent fathers.

Old 31-01-2007, 12:37   #43
God Member

Quote:
eh ??

I was being sarcastic and referring to the fact there are probably more teenage fatherless males out there who can't be arsed working and live off benefits than there are teenage girls who delibarately get themselves pregnant to avoid work and live off the state.
Old 31-01-2007, 12:37   #44
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel View Post
Read my post above it explains what he was getting at i think well as i interpretted it so expanded

Well spotted
Old 31-01-2007, 12:38   #45
God Member

eh??????????? dave are you tired today?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..