Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2010, 16:06   #31
Senior Member+

Re: Question for Graham Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I am sure it been done before.

What if Labour win at the locals and you win your seat in the Commons?

You would not be able to be Leader of HBC and MP at the same time. You could not give both those jobs enough time
No!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
A constituency MP is a full time job cashy, and why should it be a case of delegation, unless the other Labour councillors are a load of numpties and can't find a leader within their ranks

Many thanks for your answer Graham only a yes or no would have been sufficient

Tealeaf, I wouldn't expect Graham to resign anything before the election, that would signal his total arrogance in respect of the Hyndburn Electorate
Agreed. A full time job. Peel Ward is secondary. Two issues. Out of touch MP's in London? Would Peel Ward want a totally backbench Councillor albeit with clout?

I would want to keep my feet totally on the ground, Peel Ward (both Hodder St and Councillor aspect) may be helpful for that.
g jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-03-2010, 07:20   #32
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by g jones View Post
As you know temporarily I live opposite you. I have had to remortage Hodder St and we have had to move out due to the scale of renovation required. The house is full of dry rot so work has been delayed with that and the weather. We need an extra bedroom for our new baby daughter. This will be our permanent home.
Mmm, my recollection of the conversation when I asked if you would be living mainly in London or in Accy included you saying that Hodder street was "too accessible for the weirdos and freaks that plague Greg at the moment......"

Now I will say the following to be both honest and balanced. Whilst I do not at this point want a Labour government to be re-elected due to their national policies and the mess that this country is currently in after so long in their care, I do believe that you would be a good MP for Hyndburn. I don't agree with everything you stand for but on the whole you are a decent bloke who I believe will work his heart out for the people here. I would much rather a local bloke who cares passionately than someone looking for a gravy train to ride. I have yet to be in a position to pass judgement on the Conservative candidate but rest assured I will be grilling him/her in due course.

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 08:51   #33
Resting in Peace

Quote:
No!

Agreed. A full time job. Peel Ward is secondary. Two issues. Out of touch MP's in London? Would Peel Ward want a totally backbench Councillor albeit with clout?

I would want to keep my feet totally on the ground, Peel Ward (both Hodder St and Councillor aspect) may be helpful for that.
I tend to disagree Graham, Hyndburn needs a full time MP and Peel Ward a full time councillor, in respect of peel the representative needs to be here 24/7
Old 03-03-2010, 12:23   #34
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
Mmm, my recollection of the conversation when I asked if you would be living mainly in London or in Accy included you saying that Hodder street was "too accessible for the weirdos and freaks that plague Greg at the moment......"

Now I will say the following to be both honest and balanced. Whilst I do not at this point want a Labour government to be re-elected due to their national policies and the mess that this country is currently in after so long in their care, I do believe that you would be a good MP for Hyndburn. I don't agree with everything you stand for but on the whole you are a decent bloke who I believe will work his heart out for the people here. I would much rather a local bloke who cares passionately than someone looking for a gravy train to ride. I have yet to be in a position to pass judgement on the Conservative candidate but rest assured I will be grilling him/her in due course.
Yes Greg's had issues though it's not my place to say. I was warned (by officals) which was our conversation. I do not want to be forced out of Hodder Street and forced to move to somewhere secluded. I have a baby daughter. If we can't sell my grans, if I win, then as I said, we'd consider keeping it between Khole, Clare and me. We've a viewing this Saturday from someone, it's still up for sale.

Two years ago a man was sectioned for hassling Councillors at home continually and sensually. His issue was that a secret underground sect runs everything in Hyndburn and controls everybody and as intelligent Councillors we had to lead the fight to resist. Letters and documentation 'proving this' ran from a dozen pages per month to 100 pages per month.

Last edited by Neil; 03-03-2010 at 14:27. Reason: cleaning up 2 threads
g jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 14:28   #35
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

I have just moved the Howarth Art Gallery questions into this thread http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...ery-48634.html so we dont get these 2 threads merging together
Old 03-03-2010, 15:37   #36
God Member

Quote:
Two years ago a man was sectioned for hassling Councillors at home continually and sensually. His issue was that a secret underground sect runs everything in Hyndburn and controls everybody and as intelligent Councillors we had to lead the fight to resist. Letters and documentation 'proving this' ran from a dozen pages per month to 100 pages per month.
So is Garinda still sectioned?
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 15:42   #37
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
Quote:
So is Garinda still sectioned?
Sounds more like the beliefs of one of our lady members
Old 03-03-2010, 15:53   #38
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Sounds more like the beliefs of one of our lady members
Only one? I would have said half a dozen, at least.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 16:54   #39
God Member

It gets more like Misogynists United every day on here.
......we are only different shaped fellas

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 17:57   #40
Senior Member+

Obviously "Mysoginist" is the word of the day!
Old 03-03-2010, 18:12   #41
God Member

Only when Tealeaf posts
most of the other 'men' here display human qualities

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 09:17   #42
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
Only when Tealeaf posts
most of the other 'men' here display human qualities
Why thank you Margaret, obviously the rumors about you hating men are much exaggerated

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..