Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-12-2007, 10:18   #166
Resting in Peace

Re: gypsy's....again

they should be booted off, already over twenty bags of rubbish there near their van: If they can't get on the gypsy site: then there are loads of caravan parks open through out winter.... just been to one myself ten quid a night: or maybe I should have stuck my one in a lay by:

anyone coming in Accrington via Blackburn Road will wonder what the hells gone wrong on there..... it looks like a flippin slum:
magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-12-2007, 11:20   #167
Resident Waffler

Last year we stayed on a caravan site. A 'gypsy' family came to the site. I use the term loosely because these so-called gypsies are not Romany. They are travellers who prefer to live like pigs rather than like human beings. The site owner showed tolerance saying their money is the same colour as anyone else's - but lived to regret it. The rest of us put our rubbish in the bins, used the toilet block and didn't abuse anything on the site. The travellers just dumped their rubbish outside their caravan and left it there when they drove off. They used the area around their van as a toilet. They helped themselves to someone else's windbreak and our step and took some of the farmer's chicken wire to create a barbeque.

Is it any wonder the rest of the site felt less than friendly towards them?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2007, 11:29   #168
Resting in Peace

we pay out rates the police should move them on... I even got asked to move my van off my own drive and it was only there a few days:
( judging by all the rubbish they have left on Blackburn Road) it will be rats that we will see next:
Old 18-12-2007, 12:33   #169

the police and councill paid them on bburn road a visit today
lisa1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2007, 13:54   #170
Resting in Peace

good good I see one van's already gone:
Old 18-12-2007, 13:59   #171
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by magpie View Post
we pay out rates the police should move them on... I even got asked to move my van off my own drive and it was only there a few days:
( judging by all the rubbish they have left on Blackburn Road) it will be rats that we will see next:
why couldnt you park your van on your drive?

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2007, 14:02   #172
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum23 View Post
why couldnt you park your van on your drive?
probably cos magpies NOT a gypsy.
Old 18-12-2007, 14:03   #173
Senior Member+

aaaah, were they making space for the gypsies to park?

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2007, 14:05   #174
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

now ya got the picture.
Old 18-12-2007, 15:09   #175
Resident Waffler

A friend of ours was told to move her own caravan from her own garden as the neighbours had objected - it apparently lowered the tone of the area!

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2007, 19:57   #176
Resting in Peace

my house is rented and you can only have one car on the drive and its got to be taxed and so on... ( which my one is ) but I wanted to get the van ready for a trip and was told I had to move it and not put it on there again...

thinking of becoming a traveller... no rent no bills do what you like.... me thinks I am doing something wrong here....
Old 27-05-2008, 17:20   #177
God Member

Well after quite a while they have moved off Eagle Street again, anybody know where they are now? On the plus side there are two big lumps of concrete blocking the entrance so maybe they will stay away this time
Old 27-05-2008, 17:23   #178
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
Well after quite a while they have moved off Eagle Street again, anybody know where they are now? On the plus side there are two big lumps of concrete blocking the entrance so maybe they will stay away this time

Or just get the gals to move em
Old 27-05-2008, 17:25   #179

There was one (a caravan) on the small car park at the junction of Carter Street and Victoria Street, Accrington today - complete with puppy in a wire cage outside the door!!

churchman phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2008, 17:31   #180
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyLass27 View Post
Or just get the gals to move em
Think they would struggle to move these but never say never with that lot

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..