Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-03-2009, 21:17   #226
K-P

Re: Mullers Gone To Bantams

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
there was no need for your initial response IMHO.
what everyone should just agree with everyhting you post?

oh my god.. you mean its the way i replied?

look rob.. its a messageboard.. dont treat it like real life mate.. how many times have we spoken in real life.. am i anything like i am on here.. nothing like it...and you know that..

your obviously having trouble seperating the two so i will stop now
Old 23-03-2009, 21:21   #227
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-P View Post
am i anything like i am on here.. nothing like it...

why be somebody different?

Old 23-03-2009, 21:26   #228
K-P

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
why be somebody different?

99% of the people on here are different in real life... 20 years on the internet i have met hundreds of people from online and none of em are like they are online.. its just the way it is.. some of us understand that... some dont ...

seeya tommorow in the land of 3d people, fresh air and alcahol
Old 23-03-2009, 21:29   #229
Senior Member+

Accy Agro
Hello Hello

Macca dont forget his hairdressing bill!!

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2009, 21:36   #230

still smell accy bull **** read all you can from papers one on ones with m8 and still come to SACK THE BOARD AND HAVE A FULL CLEAN OUT AND GET SOME ONE IN WITH FOOTBALL LEAGUE IN COME ON AND SHOT ME DOWN
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2009, 21:37   #231
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

as southern reds just been reading this thread n now gone, would i be right in thinking "Tell Em Sod All" is the order of the day?
Old 23-03-2009, 21:39   #232

If that did happen jc jb and all the top players we let go may well still be here and in a play off place
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2009, 10:16   #233
Senior Member+

On the back page of the LET today it says

Mullin: i've left with reds safe.
Paul Mullin belives Accrington Stanley are virtually safe from relegation and he would not of left if he thought otherwise. 35-year old Mullin says a promotion chase was too tempting to turn down. "Its was difficult decision and it was a wrench to leave, they should be safe and it would take a small miracle for them to be caught. i think they've got enough ability not to struggle without me, if the club hadn't got a few wins and the financial situation hadn't been the same, the move probably wouldn't have happened." and on the inside pages there is a full picture of Mullin playing for bradford it just looks wrong.

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2009, 10:35   #234
Full Member+

Posted via Mobile Device
Ominous how many times stanley are referred to as 'they' and not 'we' isn't it?
dabeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2009, 10:39   #235
K-P

To be honest.. what else could he say? . Truth is before the exeter game (when the deal was done) we where far from safe.. now we all breath a little more easy.. But I dont think paul has anyhting to defend himself for.. Its the club who let us down by agreeing to the move without knowing for sure we are safe.
Old 24-03-2009, 10:43   #236
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR ADIM View Post
On the back page of the LET today it says

Mullin: i've left with reds safe.
Paul Mullin belives Accrington Stanley are virtually safe from relegation and he would not of left if he thought otherwise. 35-year old Mullin says a promotion chase was too tempting to turn down. "Its was difficult decision and it was a wrench to leave, they should be safe and it would take a small miracle for them to be caught. i think they've got enough ability not to struggle without me, if the club hadn't got a few wins and the financial situation hadn't been the same, the move probably wouldn't have happened." and on the inside pages there is a full picture of Mullin playing for bradford it just looks wrong.
I have to agree - and disagree with most - Stanley were/are safe, I could not forsee us being relegated with Chester and Grimsby being in the position they are in at the moment. As for financial situation ? As posted by many on here, I doubt that anybody will ever know The bit I can not get my head round is this "Promotion Chase???" Do not really understand that one - he has had recent - successful - promotion chases with us, what could be better than re-gaining League Status with "Your" club, unless he is a Closet Bantam

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2009, 11:43   #237
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
I have to agree - and disagree with most - Stanley were/are safe, I could not forsee us being relegated with Chester and Grimsby being in the position they are in at the moment. As for financial situation ? As posted by many on here, I doubt that anybody will ever know The bit I can not get my head round is this "Promotion Chase???" Do not really understand that one - he has had recent - successful - promotion chases with us, what could be better than re-gaining League Status with "Your" club, unless he is a Closet Bantam
agree with yer first paragraph, was telling wynonie n co before the kick off i felt they were safe, the last bit Valarian i reckon a player of mullens age would be foolish to turn down the what will be his last chance probably to appear at wembley, would think that is most players dream, n he has certainly earned that chance.
Old 24-03-2009, 11:59   #238
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
agree with yer first paragraph, was telling wynonie n co before the kick off i felt they were safe, the last bit Valarian i reckon a player of mullens age would be foolish to turn down the what will be his last chance probably to appear at wembley, would think that is most players dream, n he has certainly earned that chance.

Fair point Cashy I suppose the only way they will get up is via play offs, therefore trip to Wembley and you are right none of us should deny him that opportunity

Or what we should be doing is ensuring that he and the rest of the squad get that chance next season

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/

Last edited by VALAIRIAN; 24-03-2009 at 12:03. Reason: Missed end bit
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2009, 12:09   #239
Senior Member+

Thats what coley said in his interview that he would like to keep most of the squad for next year as he thinks we have a good chance of play-offs or at least top half of the table. I agree with and and it would be good for Mullin to play at wemberly with Stanley. Shows the confidence is running high with Coley saying things like that.

Roll on 7.45pm

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2009, 13:04   #240
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

seems like were singing from the same "Hymn Sheet" now.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..