Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2009, 05:10   #1

Cardboard boxes/ shoe boxes needed

Hi Everyone

Just wandering if anyone had any shoe boxes or that sort of size cardboard boxes I could have for Sending stuff over the our troops for Support our Soldiers?

I'm desperately in need of some, well always will be I guess, cant really ask the guys to send the boxes back, so if anyone can help, that would be fab.

And as ever, if anyone would like to sponsor a box, or donate, please give me a shout. The boxes are going to a couple of PB's (Patrol Bases), they have very few facilities (no running water, ration packs etc), so really are going to those that could do with them.

Thank you once again!!

Oh and there are still a few tickets available for the dinner dance on 19th at Blackpool if anyone fancies? xx
onlyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-06-2009, 05:28   #2

Re: Cardboard boxes/ shoe boxes needed

Have you not asked any of the shoe shops if they would donate ? Do they recycle or throw away. I am sure if they know what you wanted them for some would help . Please would you let me know more about your organisation as I would like to help. Thank you
The Blue Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 18:51   #3

Hiya

The places i have asked get paid themselves for selling the cardboard so cant help.

For more info on the charity , please have a look at SOS - Support Our Soldiers. We are a non political charity that supports the troops, mainly whilst in operations abroad but do work here as well, especially with BLESMA (British Limbless Ex Servicemens Association).

Please feel free to pm me if you want to know more

Thanks xx
Old 12-06-2009, 19:04   #4
God Member

We've just bought some new shoes today so have three boxes - where can I drop them off?

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 19:07   #5
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
We've just bought some new shoes today so have three boxes - where can I drop them off?
i think we should all follow Gayles example..... purely for charity obviously

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 19:12   #6
God Member

Of course I'm being very noble, all in the cause of charity. They weren't all for me I should add!!!!

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2009, 02:06   #8

now theres another source , office suppliers !! maybe staples or some one like that would help. the amount of money any one would get for cardboard would be a pittance and to supply a charity would surely count as a tax benefit to them ??? no idea but seems possible.any business that buys in bulk, stationery like envelopes possibly would have boxes around the right size
i be in touch.
The Blue Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2009, 15:03   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyme View Post
Hi Everyone

Just wandering if anyone had any shoe boxes or that sort of size cardboard boxes I could have for Sending stuff over the our troops for Support our Soldiers?

I'm desperately in need of some, well always will be I guess, cant really ask the guys to send the boxes back, so if anyone can help, that would be fab.

And as ever, if anyone would like to sponsor a box, or donate, please give me a shout. The boxes are going to a couple of PB's (Patrol Bases), they have very few facilities (no running water, ration packs etc), so really are going to those that could do with them.

Thank you once again!!

Oh and there are still a few tickets available for the dinner dance on 19th at Blackpool if anyone fancies? xx

What max/min size and how many u looking for - I run a small greeting card manufacturer in Darwen and get envelopes supplied in boxes etc etc

Coming from a family that had grand-father, father and brothers serving in the Army, going back to WW1, WW2 and in the 70's 80's and 90's - I'd love to help

Let me know what you want, when and where to drop em off
Old 14-06-2009, 06:38   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
Hiya Gayle

Thats great thanks, i'll pm you an address, when is easier for you to drop off, as I am out of the house quite a bit during the week, but may be able to give you alternative address?

Thanks again xx
Old 14-06-2009, 06:47   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickmc View Post
What max/min size and how many u looking for - I run a small greeting card manufacturer in Darwen and get envelopes supplied in boxes etc etc

Coming from a family that had grand-father, father and brothers serving in the Army, going back to WW1, WW2 and in the 70's 80's and 90's - I'd love to help

Let me know what you want, when and where to drop em off

Hi Mick

Thats absolutely superb, thanks. The size needs to be about shoebox size, i know thats not overly helpful, havent got any shoe boxes here to measure!! And to be honest, as many as possible, tend to send batches of 20 at a time. If I have stuff here to send them, they get sent!

On that point as well, if it helps, I can get the donation put on our website (www.supportoursoldiers.co.uk) as a thank you.

Thanks again for your help!
xx
Old 14-06-2009, 07:10   #12
God Member

sorry but why can't you sick the stuff into large size freezer bags and stick an address lable on the outside of what's inside the bag
check the link , its what American Moms in my local area have set up to send care packages to local kids in the combat zones Blue Star Moms
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2009, 11:03   #13
TJH

Just go down to ScrewFix which is located just off Water Street behind Asda. They have lots of boxes and all are in perfect condition and they want to get rid of them. I moved house and all my boxes came from there.

Just speak to the manager.
TJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2009, 13:03   #14
God Member

Isnt screwfix on electricity street? We have some boxes, but are varying in size, most are at least a bit bigger than shoebox size, but you are welcome to them.
Old 17-06-2009, 05:39   #15

Hi All

Sorry for delay in replying!

Steel Jack, MOD have advised the box route, so dont want to deviate at all. Just probs makes things a lot safer and robust as well...

TJH, thanks I'll try them, are they the right size tho?

And derek, thats fab, cheers. Again, need to ensure as close to shoe box size for regulations, believe you are coming on Friday to the do, so will no doubt speak to you then

Thanks again everyone xx

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..