Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Nightlife, Events, Days out
Donate! Join Today

Nightlife, Events, Days out To discuss events, nightlife, pubs etc.. in and around Accrington. Also days out and about, where to go, where have you been, let us know!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2009, 14:28   #1
I am Banned

Calling ALL Accrington People

Hi all,

Im hoping to do an event in Accrington well its on our list we have 7 to do in the Northwest. We are looking for pub venues with large car parking space. would be appriciated if anyone had any suggestions , info, or contact details. the event is family fun based feel, with prizes, give-a-ways, a very special guest apperance. and much more..Seen as I am doing the event for Accrington people I thought it would be nice for you all to have imput. this event is going to be very fun for all ages

Paul
[email protected]
directdj is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-02-2009, 14:33   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: Calling ALL Accrington People

You could try the Brewers arms on Thwaites road in Ossy

or the Oaklea Tavern Whalley road

The Oaklea Tavern
232 Whalley Road
Accrington
BB5 5AA
01254 234900
[email protected]

Last edited by Mick; 12-02-2009 at 14:38.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 15:01   #3

What is the event ?
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 15:42   #4
I am Banned

its an No Limit / Make A Wish entertianment event for the Accrington people.

Before i contact them
Does the below venue have a large carpark as a big stage needs to be errected on the carpark?

Paul

Last edited by directdj; 12-02-2009 at 15:43. Reason: typing error
Old 12-02-2009, 16:43   #5
I am Banned

We will need some photographers to cover the event as we have a special celebirty guest comming down, and the local paper may cover the story ! we are currently in the process of collecting items from businesses and local people for prizes- give-a-ways, Auction ect.

We want to make this day special and its going to be one of a kind. ill be posting more information as we go along !

Keep your support comming in.
Paul Johnson
[email protected]

Last edited by Mick; 13-02-2009 at 05:43.
Old 12-02-2009, 18:21   #6

If you dont mind me asking why must it be a pub?

any particular reason?
Old 12-02-2009, 18:29   #7
I am Banned

a pub venue is just more suitable for this kind of event, family event has toilets, bar / drinks. ect and a large carpark for us to set up on. other than that no reason.

Paul
[email protected]
Old 12-02-2009, 18:56   #8

Because i was just thinking the superbowl carpark could provide loads of space, plus it has a bar and toilets, doubt you will find a pub with a bigger car park than that.

Might be worth considering, also its easier for people to find as everyone knows where it is, where as with pubs there are that many with the same/similar names its easy for people to end up in the wrong location.
Old 12-02-2009, 22:13   #9
Senior Member+

There is enough room to park a lorry trailer in that carpark . would that do for your stage ?
david1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 22:32   #10
Caz
God Member

Suppose it depends how big a gig you expect it to be. And whether said pub would have enough loos? There is the Oddfellows in Clayton, and I'm not sure about now but think the car park further down used to be theirs.

What about the Dunk? Would they not react favourably to a charitable cause on their grounds?

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 22:37   #11
Senior Member+

I hope you arent planning one in Colne, they dont like the noise!!

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2009, 12:02   #12
I am Banned

whats the Dunk? lol not from the area but my parents are. No the 7 places for such event is as follows:

Accrington,Liverpool,Warrington,Runcorn,Blackpool, Southport and Wigan

Last edited by Mick; 14-02-2009 at 05:25.
Old 13-02-2009, 12:05   #13
Senior Member+

dunk=dunkenhalgh hotel

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
Old 13-02-2009, 12:11   #14
I am Banned

is it in a busy area do you know? need to keep this event central for ease of access, i have contacted superbowl and awaiting a response.
Old 13-02-2009, 12:16   #15
Senior Member+

Map and access BLACKBURN - Mercure Dunkenhalgh Hotel and Spa Blackburn

its not in town

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..