Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Lost Friends / Family
Donate! Join Today

Lost Friends / Family Lost friends from the Accrington area? Maybe someone here can help?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2006, 19:49   #31
mez
God Member

Re: St Marys RC school Oswaldtwistle 1955-57??

would the other be micheal murphy .....if saw i saw him & his wife a couple of years ago they now live burnley way .
Accrington Web
Old 10-10-2006, 22:37   #32

Hi Pat' sorry if i get my messaging mixed up, am not very good at this sort of thing.It's a shame your photo got mislaid. Colin is pretty sure he has a photo somewhere.Will post it a.s.a.p
Shaz
shazfury1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2006, 19:50   #33
Junior Member+

Great news
I hope Colin will be able to dig out the photo
Thanks
Pat
patmur64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2006, 17:46   #34
Resting in Peace

I left St. Marys in 1959 when the Holy Farm opened sorry Family. I remember a lot of the people being montioned in this thread
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 00:09   #35
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Ender View Post
I went to St Marys from 1948 until 1954, when I left to go to Paddock House. The school was in the old building with the open, cinder playground and outside loos and windows too high to see out of. In my time the headmistress was Miss Heaney and Fred Vandome was deputy head.

TonyP, I think we may have been in the same class, your name is familiar. When I left, our class teacher was Mrs Harrison. I remember Michael Coffey, Tony Borwick, Stuart Hartley, Stuart Bailey, Austin Caulfield, Anne Warbrick, Maureen Thompson, Audrey Hodson, Pat Fitzpatrick and my good friend (and she still is, 52 years later) Betty Wilcock. Any of these names ring any bells?
Who are you West Ender?
Stuart Hartley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2011, 18:39   #36

I remember you Patrick you were in the same class as me at St Marys did you see the picture in the Observer the other week there was a lot of lads i remember David Watts (my cousin) Pete Turner Paul McGrath David Higson Maureen Clayton May Haworth Dorothy Bagshaw to mention a few.
John Maguire
topman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2012, 14:57   #37

Was at Marys leaving in 1959 names i remember Colin Edmondson,Vinny Holt, Les Moss, Tony Borwick, Stuart Hartley, and the unforgetable Oliver Rowley and me Kevin Westell
JIMSLAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2012, 15:30   #38
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMSLAD View Post
Was at Marys leaving in 1959 names i remember Colin Edmondson,Vinny Holt, Les Moss, Tony Borwick, Stuart Hartley, and the unforgetable Oliver Rowley and me Kevin Westell
Worked wi Colin fer years, think he lives oer Houghton way now, moved yon from bottom of Fielding Lane years back.
Old 29-01-2012, 17:10   #39
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman
Worked wi Colin fer years
Wasn't he foreman of the welding shop at Blythe's after Dick Cunliffe left?

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2012, 17:18   #40
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post
I know he worked at Blythe's for years yerself, I did a lot of maintenance work there in the late sixties and I bumped into him regularly used to see him quite a lot until he moved out of Ossy, must be over ten years since
Old 29-01-2012, 17:46   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
I went to Paddock too but no surprise really as St Mary's was one of the feeder schools and it was just across the road.
Gayle, can you remember the sweet shop at the beginning of that little lane which led from St. Mary's up to Paddock House (back entrance or Junior school entrance as it was then)? Paddock House girls weren't supposed to go into the shop, but we always did!
sm_counsell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2012, 17:49   #42

Sorry folks,(Gayle in particular) only just realised that I was looking at a very old post!
sm_counsell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2012, 18:22   #43
JCB

Quote:
Originally Posted by sm_counsell View Post
Gayle, can you remember the sweet shop at the beginning of that little lane which led from St. Mary's up to Paddock House (back entrance or Junior school entrance as it was then)? Paddock House girls weren't supposed to go into the shop, but we always did!
We used to call in the sweet shop at the bottom of Coal Pit Lane on the way to the Palladium .
JCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2012, 21:49   #44
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post
He may well have said that. Ask Roy Roberts.
Old 14-06-2015, 20:06   #45

Hi Stuart , Austin Caulfield .nice to see an old school mate. Austin
Austin Caulfield is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..