Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-01-2014, 20:03   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Disgusting

No, not surprised at all. Hope the caution she got comes back to haunt her in the future, will be on a CRB check for a while.
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-01-2014, 22:11   #17

This is very distressing - but what gets me is that someone actually stands there and videos this sort of thing instead of trying to help the victim. I don't know this case in particular but know of similar ones that have happened in this part of the world, where people have stood around and made no effort to intervene. Standing there taking videos (for their own gratification and excitement???) which often incites the perpetrators to be more vicious.

I know that people don't like to get involved and are worried for their own skin but surely if they have anything about them the first thing to do is to try to help the hapless victim.
What if the victim belonged to them? How would they feel knowing that no-one had helped.

The attackers are bullies and cowards - the video takers are not much better.

You are spot-on Margaret with your comments in regard to respect.

Last edited by dotti34; 14-01-2014 at 22:14.
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2014, 22:22   #18
Senior Member+

Dotti, I think the person taking the video was with the girl, he was recording before the assault took place. They walked alongside their victim for a short time then she was grabbed from behind and dragged her to the ground kicking and punching her in the face.
Someone did step in at this point.
Old 14-01-2014, 23:20   #19

gpick24, many thanks for the update on this case. At least this time it wasn't what I had thought had happened - but we have had some awful cases here where there has been an assault and the people around HAVE behaved in the fashion I set out in my post.
Some of the assaults have happened at schools and involved student/s, the perpetrator/s encouraged by the mob all clicking away - what sort of adults are they going to be I wonder, the ones involved AND the 'clickers'.
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2014, 08:42   #20
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Nope I think folk have fallen into the trap set by the thread starter.
Since coming to our town/area not had a good thing to say about it. Always coming up with bad examples. I'm beginning to wonder why his/her parole officer sent him/her here?
After all, who moves into a town they've never been to, know nothing about and keep dragging up the bad bits we already know about?
He/she obviously isn't happy here, maybe he/she should ask for a transfer somewhere more appropriate ?
What had he/she done to deserve having to live in these surroundings?
I apologise that I appear to have given you that impression! On the contarary I love it hear and I love the towns folk. I do just enjoy a good moan. I will try to be more on the positive side in future!
Michael1954 likes this.
AccringtonNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2014, 09:08   #21
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Here is a link to this story in the Telegraph Three teenagers released on bail after filmed attack on girl in Blackburn (From Lancashire Telegraph)
Old 15-01-2014, 09:57   #22
God Member

jack straw thinks its wrong to name these girls and that the people who did broke the law

anyone esle think different to this muppet

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 15-01-2014 at 09:59.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2014, 10:02   #23
God Member

by the way i know it is illigal to name children in court cases etc but without people coming forward and naming these girls on facebook they would have most likely got away with it

well it turns out they have in a way anyway

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 15-01-2014, 10:14   #24
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Until they are arrested and in court they are not in court cases so are they still protected or only after they are arrested?
Old 15-01-2014, 10:40   #25
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Until they are arrested and in court they are not in court cases so are they still protected or only after they are arrested?

i have no idea but it seems harsh to go after those who helped their capture.Fair enough them going after ones who have made threats though

Old 15-01-2014, 11:23   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpick24 View Post
From what I`ve heard tonight, that is likely to be the case I`m afraid.

Is it any wonder that people take the law into their own hands and "deal" with this sort of thing themselves
Old 15-01-2014, 12:11   #27
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHAZ1975 View Post
Is it any wonder that people take the law into their own hands and "deal" with this sort of thing themselves
If the link posted by Neil is correct, then what I heard is probably incorrect, I don`t think you can get a caution/reprimand from the police and then go to court as well.
Old 15-01-2014, 13:49   #28
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHAZ1975 View Post
Whatever our thoughts or feelings, there is due process of law to be followed.

Taking the law into your own hands is going to get anyone who does it some serious grief.
You cannot set yourself up as judge and jury....not even when there is concrete evidence.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2014, 14:03   #29
God Member

i think the age of protection from been named needs lowering

if you can have kids,fight for your country etc then you can be resposible for your actions and the effects they have

mind you saying that you can die for your country ,have a baby but cant have a drink and a smoke

lol just realized you can have sex but cant watch a movie of other people having sex lol

what a contridiction our system is

Old 15-01-2014, 15:32   #30
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

That's so the girls are not scared off after watching certain films

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..