Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Accrington Hall Of Fame
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Hall Of Fame What is Accrington famous for? If there is anything you know, please let us know in here.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-09-2004, 01:48   #1

Mick Duxbury (ex Man Utd)

Does anybody else remember Mick. I first played football in the same team as him for the Sacred Heart Church, the one that`s just been pulled down, aged about 10 or 11. He used to live on Russia St. I also used to be one of the DJ`s upstairs in the function room inside the church too!! Does any one remember going there on friday nights?
micron is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-09-2004, 20:54   #2
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!
Re: Mick Duxbury (ex Man Utd)

Has nobody told you not to make posts in the "Hall of Fame" about anything football related. We had a thread about Mike Duxbury and Brett Omerod, to some members they are famous Accrington people, even the thread about Accrington Stanley has disappeared which I find most insulting. The moderator of the "Hall of Fame" has quietly removed these threads and it has been noticed.
So before anyone posts in this section of the forum remember NO FOOTBALL or it will be deleted.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2004, 21:52   #3

Bagpuss there is more than one moderator in here belive it or not!!!.
If things where moved i'm sure it was for a reason!!!!!

This member is simply trying to make a new thread and keep conversation up, which believe it or not is what a forum is for!! so please dont show new posters how to ruin a thread!!!

People work for money!
If you want loyalty, get a dog!!!
WINGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2004, 22:23   #4
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Ok Wingy point taken but I was quite annoyed that in the threads in question that anything to do with football was thought by some should not appear in the hall of fame.
Micron I have distant memories of a disco upstairs in the function room but I was very young, probably the first disco I went to.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2004, 07:03   #5

Mike Duxbury once came to our next door neighbours bonfire when I was a kid. He was your all-round average nice guy from what I remember - this was in the days when top class footballers weren't paid astronomical wages and didn't have an overinflated opinion of their worth to society.
Old 18-09-2004, 00:52   #6
Senior Member+

Mike DuxburyCaps:
10 Date of Birth:
01.09.1959 Birthplace:
Accrington Goals:
0 Senior Debut:
16.11.1983 Video/Audio:
Current Club:
No longer playing Clubs:
Lancashire Schoolboy Football, Manchester United. Information:
Position: Right-back
Debut V Luxembourg

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2004, 13:28   #7

Whilst a United and England player Mick Duxbury lived in Campion Drive Helmshore,he was a quiet pleasant unassuming lad who was always glad to share a joke about the last games result or his performance.Certainly a pleasant change from the prima donnas of today!
Lampman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2005, 13:43   #8

Hi,

I am working with him now. I will ask him tomorrow.

Regards
Darren
chenguoxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2005, 21:14   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chenguoxian
Hi,

I am working with him now. I will ask him tomorrow.

Regards
Darren
he used to come in the plough occasionally on sunday nights for my disco many years ago, does that make me famous?
Old 31-10-2005, 23:34   #10

I wouldn't know really. I would have to ask him but he is quite embarassed by people still recognising him in the streets..... hhahahahaha softie....
Old 02-11-2005, 13:25   #11
Junior Member+

He fell out of the ugly tree though didn't he.
straycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 15:55   #12
Senior Member+

i play cricket with mix duxbury and his two lads for ossy imanuel
MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 19:36   #13

Yeah, 1 of his sons, Ryan, is out here with us coaching.
Old 09-03-2009, 23:59   #14

used to live next door but one to me on stanley street ossy while his house was being done up, nice chap used to play cricket up emmanual

i remember seeing him and his lad go out one sunday morning and when i put masters fotty on sky he was playing for utd
Old 10-03-2009, 09:37   #15
Resting in Peace

In his playing days, he used to come in the 147 snooker club Rising Bridge, quite often came in with other United players, Arnold Murran was a regular visitor too, nice quiet lad easy to get on with, not sure but think he still lives in Ossy

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..