Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Tech Talk
Donate! Join Today

Tech Talk Modern technology eh? Talk about it here! Please use the seperate forums for gaming or photography talk...

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-07-2010, 12:10   #16
Resting in Peace

Re: Bt contract

I was a shareholder when BT divided into two separate companies O2 becoming the mobile phone division.

May be wrong but I think Telephonica is at least partly owned by BT.The livery on the vans etc is in any case almost identical.
Just renewed my broadband with BT at a cost of £15-95 a month, they offered me a new router but I declined the offer - Silly me.

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-07-2010, 17:42   #17
Resting in Peace

Debt contract

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benipete View Post
I was a shareholder when BT divided into two separate companies O2 becoming the mobile phone division.

May be wrong but I think Telephonica is at least partly owned by BT.The livery on the vans etc is in any case almost identical.
Just renewed my broadband with BT at a cost of £15-95 a month, they offered me a new router but I declined the offer - Silly me.
Its nearly time for me to renew my contract with Bt Beni, hope they offer me a new router I'll ripe there arm off and hit um with the soggy end
Old 01-08-2010, 12:53   #18
Beacon of light

Re: Debt contract

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I've never had a problem with BT either Margaret, Broadband that is, I don't use a mobile much as I'm not that mobile I have PAYG with Orange
I have mobile phone but I use it very little......I am a vodafone PAYG customer......my landline and broadband are with BT and my calls with Onetel.......who do not pester me at all. BT used to pester me to take up all service from them, but I told them that if they persisted in harassing me I would take all my services from another provider....since then nothing.
I know that BT may not be the cheapest, but I have always been happy with the service. In this life, you get what you pay for.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 12:38   #19
Senior Member+

you would think with all these companies doing landlines (o2, talktalk etc) that BT would perhaps drop their prices. My bt is 11.50 per month and o2 is 9.50

WRONG
i got a letter from BT saying its going up 50p a month....assholes, i cant wait to drop them and never look back. I think i will accept their offer of paying £50 to break the rest of my contract
Old 09-08-2010, 10:54   #20
God Member

I have had all my phone, broadband & tv with Tiscali for a few years at a cost of 25 quid a month which included line rental, unlimited call to landlines at any time, unlimited broadband & a few extra channels than you get on freeview.
TalkTalk recently took them over but everything has stayed the same, pricewise etc. until this morning. I received a letter from TalkTalk telling me that my current package will 'change slightly' but they will 'align it is closely as possible with the one I have'.
Their 'slight change' to my contract mean it's going up by 6 quid a month and the calls whilst still anytime will now be limited in length to 60 minutes each.
So the service I receive will be less than I've been used to & for that priviledge I have to pay more. Needless to say I'm now shopping around to see what others can offer but so far they all seem to be much the same
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 13:25   #21
Senior Member+

you could try o2
Old 09-08-2010, 19:16   #22
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
you could try o2
Will give that a look - thanks
Old 09-08-2010, 19:31   #23
God Member

I'm on Vodafone, £25 a month, line rental, broadband, free calls 24/7 ( I think there is a 60 min limit, just hang up and call again if you need to) You need to have a Vodafone mobile contract though otherwise I think its £35
Been with them a few year now and never had a problem, hope I haven't jinxed it saying that

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 19:38   #24
God Member

Just had a look at O2, but apparently their homephone & broadband isn't available to my home yet for some reason.
Will check out Vodafone as I have my mobile contract with them, didn't know they did home phones & broadband too though, cheers Ken
Old 09-08-2010, 19:51   #25
God Member

Yeah, they have done it for a few year now, I joined up when it started.
Heres the link
Broadband - Home Broadband - Vodafone

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..