Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-06-2008, 21:47   #31
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Council Overspend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Yes I was at the bottom of the food chain but no one in the company had a rise.
if that was the case, the firm would probably have gone tits up, if ya didn't. which is not really relavent with coco n his clowns.
Old 18-06-2008, 21:49   #32
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
Well they were classed as an 'excellent' council last year
I thought that was this year.

It says 12th Feb 08 on here.

http://www.audit-commission.gov.uk/P...Feb2008REP.pdf
Old 18-06-2008, 21:53   #33
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
well as both are rovers fans, (to best of my knowledge) ya would be wrong lilly.
You know what I meant.

It was just a turn of phrase.

I just meant one says something and the other contradicts it every time.

No wonder you get people saying they're all as bad as each other at election time.
Old 18-06-2008, 22:44   #34
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
You know what I meant.

It was just a turn of phrase.

I just meant one says something and the other contradicts it every time.

No wonder you get people saying they're all as bad as each other at election time.
of coarse i knew, but it is my vocation in life to aggravate as many as is humanly possible.
Old 18-06-2008, 22:50   #35
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
of coarse i knew, but it is my vocation in life to aggravate as many as is humanly possible.
And you do a fine job good sir.
Old 18-06-2008, 23:02   #36
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
And you do a fine job good sir.
why thank you neil, its very heartwarming to know my efforts are not all in vain, i shall rest easy tonight.
Old 19-06-2008, 00:28   #37
Give, give, give member

I don't really take notice of who said what.

I just read the facts as reported in the Telegraph, and those facts are shocking.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2008, 09:00   #38
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
I thought that was this year.

It says 12th Feb 08 on here.

http://www.audit-commission.gov.uk/P...Feb2008REP.pdf

Financial year.
The 'excellent' was for the last financial year - May 07 - May 08
Any issues with budget at the moment are related to this financial year - May 08 - May 09 - which we're only two months in to.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2008, 09:12   #39
God Member

By the way - does anyone know where Pendle St is and why it's had so much work done on it?

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2008, 09:12   #40
Resting in Peace

This seems rather strang to me, prior to the budget meeting in Feb Cllr Jones said on here and in the media that he had a 40 point plan for Hyndburn, I think Neil even asked him if we could have a sneak preview on Accy Web, we didn't get one. A the budget meeting in Feb the Tories put their budget forward as did the independent councillors, but cllr Jones sat on his hands, seems his 40 point plan could not be costed. He did say that he would have used balances to keep the council tax low, balances which didn't exist under the last Labour Admin. Its interesting to here that the Labour Party are saying that the Tories knew full well that he Government money wouldn't be forth coming this year, if that is the case, then Labour must have known too. With this in mind why as it taken until mid June before the news came out. Knowing cllr Joneses track record if he or Mr Pope had know this why did they not scream it from the roof tops in the run up to the May elections, after alls said and done Labour didn't have much going far it at the last elections, and they would have milked this big time, the problem is Labour is a busted flush and are now clutching at straws.
Old 19-06-2008, 09:16   #41
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

whatever labours problems or not jaysay, the fact remains that the finances seem to be in a mess n labour do not hold the purse strings.
Old 19-06-2008, 09:26   #42
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
By the way - does anyone know where Pendle St is and why it's had so much work done on it?

this might help explain it Gayle

http://www.hyndburnbc.gov.uk/downloa...cab_report.pdf
flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2008, 09:33   #43
God Member

I am not seeking to defend what has happened. I am however raising an important point.

We are told Britcliffe knew about the grant cuts, and yet Labour never bothered to inform us, them, and failed to set out another budget with the correct amendments.

Two wrongs don't make a right, and the electorate have the legitimate right to condem this. The Labour party have no right to condem this, we would be in the exact same, if not worse, situation, if they have been the elected the majority in May.
Old 19-06-2008, 09:56   #44
Resting in Peace

Quote:
whatever labours problems or not jaysay, the fact remains that the finances seem to be in a mess n labour do not hold the purse strings.
Ya cashy but it doesn't help when the govrnment pull the rug out does it
Old 19-06-2008, 09:57   #45
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
I am not seeking to defend what has happened. I am however raising an important point.

We are told Britcliffe knew about the grant cuts, and yet Labour never bothered to inform us, them, and failed to set out another budget with the correct amendments.

Two wrongs don't make a right, and the electorate have the legitimate right to condem this. The Labour party have no right to condem this, we would be in the exact same, if not worse, situation, if they have been the elected the majority in May.
that tunnel visioned view does you no credit at all, in fact it shows you to be a very weak person,IMHO, who knew what is NOT n important point, its the elected body that should inform people, not the MP. all you are trying to do is deflect the spotlight n i'm willing to bet people see right through you.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..