Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2009, 12:41   #16
God Member

Re: 20mph speed limits

jesus christ i can understand 20mph on side streets but for gods sake will these idiots not be happy until we are pushing our cars along the road

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-09-2009, 12:43   #17
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

We will need someone walking in front with a red flag like when jaysay was a lad
Old 05-09-2009, 13:03   #18

Its actually damn hard to drive some cars as slow as 20mph.
mattylad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 13:44   #19
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernard Dawson View Post
As far as know there enforceable. But you're relying mainly on People's common sense to observe the speed limit.
That's the only problem for some people Bernard, when they get behind the wheel of a car Common Sense goes out the window
Old 05-09-2009, 13:45   #20
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
We will need someone walking in front with a red flag like when jaysay was a lad
Ya cheeky whipper snapper
Old 05-09-2009, 14:46   #21
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattylad View Post
Its actually damn hard to drive some cars as slow as 20mph.
Most cars have 1st and 2nd gears
Old 05-09-2009, 14:55   #22
God Member

instead of constantly forking money out for signs that get ignored why not spend a lot less re-introducing teh tufty club or green cross code

also changing the law to make adults more resopsible for their actions when crossing a road and let the blame lay with the brain dead moron that walks out infront of cars

im all for teh driver having to be aware of whats happening around them but there are a lot of cases where people deserve to be run over especially those who think it fun to jump out infront of cars trying to make them swerve , it woudl be a lot better all round if in cases where people thought it funny to jump out infront of cars if teh driver could simply run over them without fear of prosecution and also be able to claim damages shoudl teh moron survive

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 05-09-2009, 14:57   #23
God Member

Quote:
Most cars have 1st and 2nd gears
dunno about yurs but fuel economey is crap on mine in 1st and second gears, bring fuel costs down and i will consider using them more often

not all of us want to drive for miss daisy and most of us want to get where were going quickly , thats why we bought cars and not pushbikes lol

Old 05-09-2009, 16:15   #24
God Member

Quote:
I was aware of it. But I was at the meeting the other night that Gayle referred to, and the problems on Blackburn Rd were also mentioned as well the speed limits.
I didn't refer to any meeting - I saw it in the paper this morning.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 19:10   #25
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
I didn't refer to any meeting - I saw it in the paper this morning.
Apologies Gayle, Peter brought up the item on the 20mph speed limit at a meeting held last week of Lancashire Local. I assumed that's where the Telegraph got the story from.
Bernard Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 19:17   #26
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Apologies Gayle, Peter brought up the item on the 20mph speed limit at a meeting held last week of Lancashire Local. I assumed that's where the Telegraph got the story from.
There is something about that quote that I find very funny indeed
Old 05-09-2009, 19:38   #27
Senior Member+

Quote:
There is something about that quote that I find very funny indeed
I'm afraid you've lost me Neil.
Bernard Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..