Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-12-2008, 11:08   #31
God Member

Re: MY 'mad friday'

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
I would love to see their faces when they woke up next to each other though.
Me and a good few of the members to.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-12-2008, 12:09   #32
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caz View Post
Care to explain for all us lot who missed out?
Very briefly - there was a discussion going on between 5 or 6 of us. blazey mentioned some personal information about her and her family relative to the debate. It upset her when other people did not agree with her point of view. That's it really, nothing exciting like you might have been expecting.
Old 20-12-2008, 14:04   #33
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Very briefly - there was a discussion going on between 5 or 6 of us. blazey mentioned some personal information about her and her family relative to the debate. It upset her when other people did not agree with her point of view. That's it really, nothing exciting like you might have been expecting.
So it was just blazey playing the drama queen was it
Old 20-12-2008, 15:59   #34
God Member

It wasn't a case of disagreeing, it was pretty much a case that there is no realistic answer to the problem and I was being personally attacked for something I can't provide a solution to and the most I can possibly do is work hard and ensure the problem doesn't persist. If you think personally blaming someone for the country's economic downfalls is the andrew to your problem then fair play to you, but I would like to think the educated population of the country has much more to say than that.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2008, 16:14   #35
God Member

Posted via Mobile Deviceyou were not 'personally attacked'. You quite simply did not want to hear what was being said because it placed blame in different place than you wanted . I was gobsmacked when you ran outside, if you react like that in a simple debate then i don't fancy your chances in a court of law.
entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2008, 17:17   #36
Senior Member+

have i missed something in the first post? I thought Blazey was being nice??

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2008, 21:01   #37
God Member

You say it like I was wrong, but to be wrong I would have to be the one personally liable to solve the problem. I'm not a politician and I certainly wont be put in a situation in a court where I am held to be the one responsible for solving poverty in Britain.

And if I ever was, I doubt anyone is going to suggest I march individuals to the estate agents or the job centre. It is very naive to think it is as simple as that anyway, I just find it frustrating when not only am I arguing with irrational people but I'm having to defend something I can only do so much to change.

Anyway, like I said, I enjoyed the evening and I know that the people I met appreciated my company and it was very nice to meet some more accywebbers today and I don't think ANYBODY who has met me these past two days will say I'm a horrible person or that I deserved having to defend myself to three grown adults who should be bigger than playground bullies whilst having a camera in my face.

If I'm seen to be in the wrong by all the people witnessing the conversation then fine, but I don't believe that to be the case. I'm up to my eyes with uni work at the moment and I made time to come and finally meet people in person and I'm glad I did. I suppose it is easier to blame the 19yr old for all the problems in the world but at least I'm aiming towards a career and doing something with my life, what more do you want me to do!?
Old 20-12-2008, 23:43   #38
Accy Goddess

Thank you for being such a pleasure and thank you to anne and mick for my first and only xmas card this year, god bless you both.

Awww your ever sooo welcome Hun. It was lovely to meet you at last. glad you enjoyed your-self.

Last edited by ANNE; 20-12-2008 at 23:47.
ANNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2008, 23:59   #39
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANNE View Post
Thank you for being such a pleasure and thank you to
anne
and mick for my first and only
xmas
card this year, god bless you both.

Merry
Xmas
everyone!
Awww
your ever sooo welcome
Hun
. It was lovely to meet you at last. glad you enjoyed your-self.[/quote]

It was well worth meeting the people who I knew would be nice and worth speaking to. It actually made me proud on some levels to be from accrington.

Sadly I think there is always something that overshadows accrington and I sense it more and more each time I come home. Businesses aren't bothering to invest in the town, more buildings are becoming derilict and we seem to be letting the council throw money at stupid things like an 'eco station'. Why would anyone even want to come to accrington any more? There is nothing here.

I'm just glad I live in Oswaldtwistle but it seems to be going in the same direction recently. I dread the next holidays because I've no idea what will be gone next. Except from Woolworths...
Old 21-12-2008, 00:02   #40
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

sorry i missed meeting ya blaze, as fer accy the people make up fer what its lost.
Old 21-12-2008, 00:04   #41
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
sorry i missed meeting ya blaze, as fer accy the people make up fer what its lost.
Some do, but when they all reach their expiry date, who do you think they're going to be replaced with? Because the smart people certainly wont stick around.
Old 21-12-2008, 00:10   #42
Give, give, give member

Quote:
If you think personally blaming someone for the country's economic downfalls is the andrew to your problem then fair play to you
Is 'andrew' your downfall?

Blimey, heated debates, storming out?

At every meet I've been to the most burning issue was whose round it was next.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2008, 00:11   #43
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Some do, but when they all reach their expiry date, who do you think they're going to be replaced with? Because the smart people certainly wont stick around.
Another sweeping, and wrong, generalisation.

Perhaps you just don't know the right people in this area.

Old 21-12-2008, 00:13   #44
God Member

"mad friday" has now turned into sad sunday.. is this you blog Blazey?...and I do find your sig offensive!!
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2008, 00:24   #45
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
I do find your sig offensive!!
She's done Hitler, the Conservatives, Graham Jones, as well as Labour.

She'll probably be supporting My Little Pony or Chairman Mao next week.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..