Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree125Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-12-2022, 08:46   #256
God Member

Re: iFollow and Stanley

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Shocking coverage last night for Morecambe game

Buffering throughout - missed both goals........

And we lost..............

Unfortunately mine was perfect showing just how bad we were so glad I didn't travel bad enough in the warmth with the slippers on.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-12-2022, 09:43   #257

Coverage wasn't too bad, but the commentary pair were so pro morecambe, and kept getting our players names mixed up. Not good for a so called professional set up as ifollow.
duckworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2022, 10:39   #258
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Shocking coverage last night for Morecambe game

Buffering throughout - missed both goals........

And we lost..............

OK once VPN was on... But aren't you glad that you missed a load of woeful attempts at playing football ?.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2022, 14:58   #259
Senior Member+

...and getting left and right mixed up. Obviously, they couldn't adjust to comentating from the opposite side to the cameras!
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2022, 15:40   #260
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
...and getting left and right mixed up. Obviously, they couldn't adjust to comentating from the opposite side to the cameras!
I switched em off Mike !... hope that they weren't getting paid for their efforts !..
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2023, 03:11   #261

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckworth View Post
Coverage wasn't too bad, but the commentary pair were so pro morecambe, and kept getting our players names mixed up. Not good for a so called professional set up as ifollow.

Can you not switch the commentary on IFollow anymore ? you certainly used to have the ability to do that.

Or is it that Stanley don't pay to send their own commentary team to cover away games and just cop out and take the easy/cheap option and just use the home clubs feed?

I know that the option that a lot of clubs use ie BBC local radio isn't one that's open to them as unlike other stations like BBC Cumbria and Carlisle/Barrow they don't cover and have a commentator and summariser at every match due to the number of clubs that they cover.

Whats happened to Dan is he not connected to the club anymore and just works full time at BBC Lancs now ? and just does the games they send him to do.
NORTHERNSOUL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2023, 03:25   #262

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
Thats a problem that's come to the fore at a number of grounds this season caused I understand by ITV when they took over the coverage in the summer asking [or was it telling] a number of clubs to change the side of the ground from which they film the games [locally i believe both Blackburn and Blackpool did that] and although when a specific commentator [ quite often a club employee or contractor ] is used he can position himself on the same side as the cameras.

The problem occurs mainly when the club choose to use the local BBC radio station feed and the facilities [isdn lines etc ] for them to do that are usually in the traditional press box which may well be on the opposite side of the ground.

I understand the EFL and I follow are planning on taking steps to remedy the situation in the summer and the only solution i can see is that they fund the moving of the necessary facilities so the commentary always comes from the same sive of the ground as the video.
Old 01-01-2023, 03:27   #263

Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTHERNSOUL View Post
Can you not switch the commentary on IFollow anymore ? you certainly used to have the ability to do that.

Or is it that Stanley don't pay to send their own commentary team to cover away games and just cop out and take the easy/cheap option and just use the home clubs feed?

I know that the option that a lot of clubs use ie BBC local radio isn't one that's open to them as unlike other stations like BBC Cumbria and Carlisle/Barrow they don't cover and have a commentator and summariser at every match due to the number of clubs that they cover.

Whats happened to Dan is he not connected to the club anymore and just works full time at BBC Lancs now ? and just does the games they send him to do.
Maybe Mark could give us his take both on this as well as the wrong side commentary issue in the other post [ even tho I know that's not an issue at Stanley ]
Old 01-01-2023, 03:33   #264

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckworth View Post
Just out of interest was it the Beyond Radio lot doing the commentating or have they switched back to the two lads who used to do it ?

If they have then they are an acquired taste, a lot of people took the mick out of them for being crap but I used to think they were so bad and biased that you might have thought they were something Peter Kay had dreamt up for Radio Chorley.
Old 09-01-2023, 08:51   #265
God Member

Lincoln game in the cup is on for those who cannot make the trip

Tuesday night

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2023, 12:35   #266

Thanks Val. I keep checking the fishy for details of the FA Cup replay ticket details but nothing yet.......seems ages since I watched a live FA Cup game involving Stanley.
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2023, 14:49   #267
Super Moderator

The Cup game won't be on I Follow the FA have got the "rights" and sold them to ITV, BBC and numerous overseas broadcasters.

As per the other thread we can't announce the "interclub agreed date" until the FA announce the TV picks.

This then allows those not selected to go to the "agreed date"

Yes the club use BBC Lancs commentary but have no control over "buffering" /time delays
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2023, 16:17   #268

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
The Cup game won't be on I Follow the FA have got the "rights" and sold them to ITV, BBC and numerous overseas broadcasters.

As per the other thread we can't announce the "interclub agreed date" until the FA announce the TV picks.

This then allows those not selected to go to the "agreed date"

Yes the club use BBC Lancs commentary but have no control over "buffering" /time delays
Thanks Mr T........."I await the voodoo gods of FA Cup Broadcasting!"....It's a shame your not in charge of "buffering"...otherwise I'm certain you would make sure it never happens.....
Old 22-02-2023, 13:16   #269

For anyone unable to get to tonights semi-final against Bolton. Although its not on iFollow, you can buy a NOWTV (sky sports) 24 hour pass and watch the game, coverage starts at 7.30pm.

You can watch via a Smart TV, laptop, tablet etc.......may need to down load the NOW TV player APP.
Old 05-03-2023, 09:37   #270
God Member

Ipswich away on iFollow, for those who cannot make it

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..