Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Accrington Hall Of Fame
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Hall Of Fame What is Accrington famous for? If there is anything you know, please let us know in here.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2009, 10:04   #16

Re: Mick Duxbury (ex Man Utd)

Yes ,he was a quiet unassuming kind of lad,used to walk his dog past our house.The dog a Labradour(I think) used to pause on our driveway for a toilet break.
I had great plans to sell the resulting spoil to Stretford enders.Alas Mike moved away.
Such is my fickle claim to fame!
Lampman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-03-2009, 16:03   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by micron View Post
Does anybody else remember Mick. I first played football in the same team as him for the Sacred Heart Church, the one that`s just been pulled down, aged about 10 or 11. He used to live on Russia St. I also used to be one of the DJ`s upstairs in the function room inside the church too!! Does any one remember going there on friday nights?
I remember Mick Duxbury I also remember going to the Friday night disco in the function room at the church.
turkishdelight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 07:59   #18
God Member

He didn't use the fancy designer shops for his furniture either, I delivered his new suite from that non-glamourous shop that used to be on Blackburn Rd... Accrington Co-Op
Old 12-03-2009, 09:40   #19
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
He didn't use the fancy designer shops for his furniture either, I delivered his new suite from that non-glamourous shop that used to be on Blackburn Rd... Accrington Co-Op
Did he get Divvy, dave
Old 14-08-2009, 18:42   #20

I was at the Sacred Heart at the same time as Mick ,although he was older than me I was in the same class as Louise Duxbury . I think she may have been his sister Im not 100% sure.
Any one remember a french lad called Alfonso who was at Sacred Heart about the same time? Always amazed me there be a "foreigner" one that sounded foreign as well lol at the school.
accypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2009, 18:53   #21
God Member

Louise is Micks sister and he has an older sister Ann who is the same age as me
Old 14-08-2009, 21:48   #22

a nicer lad you could not wish to meet . quiet unassumig far removed from todays prima donna's so called.
nortype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2009, 11:42   #23

I wonder what his pay scale was in those days,as an England international you would think he was up there with the best,but who knows?
Lampman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2009, 23:16   #24

have a vague memory of mick.My mum knew mick duxburys mum.think they worked together ( maybe at rists wires?? ). it was the works kids xmas party was at burnley mecca and so the two mums stuck me and him together.we must have been very young because i recall them playing t rex who was at peak of the charts around them,so maybe the early 70's
spignific is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..