Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2010, 21:50   #331
God Member

Re: vs Doncaster Match Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy View Post
Apparently Stanley fans got Ambushed on the way back to the coach...
What is that all about??? We out played them by all accounts, so why the trouble?? Sore losers............

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-08-2010, 21:50   #332
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy View Post
Apparently Stanley fans got Ambushed on the way back to the coach...
Good Losers then eh.
Old 10-08-2010, 21:53   #333
God Member

Smile Re: vs Doncaster Match Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Greetings
Here are the clarification police...

Phil Edwards did NOT touch the ball for the second goal - meaning it is Craig Lindfield's.................

..............A great night!
2 Very important goals tonight, for more reasons than just winning the game!!!

Just the boost of confidence required for both Chris and Craig!!!!!! Let's just hope the both kick on from here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 21:55   #334
Senior Member+

No trouble.
Went outside and the so called donny firm squared up then ran away, just a bunch of child rats.

The game

first half - we didnt pressure the ball, they had lots of possession but didnt create much.
Our left flank was vunerable and our forwards couldnt hold up a feather.

Last edited by DAV007; 10-08-2010 at 22:00.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 22:09   #335
Senior Member+

Second half

we pressured the ball higher up the field, despite going behind the team showed maturity and didnt panic.
The subs made a huge difference giving the team width and creating chances.
Why they didnt end the game with ten men is baffling.

What the team lacks in ability and skill from last season, it more than makes up for in attitude and effort.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 22:14   #336
Junior Member+

Cheers dav! Noticed on Saturday there's plenty of battlers and strong characters this season, can only bode well for the future!
emileheskeysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 22:21   #337
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Good to see the full match report on fishy so quickly.
Old 10-08-2010, 22:25   #338

Donny fan in peace!!

Good game lads and a fully deserved win, its nice to see a team come and have a go! was very impressed with your support to they more than matched the useless lot we call supporters at the keepmoat! is there any wonder I prefer away games! well after Saturdays awesome performance away at Preston and the forever growing injury list I knew your lads were going to be far from pushovers. I think we started the game with 5 players that started Saturday and a bench that was scarily short of anything as back up, we had been warned that our bench would be mostly youth teamers and we werent dissapointed (I am not makin excuses by the way) and from the disply tonight I think we have no strength in depth! our best player tonight in my eyes was Mustapha Dumbuya who I think looks a prospect apart from him and maybe Joc we were not good lol! your boys seemed up for it and got everything you deserved maybe it should have been worse when Robbie Clark got away with a red when he pulled your guy down !! another poor ref! anyways good luck for the next round hope you get a good tie the team who knocks us out usually does ha ha! ps I walked back to the car and saw no trouble?? I can only apologise for the morons if there was ! it was prob the same idiots who booed a team who was a bit mish mash and included a 16 year old kid up front lol nothing as fickle as Rovers fans!

Good luck for the season!
Baldrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 22:41   #339
Full Member+

What an absolutely fantastic result. Congratulations Coley,J.B. & to all the lads tonight !!!

Now for a decent draw, hopefully against a big club away from home and the chance for a few quid to go into Coley's coffers. After all, wasn't he promised money from cup runs goes towards strengthening the team ???

Now get your act together O'Neill. Give Coley & Bell their contracts. Back them with a few extra quid to dip in the transfer market, before the transfer window closes, to strengthen what already looks to have the semblance of a damn good side and who knows....we all could start dreaming of play-offs and maybe better.

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 22:50   #340
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Well after losing our 3 main strikers,plus others, tonights result is MEGA in my eyes, solely down to the men with NO CONTRACTS, the DoN should be thoroughly ashamed, GET it sorted PRONTO.
Old 10-08-2010, 23:09   #341

Brilliant.
lukeogtfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 00:00   #342

Hey guys. Donny supporter here.

Thought you guys deserved the win tonight. What your side lacked in quality, they more than made up for in effort and hunger to win, and I think you should be encouraged by that for the season ahead. Our players really didn't have the desire to win the game tonight, and it was clear that the Accy players wanted it more. I can understand why we played so badly though, as we have a small squad which is currently decimated by injuries, so we had a team of strangers out there tonight, and even had to fill the bench with four 17 year olds from the youth team. We ended up with a centre-back in midfield, quite a few players making their first ever appearance and Brooker up front who hasn't played any football for 18 months due to a long-term injury. However, it was still a team that I would have expected to win the game, so your players did very well to come out on top tonight.

If your players keep putting in the hard work that they did tonight, then you should be in for another decent season.

Also, well done to the 150 or so Accy fans that made the journey down tonight. I have to credit you for the backing you gave your team.

Good luck in the next round and all the best for the rest of the season.

EDIT - Got to add, if the stories that some of your fans got ambushed are true, then I can only apollogise on behalf of every decent Doncaster supporter. Every club has their idiots, and we're not all like that. Once again, good luck for the season.

Last edited by VikingJames; 11-08-2010 at 00:02.
VikingJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 00:10   #343
Resting in Peace

What a night! Contrary to what Coley said, for me one of the most impressive parts of our play was the composed way we played the ball out of defence when Donny put us under pressure. That's what I have been waiting to see from my team for a long time. How does Coley turn cast-offs and journeymen into such impressive winners? The trouble at the end was when some Donny fans tried to ambush us as we made our way back to the coach. At least one bottle was thrown but fortunately there was a high mesh fence in the way, but it could have been a bit nasty. It's an obvious ambush spot and the police should have been aware of it beforehand.

Last edited by Redraine; 11-08-2010 at 00:13.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 00:33   #344
Dan
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Good to see the full match report on fishy so quickly.
Cheers Cashman - I've just been on to tidy up one or two errors from doing it in the heat of the moment, but given the hour and all I can't guarantee that it's my finest work!

The Dutch look like a huge jar of marmalade.”
- Barry Davies

“After a goalless first half, the score at half time is 0-0.”
- Brian Moore
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 00:38   #345
Resting in Peace

BBC report:-

"Craig Lindfield grabbed an extra-time winner to earn League Two Accrington a shock victory over Championship side Doncaster in the Carling Cup. Having dominated the first half, the hosts took the lead after the break when Josh Payne drilled in the opener.
However, Stanley substitute Chris Turner fired in from 12 yards against the run of play to force extra time."

Whoever wrote that wasn't watching the same match that I was!
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..