Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2012, 13:27   #31
I am Banned

Re: parking ticket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael1954 View Post
Wise words, John, and in view of Tony's experience I will display both in future. By the way, the badge will be up for renewal in May. Will we receive a new badge through the post, or do we have to re-apply?
You will get a letter and forms thro the post.
You can renew you blue badge at Accrington Library via video link, save having to fill the form & post it off.
Retlaw.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-02-2012, 15:23   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
You will get a letter and forms thro the post.
You can renew you blue badge at Accrington Library via video link, save having to fill the form & post it off.
Retlaw.
Thanks for that. I appreciate the information.
Michael1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 18:24   #33
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael1954 View Post
Wise words, John, and in view of Tony's experience I will display both in future. By the way, the badge will be up for renewal in May. Will we receive a new badge through the post, or do we have to re-apply?
You'll get an application form about 6 weeks before its due to expire, you will need two new photos to go with the form Michael
Old 01-02-2012, 18:34   #34
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
You'll get an application form about 6 weeks before its due to expire, you will need two new photos to go with the form Michael
If you do it at the library, they will do all that over the video link, even your signature as well, takes less than 5 mins.
Just one thing in Jaysay's case it won't work, his ugly mug would break the camera.
Retlaw.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 18:36   #35
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
If you do it at the library, they will do all that over the video link, even your signature as well, takes less than 5 mins.
Just one thing in Jaysay's case it won't work, his ugly mug would break the camera.
Retlaw.
Old 06-03-2012, 15:45   #36

not sure if this has been covered but parking ticketss on private land are not enforcable by law.

The private company can request the details of the registered keeper from the DVLA but they have no right to ask who was the driver at the time of the parking offence, as this is a civil matter. ignore the ticket and let them send a letter, reply to the letter that the car is indeed yours but you didn't commit the offence as any 1 of 5 people could of been driving.
just keep sending the same letter back and they will give up.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:26   #37

Just had my appeal this morning & judge (who was a solicitor) agreed that there was no proper markings etc to differentiate between the two separate car parks, so I won, now today had cost me in petrol to Manchester & back, £33 to put little one in nursery for an extra day, £4.50 car parking, so its probably cost me the price of the ticket, but its not the money its the principle which is what I told the judge. Just thought you'd like to know that it is with appealing. (Oh & the judge said its not the first appeal he's heard for this car park, what's betting it won't be his last)

Last edited by wallop79; 12-03-2012 at 10:29.
wallop79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:02   #38
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Nice one wallop, i agree totally its principle.
Old 12-03-2012, 11:58   #39
Senior Member+

Well Done, can you not counter claim for your expenses from the company who LOST.
Old 12-03-2012, 13:57   #40

With this Excel company,simply do not pay. Just ignore their letters.After about 4 or 5 attempts to contact me,they gave up.They are looking for the easy jerks who will pay up without question.If you go on the Excel site, you will see that Martin Lewis has left the same advice as me. Do not pay.
Jim Procter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 18:05   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Procter View Post
With this Excel company,simply do not pay. Just ignore their letters.After about 4 or 5 attempts to contact me,they gave up.They are looking for the easy jerks who will pay up without question.If you go on the Excel site, you will see that Martin Lewis has left the same advice as me. Do not pay.
With myself Jim I was on a council car park in Bury, so I couldn't ignore it. If I'd have been on a private car park like you've said just ignore it, its not enforceable.

Last edited by wallop79; 12-03-2012 at 18:08.
wallop79 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..