Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-05-2007, 18:03   #16

Re: pets

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Ender View Post
Dogs have a peculiar smell when they are wet don't they? I mean wet after rain or a swim, not after a bath, it's a bit like old, wet carpets. Maybe your neighbours need to use a dog deodorant on them - or maybe it's the dog's breath (chlorophyll tablets are good for that). There's sometimes a problem with the other end too, canine "wind" always seems to smell of eggs! When I had dogs I was a bit obsessive about possible smells and always had air-fresheners around, used Febreeze a lot too.

Cats don't usually smell but their litter trays do. You have to clean them out every day, otherwise.......phhhhhhhworrrr!
yeah thats their problem they dont clean their trays .........and they're in the kitchen
Dawn-of-the-Shed is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-05-2007, 18:21   #17
Senior Member+

She had a thing about cats for years & o.k i tolerated it but when one got very ill & had to be put down who ha to take it to the vets to be put to sleep?Not her.No more pets in our house.Plus the weekly outgoings are less without one,less to clean,less to fork out if your going on holiday.No as far as i'm concerned pets are a no-no in our gaff.Unless i lived abroad,i might adopt a lizard
Old 18-05-2007, 18:24   #18
Senior Member+

Pets are wonderfull additions to any family

We have two dogs and 2 rats.

Main smell come from the dogs behind.

Dogs are wonderfull for companionship and would help children maybe take on some responsability, plus you are never alone when you have a dog.

What a burglar alarm to.

Having owned dogs for over 10 years I will now probably own a dog/dogs for the rest of my life.
Old 18-05-2007, 18:26   #19
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

ill get a tortoise!!
oh i cant, they illegal now arnt they?.....damn
Old 18-05-2007, 18:34   #20
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post
ill get a tortoise!!
oh i cant, they illegal now arnt they?.....damn
Aquamania had one last time I was there.
Old 18-05-2007, 18:39   #21
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***Mr D*** View Post
Aquamania had one last time I was there.
Aquamania?Sure it was'nt a turtle
Old 18-05-2007, 18:45   #22
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

teenage mutant hero turtles
Old 18-05-2007, 18:46   #23
God Member

I dont have any now, and dont want any 2 kids are enough, but we always had cats when we were kids, then dogs, rabbits, fish and a horse.
Old 18-05-2007, 19:00   #24
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwell silver View Post
Aquamania?Sure it was'nt a turtle
No it was a minature tortoice.

Wasnt cheep either.
Old 18-05-2007, 19:38   #25
Beacon of light

I have had up to 4 cats at any one time.......two of my own, and two strays,but alas Monty my Maine Coon cat died in February(lovely boy)......and recently one of the timid strays has disappeared. He always used to come to sleep in a cat box in the garage, and would have a good scoff every morning...but haven't seen him now for something like 10 days. I do have a little black cat with white socks. She was a stray who turned up some 8 years ago. Hubby had just had a stroke and was very 'down'........she was a kitten then and made him smile.....and then made him laugh, and would drape herself round his shoulders like a big furry collar.
Once she became a member of the family, my hubby began to get better.
She is called Pashmina...Pasha for short.
We also have a stray white male cat visiting us for food and a comfy sleep on the sofa.......I'm not allowed to give him a name because he isn't 'mine'.
So now only two cats. My house would not feel like home without them.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2007, 21:34   #26

We have 2 cats, 'Toffee', & 'Harwood'. Love them to bits, & will probably have another couple before the year is out!
Old 18-05-2007, 21:47   #27
Passed away 25-11-09

Rabbits can make good house pets. We had one, years ago, called Snoopy. We got him when he was tiny and trained him to use a litter box. He used to go to sleep on my shoulder, would sit up and beg for Smarties and cheese sandwiches and used to lie on the rug by the fire with the cat and the dog.
Old 18-05-2007, 21:49   #28
Senior Member+

I have a cocker spaniel black and white called janey! And i think shes adorable. Shes so funny , for etc , she walks into doors and acts so dumb and its funny to watch ! She looks like this:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00067.JPG (60.9 KB, 6 views)

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2007, 23:33   #29

I have two boxers a mother and son
my girl
my boy
Polly_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2007, 23:53   #30

my dog does all mannor of secretions all over the place, poo, pee, slaver, blood, snot, spit, sweat etc, and farts constantly too. he snores loudly, weezes, grunts, has nightmares etc, her gets filthy, constantly licks his balls, ass n all, then trys to kiss you! Yet throughout all this he provides total loyalty, would lay down his life for me, is well behaved, patient, persistant, funny, idiotic, stubburn etc

i hate most all the dog hairs that get just about everywhere, but hey, all this is still worth owning him for
moonbyter is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..