Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-03-2005, 06:56   #1

Good Friday - the biggest day in the club's history

If all goes well today, by ten o' clock tonight Stanley could sit 2nd in the table with just six games remaining. Of course, every game is massive from now on, but if results go the right way today, including the big one tonight, Stanley will have made a very significant progression towards a play-off place.

I've never really said this before, but i'm up at 7:30am after a night out so i'm feeling a little sentimental. It has been a real pleasure to be part of this football club. I am not a Stanley fan as some of you know - just a 20 year-old student making his first break into broadcast journalism - but following Stanley has been a wonderful experience, there are some great people at this club and Canvey Island away summed everything up and will be a night I will never forget.

There is nobody who wants Stanley to go up more than I do, even if its just to see joy on the faces of the people at the club that really matter (they know who they are - most of them made Canvey Away feel like a family celebration, or so it felt to me)

Tonight's game is absolutely massive, the biggest game in the club's history and it would be nice to see a lot of Stanley fans at Eton Park to cheer the lads on.

So if your reading this and still think of going, I hope I've made your minds up.

If not, coverage from 7 with me on the Keith Fletcher Show on BBC Radio Lancashire

Adam

Last edited by Adam Cottier; 25-03-2005 at 07:02.
Adam Cottier is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-03-2005, 08:40   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Good Friday - the biggest day in the club's history

Quality Fella! C you There

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2005, 09:58   #3
Senior Member+

COME ON STANLEY!!!!!

Nicely put Adam.....

See you all there to support the lads,,, massive absolutely massive, C'mon u REDS!!!!!!!
Smiffy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2005, 10:15   #4

Talking Re: Good Friday - the biggest day in the club's history

Every game is massive now - we need to keep winning and Im super confident that John n Jimmy will ensure that Like I sed - 4-1 to the Reds tonight - I can feel it in me bones - Burton have nowt to play for apart from pride and we wont even give em that ... If Im not down the pub watching Gillette Soccer Spesh, I will tune in Adders...

Jimbo T blower

Born and Bred in Accrington - You cant BUY class

"We invented the big time now we're back in the big time" ( Loweiy circa 2006 )

AND THATS WHERE WE'RE STAYIN!!!!
Jimbo T Hornblower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2005, 18:20   #5

a brill post adam keep up the good comentry for all of us that cant get to all the games, see you all next sat at crawley
Old 25-03-2005, 18:55   #6

sTANLEY 1-0 IN 3 MINS
bobthedj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2005, 19:10   #7

Adam...

As I've said before, don't know you, all I can judge is from your previous posts....

Got to say, this latest one was so well written, glad to see that you really do have journalistic skills, & the sentiments expressed almost brought a tear to my eye....... &, no, I'm NOT being patronising.... sorry if some of my previous posts may have given you that impression... but, I don't know how to embellish my comments with 'smileys', etc!! You're a third of my age, I was brought up to use the written word, rather than the symbols & TXT language so favoured by your generation!!

Never heard you on radio, but will now 'tune in' whenever I cannot get to game...another listener for Radio Lancs!!

Best of luck in your chosen career, & may you always remember your days with Stanley, even when you're commentating on Chelski & Man Ure!!

Last edited by KiTChener; 25-03-2005 at 19:18.
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2005, 01:41   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiTChener
I was brought up to use the written word, rather than the symbols & TXT language so favoured by your generation!!

I have the same problem and find that I am misinterpreted as being arrogant and patronising when I intend no such thing. I tend to sit on the sidelines and simply read the forums most of the time for that very reason.

However, having read this thread I just felt I had to sympathise with you Kitchener and also to wish you well Adam in your chosen career.

I'd like to see Stanley acheive great things just to see the smiles on the faces of those who've had to endure the "Who are they?" comments in the past. I have fond memories of Accrington and remember when the football ground was adjacent to Peel Park school.
Gobsmacked is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..