Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree38Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2023, 08:52   #16
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Lincoln City Post Match

our captain yesterday is PAST IT should NOT be in the team everyone knows why he is though.i dont mind getting beat but not without trying, which is what i saw yesterday.
Watchdog likes this.
Old 05-02-2023, 09:33   #17
Full Member+

Screaming out for someone like Harry Pell.

You can't sell the best players and expect Coleman to work miracles every season in the transfer market.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2023, 11:19   #18
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post

You can't sell the best players and expect Coleman to work miracles every season in the transfer market.

Spot on about Harry Pell. Not the most skilled, but plenty of passion and gave 110% every game.
Watchdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2023, 11:41   #19
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post

Is this ' the season too far ' for our Manager C ?..
The one where whatever he attempts to do tactically fails to produce results .?. The one where the players brought into the club are somehow just wrong for the team ?. The one where other Managers know exactly what to do to overcome his efforts with ease ?...
I just don't know. But his demeanour yesterday seemed to suggest to my ageing eyes and mind that this wasn't the fired-up and ultra competitive John Coleman we have seen over the years.
Of course my interpretation of the whole scenario is, and I hope it is !,
totally awry.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2023, 13:28   #20
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
Is this ' the season too far ' for our Manager C ?..
The one where whatever he attempts to do tactically fails to produce results .?. The one where the players brought into the club are somehow just wrong for the team ?. The one where other Managers know exactly what to do to overcome his efforts with ease ?...
I just don't know. But his demeanour yesterday seemed to suggest to my ageing eyes and mind that this wasn't the fired-up and ultra competitive John Coleman we have seen over the years.
Of course my interpretation of the whole scenario is, and I hope it is !,
totally awry.
I don't know whether it is or it ain't one thing is you can't change history he,s the most successful manager in Stanley's history no argument but nothing lasts forever unfortunately but what I don't get or even like the very mention of him being replaced or moved upstairs or retirement just isn't allowed to be said or thought of in some supporters mind set which to be honest I just can't get my head around not even Alex Ferguson went on forever.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2023, 15:13   #21

When both our clubs face teams where home gates for the opposition can bring in £1/2 million gate money per home game. is it any wonder that both of our teams are punching well above their weight especially when certain clubs are paying circa £1million for one player...with wages of over £7500 per week per player.
MikeA likes this.
Christies Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2023, 15:47   #22
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christies Child View Post
When both our clubs face teams where home gates for the opposition can bring in £1/2 million gate money per home game. is it any wonder that both of our teams are punching well above their weight especially when certain clubs are paying circa £1million for one player...with wages of over £7500 per week per player.
So who is the certain club that is paying £1m for one player with wages of OVER £7,500 per player... only asking!
Old 05-02-2023, 17:31   #23
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

some managers get to the end of the road, in other words took them as far as they can. is ours one ? i honestly wonder.
Old 05-02-2023, 20:29   #24

In the past, I have criticised our manager & his tactics on many occasions.
However, before piling in to lay the blame for our current predicament solely at his door, I'm going to jump to his defence.
Consider the following words;

"I don't like waiting for the last day but I was kept waiting on quite a few players which didn't materialise.
I got let down for a couple of permanents on Monday and got let down on another permanent on Tuesday and four loans"

In a couple of sentences, John Coleman sums up Stanley's predicament.
Three permanent signings & four possible loans - all declined. Why?
For some yes, money would be a deciding factor. But I'm certain that for most, it would be based purely on selfish ambition.
After all, it takes either guts or desperation to join the crew of a sinking ship.
We are faced with the perfect storm, a combination of crippling injuries & the loss of key players. Now is the time for unity not division.
And if the storm sinks us, let's all go down together with dignity.
In the words of Delia Smith 'We need a 12th man. Where are you? Let’s be having you'
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2023, 07:41   #25
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchdog View Post
So who is the certain club that is paying £1m for one player with wages of OVER £7,500 per player... only asking!
Likely to be Ipswich and Sheff Weds.

We know what wages Kaydon and Janoi were promised prior to the new owners coming.

What Josh Windass has been promised should Sheff Weds get promoted back to the Champ is frightening.
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2023, 07:59   #26
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
Likely to be Ipswich and Sheff Weds.

We know what wages Kaydon and Janoi were promised prior to the new owners coming.

What Josh Windass has been promised should Sheff Weds get promoted back to the Champ is frightening.

Thank you Mr T
Old 06-02-2023, 08:31   #27
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip View Post
In the past, I have criticised our manager & his tactics on many occasions.
However, before piling in to lay the blame for our current predicament solely at his door, I'm going to jump to his defence.
Consider the following words;

"I don't like waiting for the last day but I was kept waiting on quite a few players which didn't materialise.
I got let down for a couple of permanents on Monday and got let down on another permanent on Tuesday and four loans"

In a couple of sentences, John Coleman sums up Stanley's predicament.
Three permanent signings & four possible loans - all declined. Why?
For some yes, money would be a deciding factor. But I'm certain that for most, it would be based purely on selfish ambition.
After all, it takes either guts or desperation to join the crew of a sinking ship.
We are faced with the perfect storm, a combination of crippling injuries & the loss of key players. Now is the time for unity not division.
And if the storm sinks us, let's all go down together with dignity.
In the words of Delia Smith 'We need a 12th man. Where are you? Let’s be having you'
Keith Curle managed to bring 11 players into Hartlepool during the January window and they are struggling at the bottom of league 2 sometimes players actually sign for the manager involved not just the money or league position example Alan Shearer would never have signed for Don Mackay but Dalglish!
Watchdog likes this.
Old 06-02-2023, 09:15   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Keith Curle managed to bring 11 players into Hartlepool during the January window and they are struggling at the bottom of league 2 sometimes players actually sign for the manager involved not just the money or league position example Alan Shearer would never have signed for Don Mackay but Dalglish!
Perfectly true.
But are you implying no one has any respect for John Coleman?
Or is it our reputation for having the poorest gates & one of the lowest budgets in the EFL that influence a players/agents decision?
When the going gets tough everyone screams for the managers head.
Just saying the guy's doing his best under incredibly difficult circumstances.
If we win the next 3 games he'll be hailed as a football genius again.
That's football.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2023, 09:21   #29
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip View Post
Perfectly true.
But are you implying no one has any respect for John Coleman?
Or is it our reputation for having the poorest gates & one of the lowest budgets in the EFL that influence a players/agents decision?
When the going gets tough everyone screams for the managers head.
Just saying the guy's doing his best under incredibly difficult circumstances.
If we win the next 3 games he'll be hailed as a football genius again.
That's football.
Absolutely correct wasn't calling or implying anything it's just an observation and we will never find out who these players were one thing that is pretty certain is they won't have been lower non league players jumping at the chance for a league move.
Old 06-02-2023, 17:55   #30

At least we don't have Keith Curle as manager.
See things could be worse.
Lord Stiffupperlip likes this.
Inspector Morse is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..