Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-03-2010, 06:36   #46
Give, give, give member

Re: Any Ideas how to get rid

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
So what your saying is that the police have no actual authority to move undesirables along in the Arndale shopping center (private property) its the responsibility of some minimum wage security guard who has no legal powers of arrest ........
Yet at the same time Bars/Clubs/Nightspots are allowed to employ "thugs" who do 'stop and search' of young people entering their premisis (sp?) for 'illicit contrabend' ......something doesn't add up here
I think the law would only become involved if it was something other than threspass on private property, such as public nuisance, or drunk and disorderly, etc.

The law needs changing.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-03-2010, 09:41   #47
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
I think the law would only become involved if it was something other than threspass on private property, such as public nuisance, or drunk and disorderly, etc.

The law needs changing.
Your powers of observation have always astounded me Rindi, you should have gone into politics, or maybe not
Old 25-03-2010, 10:47   #48
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Your powers of observation have always astounded me Rindi, you should have gone into politics, or maybe not

Happily my ambitions were always a little loftier.

It must be so very disappointing to have political ambitions, and then fail, and have those dreams thwarted.

Do please feel free to share your own bitter experiences with us.

You're bound to find a sympathetic ear.

We're listening....

Old 25-03-2010, 10:49   #49
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Your powers of observation have always astounded me Rindi
If I can astonish just one simple soul a day, I feel what I do is justified.

Old 25-03-2010, 12:45   #50
Senior Member+

Can they not put a hasp/staple with a substantial padlock on the door. Then the "lodgers" would have to commit criminal damage to get in there - that is also breaking and entering/burglary.
Old 25-03-2010, 14:55   #51
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
If I can astonish just one simple soul a day, I feel what I do is justified.

Your trouble is you like the sound of your own voice to much, why use one post when ten will do
Old 26-03-2010, 05:17   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
Can they not put a hasp/staple with a substantial padlock on the door. Then the "lodgers" would have to commit criminal damage to get in there - that is also breaking and entering/burglary.
That's the most sensible and logical solution. Force a situation where they either have to move on or break the law.
Hiddlebit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2010, 07:09   #53

OR even when they are in there, put the H/S on and they will have to break it to get out, then you call the cops as its still broken... lol
mattylad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2010, 09:04   #54
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiddlebit View Post
That's the most sensible and logical solution. Force a situation where they either have to move on or break the law.
Of course its sensible but should you have to do it on your on property, the police say its not their problem, but if you take the law into your own hands on your own property they will intervene then, but the police don't even do anything about things happening in the public domain, it would have been quite easy for them to have baned the demo's in Bolton last Saturday but chose not to
Old 27-03-2010, 14:19   #55
Resting in Peace

Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | UK News :: Kosovans have taken over my £500k home
Cast your optics on this
Old 27-03-2010, 14:56   #56
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Your trouble is you like the sound of your own voice to much, why use one post when ten will do

...and the post that I'm quoting of your's, is related to the subject of the thread how?

I might post a lot, but there's always a message in there somewhere. Unlike some people's banal posts, just commenting on other's thoughts, and adding little to the debate.

Perhaps we should do with those time wasters what some of us would like to do with the garden invaders.

Old 27-03-2010, 20:31   #57

Quote:
Of course its sensible but should you have to do it on your on property, the police say its not their problem, but if you take the law into your own hands on your own property they will intervene then, but the police don't even do anything about things happening in the public domain, it would have been quite easy for them to have baned the demo's in Bolton last Saturday but chose not to
Fitting a lock is taking the law into your own hands and something you shouldn't have to do?

Sorry but that makes no sense at all. Makes you sound like someone who would rather moan and complain than find a practical solution. You're sure you're not a politician?
Old 27-03-2010, 21:15   #58
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiddlebit View Post
Fitting a lock is taking the law into your own hands and something you shouldn't have to do?

Er........ run that by me again please !!

So if I don't do it who will ? I'm sure the Plods have got loftier things to do than put a padlock on my Shed !!

a more concise explanation would be helpful there Hiddlebit !

Last edited by DaveinGermany; 27-03-2010 at 21:17.
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2010, 23:28   #59
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post

So if I don't do it who will ? I'm sure the Plods have got loftier things to do than put a padlock on my Shed !!

Where does the law stand on chastity belts?

Old 28-03-2010, 06:46   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post

It's not my logic you're having problems with. It's Jaysays. When I supported the idea of fixing a lock on a shed, he described it as taking the law into your own hands...which is barmy, frankly.

As you say, Dave, it's something you have to do yourself. And if you do, and some hairy-arsed criminal comes along and breaks or damages it, the police have no choice then but to act because a crime has then been committed.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..