Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Old Accrington > Nostalgia aint what it used to be...
Donate! Join Today

Nostalgia aint what it used to be... The "I remember when......." section is finally with us - lets reminisce!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-08-2003, 07:59   #31

Post Re: Can you name the songs you danced too?

The Drifters, what a great group and still going strong, with one original member (Bill Pinkney) from 1953!

"Under the boardwalk, down by the sea, on a blanket with my baby, that's where I want to be"...sorry, getting carried away there...I'm in a good mood after last night's events!
ASFC1951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-08-2003, 22:37   #32
Senior Member+

talking about the loadstar do you remember geting your hand stamped when you went in?
Old 19-08-2003, 22:41   #33
traceyb33 and angie35

we remember tiffany i think were alone now sad or what  ;D
Old 19-08-2003, 22:43   #34
traceyb33 and angie35

diane ross chain reaction lol,wake me up before you go go
Old 19-08-2003, 22:46   #35
I am Banned

Diana Ross fan me. But Chain reaction and My old Piano where two of the worse records she ever made.

Is worse a real word ? ... Seriously..Never looks right in the context I use it.
HarryX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2003, 02:35   #36
Caz
God Member

[quote author=janet link=board=nostalgia;num=1060003218;start=0#31 date=08/19/03 at 23:37:45]talking about the loadstar do you remember geting your hand stamped when you went in?[/quote]

Can remember that at Accy disco too, Janet. You ever go there?

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2003, 12:34   #37

[quote author=ASFC1951 link=board=nostalgia;num=1060003218;start=0#22 date=08/13/03 at 08:24:45]Anybody remember the soul nights at the British Legion and the Old Band Club in the '70's? Great nights![/quote]

Remember It well!! Every Friday night...everyone trying to out-dance one and other!!
Droo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2003, 12:36   #38

[quote author=HarryX link=board=nostalgia;num=1060003218;start=0#34 date=08/19/03 at 23:46:38]Diana Ross fan me. But Chain reaction and My old Piano where two of the worse records she ever made.

Is worse a real word ? ... Seriously..Never looks right in the context I use it.[/quote]

Depends which context you use it in Harry. ie Bad...worse...worst! ;D
Droo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2003, 07:06   #39

Does anyone else remember seeing Wayne Fontana & the Mindbenders at Accy Con Club one New Years Eve in the mid 60's??

I also remember going to somewhere up Rawtenstall way to see the Spencer Davies Group with Stevie Winwood.

Of course nothing compared to seeing the Beatles at Blackpool........
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2003, 12:40   #40

Anybody recall seeing Van Morrison at Accy Con, Christmas 1965? He was awful!
ASFC1951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2003, 17:39   #41

Peepers in blackburn, with lynard skinard on the turn table playing full blast as you shook your head, throwing dandruff and sweat into the beer glasses that were taken from the local "Vulcan". Peepers sold only pop.
macattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2003, 07:49   #42
Senior Member+

My first was I will survive.Women dragged me up to dance and yes i did .
Old 08-09-2003, 22:54   #43
Accy Goddess

T.Rex, My Guy, American pie, you can get it if you really want.
ANNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2003, 04:23   #44

I remember the Loadstar, on the ribchester rd. First we would go to the New Inns, then on to the Royal Oak on longsight road, then to the Loadstar ( very hard landlady with bleach blond hair , went to school with my dad. ) then we ended up at the Cavendish. Always the same friday  nights. When the Cavendish first opend they used to have top class acts, in the caberat room & the latino lounge, there was the speak easy disco as well. Lets not forget the Starlight club in little Harwood.  
Alan Gilmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2003, 14:39   #45
mez
God Member

anybody rememberjoe morts & the empire up ossy  my firstsong i danced to was at the hop , cant remember who sang it though , we used to go to  mirabelle, tonys mecca (lacarno ) in blackburn , con on mon nites ooo i was a busy lass , still go tor/roll nites . does anybody else on here go ? [smiley=ban.gif]

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..