Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2007, 22:55   #16
God Member

Re: Smoking Area

you'll not be able to smoke at the ground

or drink
Old 06-09-2007, 11:08   #17
God Member

The bar has now arrived at the clayton end according to a text from mick shultz
Old 06-09-2007, 11:16   #18
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Timmins View Post
The bar has now arrived at the clayton end according to a text from mick shultz

Does it have a beer garden for the smokers ?
Old 06-09-2007, 11:16   #19
God Member

It's not another gazebo with trestle tables is it?
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 11:57   #20

I can't understand why people can't do without a fag for 2 hours. I think medical help should be sought by these individuals who are so afflicted.
Baudelaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 12:00   #21
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baudelaire View Post
I can't understand why people can't do without a fag for 2 hours. I think medical help should be sought by these individuals who are so afflicted.

The same could be said for those who can't go to a football match without having a pint.
Old 06-09-2007, 12:13   #22

With regard to those needing help for wanting a ciggie and a pint at a football match its more habit. If you have been attending football matches practically all your life then suddenly your part of the occasion (for some) are taken away its a bit of a culture shock when you cant carry on these things after x amount of years.
Jesus_was_A_red_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 23:07   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz66 View Post
I know you cant smoke in the ground but i thought that provisions were being made for a smoking area, so where is it ?, when we played the Burnley friendly it was ok to smoke on the concourse next to the fence, so yesterday i went and had a smoke where i was told to for that game and was told i could no longer smoke there, so i asked where i could smoke, i was told the best place to go for a smoke was in the toilets, so its ok to smoke in a confined area where children and non smokers go but not ok to smoke outside away from other people, i decided not to smoke in the toilets as it didn`t seem right, i asked if i could be let out for a smoke and was told that there wern`t allowed to let me out ?, i`m not sure if they were told not to let people out incase they didn`t come back in again .
Get outside and weed up ya smelly ******
Tracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 11:09   #24

For those of you who have never smoked, tobacco creates both a chemical and neurological addiction. For anyone to say that smokers should be able to go through 2 hours without a ciggy, is just plain wrong.

As an ex-smoker, I know just how difficult it is to not smoke at a time when you have always smoked in the past.

I feel that this problem should be quickly sorted, so that smokers can have a cigarette in a designated, open-air area.

Smoking has been banned in all indoor public places - except the House of Commons!! A case of double standards if you ask me.
Old 07-09-2007, 11:14   #25
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
It's not another gazebo with trestle tables is it?
that was fantastic, i still have a picture of it on my phone that makes me chuckle!
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 11:45   #26

Unnoficially there will be one.
Just don`t talk about it.
It`s not allowed.

No-One is completely useless........
They can always serve as a bad example.
www.panjenix.co.uk
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 11:59   #27

Quote:
You`ve obviously never smoked or you wouldn`t have come out with that
comment.

I like probably the vast majority of smokers can go a long time without a cigarette, but that wasn`t my reason for starting the thread, my points were.
1. We were told that arrangments would be made for smokers, but they havn`t.
2.How come it was ok to smoke in an area for one game but now its not ?

I can only see that by not providing smokers with the oppertunity to have a cigarette is yet another negative move by the club and will not do them any favours in trying to attract more people to the FES
Old 08-09-2007, 12:50   #28
God Member

It's a strange one this smoking ban, my understanding is that the ban applies in any enclosed areas, now, you can't say a football pitch is an enclosed area.... so it may be possible for smokers to have a fag at half-time if they congregate around the center circle..(just an idea)

Last edited by Mancie; 08-09-2007 at 12:52.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 12:53   #29
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
It's a strange one this smoking ban, my understanding is that the ban applies in any enclosed areas, now, you can't say a football pitch is an enclosed area.... so it may be possible for smokers to have a fag at half-time if they congregate around the center circle..(just an idea)
That's where they have you, you're not allowed on the pitch!!!
Redash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 21:22   #30

Quote:
It's a fair point, smoking is banned on aeroplanes but nobody gives up there holiday abroad because of this. My mate's a heavy smoker (i don't mean he's fat and smokes) and he can manage well enough.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..