Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Community Talk > Oswaldtwistle
Donate! Join Today

Oswaldtwistle If your from ossy, feel free to hang around in here!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-09-2012, 14:05   #1

Stonebridge lane waterfall

Anyone walked past the waterfall at stonebridge lane recently.I went past the other morning, the whole path at the side has more or less been washed into the brook, itl be cut off before long.
Rob249 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-09-2012, 21:40   #2

Re: Stonebridge lane waterfall

I report this from time to time to Engineers' Dept. at Hyndburn Borough Council and they in turn report to the Environment Agency. I'll go and have a look and let them know of your concerns.
Judith Addison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2012, 22:34   #3
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Who is responsible for repairing the damage Judith?
I know the nettles that had overgrown the path have been cut down in the last week or so.
Old 19-09-2012, 08:38   #4
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Who is responsible for repairing the damage Judith?
I know the nettles that had overgrown the path have been cut down in the last week or so.
Nearly sure its the Environments agency Neil, don't think its HBC, unless things have changed
Old 19-09-2012, 09:04   #5
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Nearly sure its the Environments agency Neil, don't think its HBC, unless things have changed
Its so confusing as to who is responsible for what.
Old 19-09-2012, 09:55   #6
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Its so confusing as to who is responsible for what.
I know when Sandra first got on the council back in 88 nearly sure it was the Rivers Authority who had responsibility Neil, but I think that's changed, but I don't think its HBC
Old 19-09-2012, 15:45   #7

Spoke to Enviroment agency earlier today and it is up to the council to fix it according to what they told me, hence the reason why nothing has been done.
Old 19-09-2012, 17:29   #8
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob249 View Post
Spoke to Enviroment agency earlier today and it is up to the council to fix it according to what they told me, hence the reason why nothing has been done.
Which one County or local?
Old 20-09-2012, 13:02   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Which one County or local?
Im not sure they didn't say whether it was county or local, they just said they would be sending someone to have a look at it.
Old 27-09-2012, 11:37   #10

I have had the following reply regarding the river banking from an engineer at Hyndburn Borough Council -

"The Environment Agency have approved my proposal to repair the river bank next to the weir. The project has now been sent out to contractors to submit a Tender. Tenders are due back on Fri 12th October so work should start on site early November."

Re the general untidy condition of the site - a resident of Mallard Place complained a number of weeks ago and brought photos of the site when first developed in 1985 to the Area Council office. Hyndburn Borough Council Parks Department have no resources to restore the site to its original condition. They suggested I contact Community Payback. One of their officers, based at Burnley, met me on site two or three weeks ago but she deemed the site unsuitable for their teams to work on from a health and safety point of view, due to the danger presented to unqualified workers by the brook. At the time the water level was high and fast-flowing due to all the recent rain. Is there any funding you could access, Neil?
Judith Addison is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..