Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2010, 23:11   #1

Well done / Please

Well done tonight. Everyone did the might Stanley proud. The atmosphere was fantastic from outside the ground, through the game and after the match! Here's hoping the draw tomorow gives Stanley an away tie at Leeds, Sheff W or Scunthorpe! We'll be there if it's not to far!

UP THE STANLEY!
lukeogtfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-08-2010, 07:27   #2
God Member

Re: Well done / Please

Oh no, not Leeds again pleeeeeeeeeeeeeaase! Anyone but them
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 07:53   #3
Super Moderator

Hull away'd do me - bring in a bit of dosh and a new ground to visit.
Old 11-08-2010, 08:29   #4

What about home/away against Everton, or are they in Europe?
theresonlyoneaccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 08:48   #5
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by theresonlyoneaccy View Post
What about home/away against Everton, or are they in Europe?
The Toffees aren't in Europe thi season
Old 11-08-2010, 09:11   #6
Resting In Peace

We can't get Leeds. Sheff Wed, or Scunny. Draw tonight on Sky Sports News after remaining ties have been played.

Taken from fishy site

Quote:
Seeded: Everton, Birmingham, Blackburn Rovers, Stoke, Fulham, Sunderland, Bolton, Wolves, Wigan, West Ham, Newcastle, West Brom, Blackpool, Burnley, Hull, Portsmouth, Leicester, Swansea, Middlesbrough, Ipswich, Watford, Preston, Cardiff*, Sheffield United*, Reading*.

Unseeded: Leeds, Millwall, Sheffield Wednesday, Peterborough, Huddersfield, Southampton, Colchester, Brentford, MK Dons, Rochdale, Bradford, Crewe, Accrington Stanley, Morecambe, Northampton, Oxford, Notts County, Port Vale, Shrewsbury, Southend, Leyton Orient, Tranmere, Scunthorpe*, Crystal Palace*, Norwich*.

*Cardiff, Sheffield United and Reading will be seeded if they win their first-round ties tonight against Burton, Hartlepool and Torquay respectively. If they lose, Scunthorpe, Crystal Palace and Norwich are likely to replace them as seeds.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 10:15   #7

Hull away then please, not a bad ground and easy to get away at full time
lukeogtfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 11:21   #8

Leeds away for me
new red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 11:36   #9
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by new red View Post
Leeds away for me
Not possible! See Jeff's post (#6 above).
MikeA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 12:19   #10
God Member

I'm suprised Hull have cropped up as a possible money spinner. Last season they had 7,900 on for the 2nd round game, and more than likely that was reduced price too. Both local clubs usually only get around the 5-6k mark for this round too, and agian with reduced prices.

In some ways you would be better off with a home match and trying to fill the ground, at least that way there is the possibility of making money on the corporate and retail side, plus a better chance of being the live match.

If I was a Stanley fan looking for an away tie I reckon Newcastle would probably be one of the top money spinners.
Old 11-08-2010, 12:29   #11
Senior Member+

Please, please, please, Everton home or away.
We will go out, but it would be immense, and everton would easily fill 28,000 plus more likely 33,000 if they priced it properly.
It would never sell out as 4,000 seats at goodison are restricted view and you cant see the goals.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 16:09   #12

i wouldnt mind bradford away!
Gribbster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 16:31   #13
God Member

Surely this boils down to the dilema that we have, which is this:

a) It would be nice to progress as far as possible in the League trophy

as against:

b) It would be nice to get as many coffers in the pot as possible.

Of course, these are not neccessarily incompatible. It would be nice to go all the way, but lets be realistic -and no, I am not a surrender merchant.My understanding is that gate money is splt 45/45/10% after operational expenses are taken out. Therefore we have to look at what is our optimum path. As such it would be best to get a nice home game against one of the less favoured teams, followed by an away game against one of the big boys not yet in the competition due to european comitments.

Old Trafford, Anfield or Stamford Bridge would be excellent.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 16:47   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gribbster View Post
i wouldnt mind bradford away!

Not possible. see above
Old 11-08-2010, 17:24   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Please, please, please, Everton home or away.
We will go out, but it would be immense, and everton would easily fill 28,000 plus more likely 33,000 if they priced it properly.
It would never sell out as 4,000 seats at goodison are restricted view and you cant see the goals.
Everton would be a plum tie and I am sure would raise the pulses in and around the Red side of the squad let alone the fans

Although as others have said it is a chicken & egg situation an extended cup run or perhaps a one off cup tie with the media hype and everything else it would generate?

I am sure whoever we get as always against the so called "bigger boys" we will give a great account of ourselves on & off the pitch and if it means Coley gets some money out of it to wheel & deal with as has been quoted even better!

On Stanley On

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..