Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2009, 12:04   #31
God Member

Re: Things the Tories have not done for us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
Yeah..so are you in favour of cuts or not?

If it gets rid of the drain on resources of middle management then I'm all for some cuts.

If Labour get in again they'll be forced to make the same cuts. The only thing is that they won't get in anyway so they'll say that they wouldn't make any cuts at all and some people will believe them. Huge services like the NHS and Police need to be trimmed, they're getting too unwieldy and there is more time spent on paperwork than dealing with the public.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-08-2009, 12:25   #32
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
If it gets rid of the drain on resources of middle management then I'm all for some cuts.

If Labour get in again they'll be forced to make the same cuts. The only thing is that they won't get in anyway so they'll say that they wouldn't make any cuts at all and some people will believe them. Huge services like the NHS and Police need to be trimmed, they're getting too unwieldy and there is more time spent on paperwork than dealing with the public.
Sound common sense, but sadly, Mancie's far more concerned with storming the barricades!
Old 04-08-2009, 12:29   #33
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post

Trimmed? so you are in favour of cuts..say no more.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 12:34   #34
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Sound common sense, but sadly, Mancie's far more concerned with storming the barricades!
He would make a hell of a spin doctor, but hang on, people dont believe single party bullshine........do they?

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 12:39   #35
Super Moderator

Quote:
Trimmed? so you are in favour of cuts..say no more.
So you're in favour of our taxes being squandered on layers of useless middle management, red tape and bureaucracy?...say no more.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:52   #36
God Member

Quote:
So you're in favour of our taxes being squandered on layers of useless middle management, red tape and bureaucracy?...say no more.
yes I am..if it means upholding a good NHS.. that is my be all and end all.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:58   #37
Super Moderator

Quote:
yes I am..if it means upholding a good NHS.. that is my be all and end all.
So you think that the only way to maintain a "good NHS" is to have pointless, excessive bureaucracy? I always thought that a "good NHS" relied on the "coalface workers", the nurses, the doctors, the technicians, the porters...but each to his own.
Old 04-08-2009, 13:04   #38
God Member

Quote:
So you think that the only way to maintain a "good NHS" is to have pointless, excessive bureaucracy? I always thought that a "good NHS" relied on the "coalface workers", the nurses, the doctors, the technicians, the porters...but each to his own.
Yes and those people cost money..make cuts pay peanuts get monkey..simple
Old 04-08-2009, 13:09   #39
Super Moderator

Quote:
Still not grasping it, are you? You don't cut the real workers in the NHS - you cut the pen pushers, the working parties, the committees, the quangos, the overpaid, self-serving bureaucrats who have multiplied in recent years...simple.
Old 04-08-2009, 13:11   #40
God Member

Quote:
The simple fact is that money is being wasted in the NHS paying people to walk round with clip boards trying to dictate how things should be done. Back to basics is what is needed and I'm sure nobody would complain if the money was being spent where it is needed. It isn't and that is why people are objecting.
Old 04-08-2009, 13:17   #41
God Member

Quote:
Still not grasping it, are you? You don't cut the real workers in the NHS - you cut the pen pushers, the working parties, the committees, the quangos, the overpaid, self-serving bureaucrats who have multiplied in recent years...simple.
oh such heart felt wisdom.. and you really think that would happen..the first bods to get a grip on will be the cleaners.. then the Porters.. then the catering..then it will be to late to take on the masses of managers the Tories installed in 1988....that was the start of any miss-manage of the NHS.
Old 04-08-2009, 13:20   #42
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
The simple fact is that money is being wasted in the NHS paying people to walk round with clip boards trying to dictate how things should be done. Back to basics is what is needed and I'm sure nobody would complain if the money was being spent where it is needed. It isn't and that is why people are objecting.
and how much do you invest in the NHS?...people in need cost money.. you take it or leave it.
Old 04-08-2009, 13:24   #43
God Member

Quote:
and how much do you invest in the NHS?...people in need cost money.. you take it or leave it.
So you think it is ok to waste money on pointless managers? Our NHS could be run much more efficently without them but you don't seem to think it matters that the publics money is being wasted
Old 04-08-2009, 13:29   #44
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
So you think it is ok to waste money on pointless managers? Our NHS could be run much more efficently without them but you don't seem to think it matters that the publics money is being wasted
Yes I do..but when you come up with an alternative please let me know.
Old 04-08-2009, 13:31   #45
Super Moderator

Quote:
oh such heart felt wisdom.. and you really think that would happen..the first bods to get a grip on will be the cleaners.. then the Porters.. then the catering..then it will be to late to take on the masses of managers the Tories installed in 1988....that was the start of any miss-manage of the NHS.
If you want to talk about what happened 20 years ago, carry on. I'm talking about what SHOULD happen in the here and now. Cuts will be coming whoever wins the next election...it's inevitable. The NHS is overburdened with bureaucratic waste which cut be trimmed without affecting patient care...if you don't believe me, just ask anyone who does a REAL job there. But never mind, Mancie, you just carry on dreaming of storming the barricades with the glorious proleteriat. The likes of Mandelson and Harman must be laughing their socks off at the likes of you.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..