Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-03-2013, 10:04   #16

Re: Oil-radiator advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpick24 View Post
Me too, unfortunately Mrs 24 is the opposite, slightest thing and it`s something supernatural
Lol I bet you two have some fun

Well I have had certain things occur which I've found no explanation for-but this is particularly concerning me-I think because it happened so late at night and I didn't hear the switches flick-surely even if it is designed to do it, I would have heard something-they do make a definite noise.I'll get himself to look at it later on.
Old 28-03-2013, 10:16   #17
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarmouse0707 View Post
I never win in them arguements.
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2013, 11:06   #18
I am Banned

Quote:

Well I have had certain things occur which I've found no explanation for-but this is particularly concerning me-I think because it happened so late at night and I didn't hear the switches flick-surely even if it is designed to do it, I would have heard something-they do make a definite noise.I'll get himself to look at it later on.
Electrickery....mend it with a new one.. better to be safe than sorry

But still sleep with one eye open and put some garlic around the window frame.
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2013, 11:32   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by DtheP47 View Post
Electrickery....mend it with a new one.. better to be safe than sorry

But still sleep with one eye open and put some garlic around the window frame.
Ah thanks you make me feel so much better

Do vampires like their food cold or something

I'll definitely get a new one unless the other half can sort this one out, if it's a fuse or something simple like that
Old 28-03-2013, 11:54   #20
Senior Member+

If you do get a new one, personally, I don`t think I`d have a halogen in a bedroom.
They are good heaters, but if too close to something they can cause a fire. They`re ok for an office or a small room, but I wouldn`t want to sleep with one on.
Old 28-03-2013, 12:00   #21
Senior Member+

Also, I think i`d be pushing your friend to put central heating on. If you`re paying him rent, least you can expect is for it to be comfortably warm.
Old 28-03-2013, 12:00   #22
I am Banned

Quote:
Ah thanks you make me feel so much better

Do vampires like their food cold or something

I'll definitely get a new one unless the other half can sort this one out, if it's a fuse or something simple like that
Just don't want you getting frostbite sm
Sunflower49 likes this.
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2013, 12:13   #23

Quote:
If you do get a new one, personally, I don`t think I`d have a halogen in a bedroom.
They are good heaters, but if too close to something they can cause a fire. They`re ok for an office or a small room, but I wouldn`t want to sleep with one on.
I hear you-when MargP first recommended me one, it was for the house-not for my rented place-good point especially given this room's small.

Quote:
Also, I think i`d be pushing your friend to put central heating on. If you`re paying him rent, least you can expect is for it to be comfortably warm.
You've got a point again-the reason he's never used it is because of the set up of the house & the way he's built the kitchen, the main radiator downstairs cannot be turned on. He sees it as pointless to heat the rest of the house when he's only ever really needing the sitting room to be warm-so he uses an electric fan heater.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DtheP47 View Post
Just don't want you getting frostbite sm
I'm even more convinced something weird's going on now. I went downstairs and dug out a small fan heater to use for now, and It's just switched itself off and won't go back on.Granted the switches haven't moved but they don't move when you press them, they're touch-sensitive ones.

I keep telling myself I'll burn more calories because I'm cold.
Old 28-03-2013, 12:16   #24
Senior Member+

Sounds like he needs his electrics tested.
Old 28-03-2013, 12:19   #25

Quote:
Sounds like he needs his electrics tested.
I'm beginning to feel as if It's my head that needs to be tested. I'm wondering if it can still be the electrics when my laptop, 'phone charger,vapouriser charger, lamp are all plugged in and working fine-downstairs the washing machine's on and the kettle and microwave are working....
Old 28-03-2013, 12:30   #26
Senior Member+

Quote:
I'm beginning to feel as if It's my head that needs to be tested. I'm wondering if it can still be the electrics when my laptop, 'phone charger,vapouriser charger, lamp are all plugged in and working fine-downstairs the washing machine's on and the kettle and microwave are working....
Could just be the one socket, was the fan heater you tried plugged into same socket as the oil filled radiator, or could even be a different socket but on the same circuit, a house could have more than one circuit for the sockets.
Old 28-03-2013, 12:32   #27
Senior Member+

Might be worth investing in one of these.
PlugIn Circuit Breaker: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics
Sunflower49 likes this.
Old 28-03-2013, 12:35   #28

Not the same socket but you're right-this might not mean anything.

I am shuddering remembering the botch job of the electrics in my old house-whoever lived there before was a nutjob I'm sure of it.

This is quite an old house too.
The place I share with my partner has had a couple of weird things happen-I'll never forget when I was sitting minding my own business recently and one of the spotlight bulbs literally shot out of the socket a few feet from me!
Old 28-03-2013, 12:40   #29
Senior Member+

Has your circuit breaker tripped in the fuse box?
Sunflower49 likes this.
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2013, 12:42   #30

You read my mind , Frank-I'm trying to get through to the guy whose house this is to ask him about that (and confess I've blown his fan heater up lol )

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..