Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Nightlife, Events, Days out
Donate! Join Today

Nightlife, Events, Days out To discuss events, nightlife, pubs etc.. in and around Accrington. Also days out and about, where to go, where have you been, let us know!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-11-2003, 12:51   #1

Post HUGE Wrestling show with American Stars coming...

Hey, not sure how many fans of wrestling we have here but I'm sure this will interest them. As some might know, I'm Kev from ICW-UK (www.icwuk.org.uk) and we're coming to Lancashire for the massive 'Hostile Intent'.

I'm going to let you in on information that hasn't even been broken to the fans on our website... It's coming live from Darwen Leisure Centre on Saturday 24th April 2004.

We've got a superstar line up of not only amazing local youngsters (such as my good self) but the best from Britain and the best wrestlers from the United States not with the WWE.

We're flying in 4 former WWE/WCW/ECW superstars that are sure to set the area alight. The fist big name is announced on the 12th December on our site www.icwuk.org.uk. As well as this, wrestling legends Jake 'The Snake' Roberts & 'Native American' Tatanka will also be on this exciting show.

There hasn't been a wrestling show like this in Lancashire since the WWE/WWF and WCW came over in 1993.

Tickets are not yet on sale and will be from £10. There will also be a chance to meet all the guys and buy special merchandise and have your photo taken with them at the pre show 'Fan Slam'.

It will be a must see for any wrestling fans and a great show for the family.

Do we have any wrestling fans here and we pride ourselfs on listening to the fans, so any thoughts or suggestions would be great.

Kev
Every cut that heals reveals a scar that you can't hope to hide. All the pain that you restrain keeps building up deep inside. If you think you're above it then its you my friend that I implore. You've got to walk before you run. See the night before the dawn. Before you pull yourself off the floor.
icwkev is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-11-2003, 13:30   #2
Junior Member+

Post Re: HUGE Wrestling show with American Stars coming

No offence Kev but you'll see more actual body slamming at a church jumble sale. I'm not having a go, its good to have a hobby but it doesn't do it for me. I can understand the attraction of doing it at the top level, i.e. money and fame but at what price. Half of them have died of heart failure before they hit forty. Hmm, I wonder why???
Rant over, I'll get mi coat...TAXIII!
[smiley=icon_argue.gif]
Old 02-12-2003, 11:42   #3

You're opinion I guess...

30 views so people must be slightly interested... lets have some feedback and replies...
Every cut that heals reveals a scar that you can't hope to hide. All the pain that you restrain keeps building up deep inside. If you think you're above it then its you my friend that I implore. You've got to walk before you run. See the night before the dawn. Before you pull yourself off the floor.
Old 02-12-2003, 11:57   #4
Junior Member+

Kev,

Not a great fan of wrestling - bit too violent these days.

Used to enjoy it years ago with the likes of the Ultimate Warrior, Brutus the 'barber', legion of doom, macho man, (I good go on)  etc....

Will forward this to a few friends who I know are partial from time to time to a DDT or clothes line every now and again.

Love Snow White  XXXXXXX
Snow White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2003, 12:01   #5
God Member

I'd rather sit in the Arndale Centre, look at the floor & wait for the grass to grow.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2003, 13:05   #6
Jo

I hate wrestling. it's for big girls.  ;D
Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2003, 13:09   #7
God Member

I bet Snow White will be there....
Old 02-12-2003, 13:10   #8
God Member

Ooops!.....just read the previous post bar 2..
Old 02-12-2003, 13:21   #9
Jo

oh dear Tealeaf, I think he'll be angry with you. he'll be after you with his chopsticks!  ;D
Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2003, 15:26   #10
Senior Member+

if ur lucky i may turn up for ya kev

Christmas isn't a season. It's a feeling,Edna Ferber.

check out our wedding pictures taken by the lovely gareth at studio25....
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...6&id=619840253

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...6&id=619840253
mrskitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2003, 20:36   #11
Senior Member+

More slaps and real fighting going on with handbags.All fixed.
Old 03-12-2003, 15:17   #12

haha... if you say so Dik... i'd like to see you do half the things i have done... like thrown 30 feet off a balcony through a table thats wrapped in barbed wire and on fire... lol... fire is fake isn't it ...

anyway..
(from www.icwuk.org.uk)
Thanks to Mr. Corino and the fans of his forum, part of the December 12 news was leaked yesterday. A fan asked on Steve's site if he was actually coming home and before we had time to explain the 12 December he'd replied. We were hoping he had not announced Low Ki too, but he had... and the reaction has been phenomenal so thank you to both.

We have indeed secured deals for 'Hostile Intent' with both Low Ki and Steve Corino. Everyone involved in ICW from myself, to the owner, to the poster boys is excited at this and we can't wait to have them involved. Its not yet been announced what the plan is for these superstars, but all will become clear in the new year.

On December 12 we'll announcing:
- What Steve will be getting up to over here,
- Launching the official 'Hostile Intent' website,
- Naming the first two Superstars in the World Title Round Robin,
- Speculation on the third man,  
- Announcing both the date and venue for 'Hostile Intent',
- And finally ticket prices for this event.

Its very exciting times here and we hope you're as excited as us to because we're fans just like you so take a look at the forums, sign up and start giving us suggestion of what you want to see too.
Old 03-12-2003, 20:43   #13
Senior Member+

Well look at it tis way we get the WWf on Sky and they make the mistake of showing it in slow motion.Half of the damage supposedly done does not even land on the opponent.Majority of all teh stuff i ahve seen on the Tele has definately been orchestrated.Me i prefer the gentelemanly sport of boxing, but well its a choice thing.Like it or leave it
Old 03-12-2003, 22:21   #14

We're nothing like the WWE. Our action is hard hitting and high impact. Or course, like in a play, the show is staged... but more of the hurt is just that... i have the scars to prove it.!
Old 04-12-2003, 09:52   #15
Junior Member+

[quote author=icwkev link=board=nightlife;num=1070420698;start=0#11 date=12/03/03 at 17:17:54]haha... if you say so Dik... i'd like to see you do half the things i have done... like thrown 30 feet off a balcony through a table thats wrapped in barbed wire and on fire...[/quote]

Kevin, you're beginning to scare me. Who's your trainer?Ted 'the Terrier' Bundy or Hannibal 'HeadLock' Lecter maybe!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..