Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2010, 12:19   #31
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Censorship

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post

However, since groups like Bildenburg are freely discussed, in the press, as well as on the internet, I don't buy into the conspiracy theory that our freedom of expression in the UK is unnecessarily resticted.
well mine was restricted, by a certain young politico on here.
Old 09-04-2010, 12:27   #32
God Member

Quote:
groups like Bildenburg are freely discussed, in the press, as well as on the internet, I don't buy into the conspiracy theory that our freedom of expression in the UK is unnecessarily resticted.
Who attends is published, but what they discuss is strictly censored

Bilderberg Group - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"The Bilderberg Group, Bilderberg conference, or Bilderberg Club is an annual, unofficial, invitation-only conference of around 130 guests, most of whom are persons of influence in the fields of politics, banking, business, the military and media. Each conference is closed to the public and the press."

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 12:40   #33
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
Who attends is published, but what they discuss is strictly censored

Bilderberg Group - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"The Bilderberg Group, Bilderberg conference, or Bilderberg Club is an annual, unofficial, invitation-only conference of around 130 guests, most of whom are persons of influence in the fields of politics, banking, business, the military and media. Each conference is closed to the public and the press."
I take it everything discussed in your home is broadcast on loud speakers?

Perhaps the wind blows the wrong way, for me to hear it.

Sixty years ago the majority of people wouldn't have known of the existence of such groups, unless the press decided to publish that information. We've never had as much information since we first crawled out of the Primeval Swamp.

If I decide to invite 130 people to my house, despite being a bit squashed, what goes on inside will remain 'censorsed', from the majority of the non-invitees.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 13:02   #34
God Member

I refer to to the famous speech made by JFK shortly before he was assassinated

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 13:27   #35
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
I refer to to the famous speech made by JFK shortly before he was assassinated
Don't wear Chanel, if you drive in an open top car, after posting that. You'll never get those stains out.

(I wonder how long it will be able to be seen by the general public, before it's censored, and removed?)

Old 09-04-2010, 14:54   #36
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Problem with JFKs speech, would be fine if he was sincere. a certain dead blonde movie star, proves otherwise,
Old 10-04-2010, 09:11   #37
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Problem with JFKs speech, would be fine if he was sincere. a certain dead blonde movie star, proves otherwise,
Ya the CIA thought she was a bad singer cashy
Old 10-04-2010, 09:35   #38
God Member

Question for Blazey .......... You complain about the locals not understanding you ... could it be that... "Hey up" , "ello luv", and "give us a fag" doesen't readilly translate into the local Mandarin dialect, maybe your spoken English isn't up to the Oxford/Cambridge BBC English that the locals have been trained to understand .
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 09:50   #39
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
Question for Blazey .......... You complain about the locals not understanding you ... could it be that... "Hey up" , "ello luv", and "give us a fag" doesen't readilly translate into the local Mandarin dialect, maybe your spoken English isn't up to the Oxford/Cambridge BBC English that the locals have been trained to understand .
According to my Daughter they do understand sign language though SJ
Old 10-04-2010, 16:36   #40
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
well mine was restricted, by a certain young politico on here.
'Was'.

Past tense.

People power.

Old 11-04-2010, 08:51   #41
Resting in Peace

Quote:
'Was'.

Past tense.

People power.

Or a cashy clip round the ear
Old 11-04-2010, 19:43   #42
Senior Member+

is the chinese food better or worse than in england?
Old 11-04-2010, 21:32   #43
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mani View Post
is the chinese food better or worse than in england?
no idea but i can tell you the chineese dont eat what they sell , a friend of mine dated a chineese girl whos parents owned a takeaway and a resturant and when invited to tea was told that they never eat the stuff they sell because its crap and would probably kill you and made a propper traditional chineese meal for him which was totaly different from what we buy in teh takeawys lol.

the bad stuff dosnt half taste good though lol

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 22:31   #44
God Member

Knowledge is power so the Bejing keeps that knowledge from the masses to stay were they are.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 22:39   #45
Super Moderator

A bit worrying that we haven't heard from Blazey for two days now. Do you think she's finally driven the Chinese police beyond the point of endurance? "We velly, velly sorry, missy, we tell you be quiet. Still you yakety yakety yak. Now you go to clinkee!"

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..