Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree93Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2024, 19:03   #31
God Member

Re: Coleman and Bell sacked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mundo View Post
Wow - you're one of the reasons this forum is t what it used to be….
This from someone making 4 posts in 14 years?
cashman, yonmon and pifco like this.
Exile on Spencer St is online now   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-03-2024, 19:11   #32
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Exile, it is neither a joke, nor rubbish.........
Correct me if misread, but you suggested a fan has put more money into Stanley than Andy Holt?
So, let’s just take Coley’s and Club 1968 Building which, I believe, cost £2Million.

Let’s assume it costs a fan £20 a game (much less for a season ticket holder) and they watch 50 games a season.

To match AH’s investment in that one building would require that fan to attend every home match for 2,000 seasons!

Yeah, you’re right. It’s not a joke.
Old 03-03-2024, 19:19   #33
God Member

Exile, I am sorry, I am not right

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2024, 20:04   #34
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
This from someone making 4 posts in 14 years?
Oh my apologies,didnt realise that 40 years on the match didn't qualify for an opinion. Like I said, there a reason this forum isn't what it used to be - but thanks for confirming it

Sent from my SM-S901B using Tapatalk
AccyMad, KiTChener and VALAIRIAN like this.
Mundo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2024, 20:47   #35
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mundo View Post
Oh my apologies,didnt realise that 40 years on the match didn't qualify for an opinion….
No need to apologise, no one’s denying you your opinion.
But your slagging off someone else who’s made 50,000+ posts, because you don’t seem to like their opinion, and accusing them of “ruining” the Accyweb is what I find amusing.
Old 03-03-2024, 21:33   #36
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Exile, it is neither a joke, nor rubbish.........

Many a true word spoken in jest.

He has put the club in a lot of debt to 0404, and when the club was making money due to player sales money was taken out.

He wore a protest scarf about his club owners, the Glazers, but he is similar.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2024, 11:03   #37
Senior Member+

There's now an update from David Burgess on the official site:
https://www.accringtonstanley.co.uk/...9qH49xS09WCSQw
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2024, 11:39   #38
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
There's now an update from David Burgess on the official site:
https://www.accringtonstanley.co.uk/...9qH49xS09WCSQw
Half hearted attempt at damage limitation - in other words, too little too late
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2024, 11:49   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Half hearted attempt at damage limitation - in other words, too little too late
It is possible that the sackings took place overnight on Saturday or early on Sunday following conversations between Andy and John/Jimmy. Stanley certainly don't have the luxury of a 24/7 Media/Publicity department.

I think the wording is good. Not sure what you expect in this situation?
Exile on Spencer St and pifco like this.
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2024, 12:44   #40
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Grounder View Post
It is possible that the sackings took place overnight on Saturday or early on Sunday following conversations between Andy and John/Jimmy. Stanley certainly don't have the luxury of a 24/7 Media/Publicity department.

I think the wording is good. Not sure what you expect in this situation?
I don't think a bit of professionalism in the first place would have been asking too much tbh but maybe I expected too much
yonmon likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2024, 13:01   #41
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
I don't think a bit of professionalism in the first place would have been asking too much tbh but maybe I expected too much

The Sunday announcement was brief to the point of being curt, and damned them with faint (or no) praise

Today’s piece gives credit where it is/was undoubtedly due

The last couple of years haven’t been good, but many of the earlier years were.

mab likes this.
Div3North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2024, 13:29   #42
Senior Member+

Personally to separate the formal decision to sack from the acknowledgment of their services was absolutely right.
How can you sack someone and in the same breath say how great they've been ?
Good move to get the official announcement out let the dust settle then acknowledge services past.
Clearly there's things been going on - some we are privy to what with BBC Lancs Andy putting the club up for sale and much we are not.
Meant in an affectionate way - we have two stubborn characters locking horns and there really wasn't a way back unless we were 4th and pushing for promotion.
Which then leads to timing.
Someone has pressed the go button when I guess the feeling of most would have been to see the season out.
Everyone will have an opinion on that so best for fans to take stock and recognise there's never going to be mass agreement on ifs but whys wherefores etc.

Last edited by Twenty Eight; 04-03-2024 at 13:33. Reason: spelling
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2024, 13:49   #43
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Div3North View Post
The Sunday announcement was brief to the point of being curt, and damned them with faint (or no) praise

Today’s piece gives credit where it is/was undoubtedly due

The last couple of years haven’t been good, but many of the earlier years were.

why has it not been good happen cos they have been sat on the wall for the last 2 seasons
Old 05-03-2024, 15:45   #44

IMHO Andy Holt has displayed the patience of a saint when it comes to our not so dearly departed management.
After last seasons fiasco, where what little budget we had was squandered on a bunch of over rated, injury prone wasters, resulting in relegation, I'm frankly surprised they were not given the boot immediately.
Even after the 'Back us or sack us!' debacle (attempted blackmail by any other name) AH still gave them the benefit of the doubt, perhaps due largely to their past record and in the hope that things may improve. Well they clearly have not.
After 35 games it's clear the club are going nowhere fast. Knocked out of both major cup ties in the first round & having taken only 5 points from the last 21 available, we've won only 3 games the whole of this year.
After Andy Holt invested millions of his own money simply because he wanted to put something back into the community, helping to turn a near bankrupt tin-pot club into one that fans could be proud of, I'm glad he bit the bullet.
Coleman & Bell have been simply going through the motions for the past two seasons.
Poor recruitment, an all too predictable never changing game-plan combined with an inability to change tactics have got us where we are today .
When you deprive fans of hope - the only thing we have, it's time for change.
There's only one football genius at Stanley and his name is Andy Holt.
I say good riddance!
Lord Stiffupperlip is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2024, 16:50   #45
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip View Post
IMHO Andy Holt has displayed the patience of a saint when it comes to our not so dearly departed management.
After last seasons fiasco, where what little budget we had was squandered on a bunch of over rated, injury prone wasters, resulting in relegation, I'm frankly surprised they were not given the boot immediately.
Even after the 'Back us or sack us!' debacle (attempted blackmail by any other name) AH still gave them the benefit of the doubt, perhaps due largely to their past record and in the hope that things may improve. Well they clearly have not.
After 35 games it's clear the club are going nowhere fast. Knocked out of both major cup ties in the first round & having taken only 5 points from the last 21 available, we've won only 3 games the whole of this year.
After Andy Holt invested millions of his own money simply because he wanted to put something back into the community, helping to turn a near bankrupt tin-pot club into one that fans could be proud of, I'm glad he bit the bullet.
Coleman & Bell have been simply going through the motions for the past two seasons.
Poor recruitment, an all too predictable never changing game-plan combined with an inability to change tactics have got us where we are today .
When you deprive fans of hope - the only thing we have, it's time for change.
There's only one football genius at Stanley and his name is Andy Holt.
I say good riddance!
Absolutely spot on, well said that man.
yonmon likes this.
Watchdog is online now   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..