View Single Post
Old 01-01-2023, 03:25   #262
NORTHERNSOUL

Re: iFollow and Stanley

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
...and getting left and right mixed up. Obviously, they couldn't adjust to comentating from the opposite side to the cameras!
Thats a problem that's come to the fore at a number of grounds this season caused I understand by ITV when they took over the coverage in the summer asking [or was it telling] a number of clubs to change the side of the ground from which they film the games [locally i believe both Blackburn and Blackpool did that] and although when a specific commentator [ quite often a club employee or contractor ] is used he can position himself on the same side as the cameras.

The problem occurs mainly when the club choose to use the local BBC radio station feed and the facilities [isdn lines etc ] for them to do that are usually in the traditional press box which may well be on the opposite side of the ground.

I understand the EFL and I follow are planning on taking steps to remedy the situation in the summer and the only solution i can see is that they fund the moving of the necessary facilities so the commentary always comes from the same sive of the ground as the video.
NORTHERNSOUL is offline   Reply With Quote