Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Tech Talk
Donate! Join Today

Tech Talk Modern technology eh? Talk about it here! Please use the seperate forums for gaming or photography talk...

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2013, 17:30   #16
Beacon of light

Re: Facebook to start charging

Jay when you get to the top...there is only one way to go....Down.
On the way down, you are very likely to meet some of the folk whose toes you trod on, to get to the top...beware of them, because they won't have forgotten.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-04-2013, 17:49   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
I am only hanging onto Facebook because of A mailing list I used to be on uses the group system on there more than it does the actual mailing list.

Greedy git he is becoming. Zuckerburg needs his jaw breaking - Figuratively. Though I may be tempted to pay £10 to verbally abuse Justin Bieber.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
What box is that SM
If you click on your messages folder on facebook, at the bottom of the inbox should be something that reads 'See all'. Click on that, the folder will open and there's 'Inbox' and 'Other'. I missed loads of messages in 'Other'. The worst thing was I think others did-a friend of mine had invited a few people out for drinks before she was leaving the country and the last message in the chain was 'Okay I'll guess I'll not be seeing any of you then seeing as nobody has responded' or something-I felt really bad for her because I would have definitely responded had I known the message was there.
Old 08-04-2013, 18:04   #18
Senior Member+

I didn't know about that either! I had two messages
Old 08-04-2013, 18:05   #19
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarmouse0707 View Post
If you click on your messages folder on facebook, at the bottom of the inbox should be something that reads 'See all'. Click on that, the folder will open and there's 'Inbox' and 'Other'. I missed loads of messages in 'Other'. The worst thing was I think others did-a friend of mine had invited a few people out for drinks before she was leaving the country and the last message in the chain was 'Okay I'll guess I'll not be seeing any of you then seeing as nobody has responded' or something-I felt really bad for her because I would have definitely responded had I known the message was there.
Um I see SM I had 3 messages in other, 1 from 2009 and two from 2010, guess I missed the boat
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 18:34   #20
Beacon of light

I wouldn't worry John, it was a freighter and they wanted you to work your passage
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 20:35   #21
God Member

my lads pet ferret has a facebook account

if he dosnt pay his facebook bill will bailifs be sent to his hutch

they are more than welcome to what they find in there because at one end tehr eis a litter tray full of poop and at the other theres a sharp set of teeth.In teh middle there are various toys which are very much loved by the fore mentioned teeth

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 08:51   #22
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
my lads pet ferret has a facebook account

if he dosnt pay his facebook bill will bailifs be sent to his hutch

they are more than welcome to what they find in there because at one end tehr eis a litter tray full of poop and at the other theres a sharp set of teeth.In teh middle there are various toys which are very much loved by the fore mentioned teeth
I've seen the scars on your fingers
Old 12-04-2013, 18:19   #23
God Member

these charges are comong into effect because within seconds of buying facebook at an extortionate amount of money per share those shares fell through the floor.Now they are trying to claw back their losses anyway they can and this is one of them

now would be the perfect time to set up a rival site as people are not only fed up with this but facebooks continuously altering terms and conditions that leave your information verry open to missuse or not how you would liek it to be dealt with

saying that if you put your life on a social networking site you kinda deserve what you get
jaysay and DaveinGermany like this.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 12-04-2013, 18:24   #24
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
saying that if you put your life on a social networking site you kinda deserve what you get
Like on here ?
Old 12-04-2013, 18:28   #25
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Like on here ?
i dont think many put their mobile phone,landline,address,emaill addy etc on public display here but i would put as little information as possible onto a forum even one as good as Accywebb

Old 12-04-2013, 18:35   #26
Resting in Peace

Quote:
i dont think many put their mobile phone,landline,address,emaill addy etc on public display here but i would put as little information as possible onto a forum even one as good as Accywebb
I won't tell anybody where your tents pitched accyman
Old 12-04-2013, 20:18   #27
Senior Member+

Quote:
I know you said not many, but here`s one from just yesterday -
http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...4-a-64026.html
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 21:43   #28
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Only cos the mods aint spotted it yet, aint allowed wiout permission i think.
Old 12-04-2013, 21:54   #29
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Only cos the mods aint spotted it yet, aint allowed wiout permission i think.
Whether it`s allowed or not, common sense should tell them don`t put your phone number on the internet.
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 22:09   #30
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpick24 View Post
Whether it`s allowed or not, common sense should tell them don`t put your phone number on the internet.
Agree it should, but then everyone aint Bamber Gascoigne.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..