Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2007, 08:10   #1

Smoking Area

I know you cant smoke in the ground but i thought that provisions were being made for a smoking area, so where is it ?, when we played the Burnley friendly it was ok to smoke on the concourse next to the fence, so yesterday i went and had a smoke where i was told to for that game and was told i could no longer smoke there, so i asked where i could smoke, i was told the best place to go for a smoke was in the toilets, so its ok to smoke in a confined area where children and non smokers go but not ok to smoke outside away from other people, i decided not to smoke in the toilets as it didn`t seem right, i asked if i could be let out for a smoke and was told that there wern`t allowed to let me out ?, i`m not sure if they were told not to let people out incase they didn`t come back in again .
Old 02-09-2007, 11:21   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: Smoking Area

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz66 View Post
I know you cant smoke in the ground but i thought that provisions were being made for a smoking area, so where is it ?, when we played the Burnley friendly it was ok to smoke on the concourse next to the fence, so yesterday i went and had a smoke where i was told to for that game and was told i could no longer smoke there, so i asked where i could smoke, i was told the best place to go for a smoke was in the toilets, so its ok to smoke in a confined area where children and non smokers go but not ok to smoke outside away from other people, i decided not to smoke in the toilets as it didn`t seem right, i asked if i could be let out for a smoke and was told that there wern`t allowed to let me out ?, i`m not sure if they were told not to let people out incase they didn`t come back in again .
As a reformed smoker of 30 odd years and a wholehearted supporter of the ban, I nevertheless can't for the life in me see why you can't smoke under cover behind the new stand, next to the portaloo. Non smokers can always hold their breath as they walk past. Are we trying to drive away the last dregs of our diminishing support?
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 11:25   #3
God Member

I am a smoker and I can tell you there were a couple of times I felt the need to light up... in fact I'm sure there were a couple of non smokers who were so desperate yesterday they could have lit up too

The smoking ban is for the whole ground covered or not and is not a stanley decision...however, other clubs have put proviso's in to leave the ground at half time so why can't we??

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 15:43   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red View Post
I am a smoker and I can tell you there were a couple of times I felt the need to light up... in fact I'm sure there were a couple of non smokers who were so desperate yesterday they could have lit up too

The smoking ban is for the whole ground covered or not and is not a stanley decision...however, other clubs have put proviso's in to leave the ground at half time so why can't we??
With how things are at the moment maybe they're afraid some might not come back in
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 16:52   #5

The Ban Comes from the council and the club met with them to say other clubs have pass outs but they said no chance, as far as ther concernd if you leave the ground you dont come back in unless you repay. The club has its hands tied if the council says no
grinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 17:06   #6
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by grinch View Post
The Ban Comes from the council and the club met with them to say other clubs have pass outs but they said no chance, as far as ther concernd if you leave the ground you dont come back in unless you repay. The club has its hands tied if the council says no
What the hell has that got to do with the council?
Old 02-09-2007, 17:17   #7
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
What the hell has that got to do with the council?
I believe the ground is built on council land thus making them the owners much to the disgust of Eric.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 17:20   #8
God Member

Are you telling us Hyndburn Council have imposed a smoking ban on all football grounds in England ? The ban was put in place by the football league.
Old 02-09-2007, 19:52   #9
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
I believe the ground is built on council land thus making them the owners much to the disgust of Eric.
I know they own the land, but if it is OK to smoke outside the turnstiles, surely they can't legally prevent the club from allowing a pass-out system should they wish to do so. I just don't get it. Or does the club not wish to do so?
Old 02-09-2007, 20:14   #10
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
surely they can't legally prevent the club from allowing a pass-out system should they wish to do so. I just don't get it. Or does the club not wish to do so?
I'm a bit lost on that one myself but if as macca suggested in another thread that alcohol would be available behind the Clayton End from next week they are going to have to provide a system for smoking to get fans in the ground to buy the beer rather than stopping in the pub until the last minute.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 15:12   #11

Good smoking area how about as far away as possible because not only do the fumes get up eveyones nose people who smoke have really bad dog breath!!!!!!!!
Darwenred1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 15:18   #12
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwenred1968 View Post
Good smoking area how about as far away as possible because not only do the fumes get up eveyones nose people who smoke have really bad dog breath!!!!!!!!
so we will be banning anyone who had garlic in the last 24 hours and beer amongst other things based on that premise then will we?
churchfcrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 16:43   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwenred1968 View Post
how about anybody who went on the beer last night and keeps on guffing? there's a few of them behind the Clayton End.

or how about if I don't don't like your eau d'toilet then?
Old 04-09-2007, 23:37   #14

[quote

or how about if I don't don't like your eau d'toilet then?[/quote]

Is twoiltte breath? Few up there guilty bud!
spud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 22:23   #15
God Member

i take it theres not going to be a smoking area outside the ground or passes or anything

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..