Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-01-2010, 21:43   #76
Junior Member+

Re: Gills Match Thread

Great win for Accy, unfortunately we drew late on tonight but Stanleys 1-0 win made the draw better!
DanBurgessHillTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-01-2010, 21:47   #77
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
should have gone in half time wi a deserved lead, thought second half we nearly fell to gillinghams level which was crap, thought joyce was missed, was happy mcConville was subbed, both him n miles i thought had below par games, but milesy fer my money is always likely to get ya one,n he did. great to make history n to be able to brag Stanley gone further in the F.A. Cup than both Liverpool n Man Utd, all in all a top evening n look forward to a premiership side next round. must not forget to mention Boozers 2 great saves in quick sucession second half, stopping gillingham getting a foot in the door, well done Boozer.
maybe we should canvass (sp) pool and utd fans to fill the crown and see some proper football! And they could spend their fifty quid change from the ticket behind the bar. And since we play in red it shouldn't be too difficult for them to understand which team they are supporting.

............just a thought
Old 19-01-2010, 21:49   #78
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabeast View Post
maybe we should canvass (sp) pool and utd fans to fill the crown and see some proper football! And they could spend their fifty quid change from the ticket behind the bar. And since we play in red it shouldn't be too difficult for them to understand which team they are supporting.

............just a thought
think thats a cracking idea dabeast, at least they'll get to see some F.A. Cup football.
Old 19-01-2010, 21:54   #79

Having been to Fulham a few times in the past, they strike me as a friendly family club same as Stanley. Really looking forward to Saturday, tho doubt I'll get up there. Let's hope Big Sam can give our Coley a few pointers after Rovers beat them at the weekend.
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2010, 21:57   #80
Full Member+

Great result tonight. Thought we were a little rusty tonight after the enforced layoff . Gills were only here for the draw. With the chances created in 1st half we should have turned round with a healthy lead. Thought Billy Kee made a difference late on although how he missed that sitter I'll never know. Hopefully with this game under their belt and some better training conditions this week they'll be back to their best for Fulham
Reamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2010, 21:58   #81
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Talking to Rob Hayes after the game!!SATURDAY'S GAME is all ticket and an announcement will be made in the morning regarding tickets.
Old 19-01-2010, 21:58   #82

Yesssssss b ring on the big guns :d
Old 19-01-2010, 22:01   #83

been on fulhams web and looked at away tickets looks good for the club
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2010, 22:11   #84
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulham View Post
Well Done Accrington, hope the fourth round brings you a massive cash injection to help the club along. Tickets are already on sale to Fulham fans and are being snapped up fast. Our away support may not be great for the league but we love a good FA Cup away day, I'm sure we'll sell our 1200 with ease.

WELL DONE again, looking forward to Saturday.

www.voy.com/13865/ for Fulham fans reaction to your result tonight.
made me laugth this post ...........
Happy days -- Durell, Tuesday, January 19, 10:04:31pm (92.29.130.78)
Accrington Stanley have secured a five year shirt sponsorship with Cillit Bang. A spokesman said that they are gauranteed to remove scum from cups!
Old 19-01-2010, 22:16   #85

You guys would not believe how many Fulham fans were rooting for you to win tonight. Gillingham are still probably one of the most hated teams for Fulham fans, for obvious reasons.

Also, I expect you think we're miles different from you, but looking at your forum, and the website, reminds most of us of how we were about 15 years ago. You look like a well-run, friendly Club and it will be a reminder of the 'bad old days' that now seem like the 'good old days' for some of us. Proper football, at a proper local Club with honest players and fans. I wouldn't swap our rise through the leagues for anything, but we do miss these kind of games. I expect about 1200 other Fulham to feel the same way!

Well done and looking forward to a tough game on Saturday.
Fulham in peace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2010, 22:20   #86
God Member

Just like to congratulate Stanley on a great win and good luck in the next round.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2010, 22:25   #87
Senior Member+

Just got back meself, thought there may have been highlights on ITV FA Cup show tonight, but absolutely nothing. Gutted that I am working on Saturday, but will be doing everything in my power to get cover. This is one match I do not want to miss.
Well done to the team tonight, personally thought JM should have been subbed, he seemed lazy at times, but then he goes and sticks the winner in the onion bag. Talk about eating your own words. Hope Phil Edwards knock is nothing too serious, and yes I think Luke Joyce being back on Saturday will help steady the ship even further. The Gills wanted for nothing and that's what they got, nowt except a Yellow card for persistent diving in the box. Looking forward to Saturday and praying some kind person will cover me at work, may cost me a bit, but I don't care, not for this one, only 4th time ever that we have been in the fourth round, but first as the present incarnation of the club.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2010, 22:33   #88
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulham View Post
Well Done Accrington, hope the fourth round brings you a massive cash injection to help the club along. Tickets are already on sale to Fulham fans and are being snapped up fast. Our away support may not be great for the league but we love a good FA Cup away day, I'm sure we'll sell our 1200 with ease.

WELL DONE again, looking forward to Saturday.

www.voy.com/13865/ for Fulham fans reaction to your result tonight.
the "rant" post on the fulham forum nicked from another forum is pure class
Old 19-01-2010, 22:56   #89
God Member

Mega, mega, mega, mega, mega, mega, mega, mega, mega, mega.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2010, 23:26   #90
Junior Member+

So proud right now, will be down the station first thing 2mos to book a train home. Accy stanley i love u. Johnny coleman footbal genuis :d:d
Toon Red is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..