View Single Post
Old 05-03-2024, 15:45   #44
Lord Stiffupperlip

Re: Coleman and Bell sacked

IMHO Andy Holt has displayed the patience of a saint when it comes to our not so dearly departed management.
After last seasons fiasco, where what little budget we had was squandered on a bunch of over rated, injury prone wasters, resulting in relegation, I'm frankly surprised they were not given the boot immediately.
Even after the 'Back us or sack us!' debacle (attempted blackmail by any other name) AH still gave them the benefit of the doubt, perhaps due largely to their past record and in the hope that things may improve. Well they clearly have not.
After 35 games it's clear the club are going nowhere fast. Knocked out of both major cup ties in the first round & having taken only 5 points from the last 21 available, we've won only 3 games the whole of this year.
After Andy Holt invested millions of his own money simply because he wanted to put something back into the community, helping to turn a near bankrupt tin-pot club into one that fans could be proud of, I'm glad he bit the bullet.
Coleman & Bell have been simply going through the motions for the past two seasons.
Poor recruitment, an all too predictable never changing game-plan combined with an inability to change tactics have got us where we are today .
When you deprive fans of hope - the only thing we have, it's time for change.
There's only one football genius at Stanley and his name is Andy Holt.
I say good riddance!
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote