Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Community Talk > Church
Donate! Join Today

Church A place for the people who want to talk about the area of Church.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-08-2004, 09:51   #16

Re: New Estate

Why should it be called in Accy if it's actually in Church, either fully or in part. Why have boundaries if they are going to be ignored. I feel that Tea may have hit the nail on the head, when he implied that "Project Erection" (sounds nasty), may be the political "need" to call it in Accy!
Darby is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-08-2004, 12:41   #17
IMY

hi again, lettie i am sure that their only going to be one entrance and that the housing develpment on the old rist wires site is called spinners walk and the one in church is called spinners court !!! i do think that the development which is being build just off blackburn road should be addressed as CHURCH but i doubt it will as darby has just stated that their may be a need for it to be called part of accrington...
IMY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2004, 21:13   #18
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

Imy, this estate connects at both ends (I asked the builders) therefore it is one estate (similar to the one off Burnley Rd in Clayton, it has 2 entrances 2 names but there is a road connecting it and you can't tell where one estate meets the other) They do this a lot with these new estates and they move people in before displaying any street names. It makes my job hell trying to find addresses, especially in an emergency.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2004, 22:10   #19
IMY

Evening, ok it must be my mistake, i only said that as i did ask the area development manager who is running the development off blackburn rd and she told me that they are two totally different companies and that they do have nothing to do one another, as as well that they may building similar housing developments but are not connected as their types of houses are different and their prices for similar house are different, so i dont know which builders you did ask but it may be that the site on rist wires may have two entrances but am sure that the one off blackburn rd has only entrance and open exit which is the same. but if i am wrong please do tell me..
Old 17-08-2004, 22:27   #20
Filthy / Gorgeous

The 2 estates off Burnley Road Clayton are Barratt and Persimmon, both different companies, but when were completed, they connected them with a road with half Barratt and half Persimmon homes. This is where it gets confusing, as when we are looking for an address, sometimes even the home owner does not know which estate he/she belongs to. The builder I spoke to reckoned that when all the new homes are up and running, it will be a similar thing, and the estates will become merged and will appear to be one big one. I was only talking to him, as I happened to be in the area, and stuck at temporary lights. Whether this will actually happen or not is anybody's guess. I reckon it will, as these building companies will build right up to the borders of their land in order to squeeze as many houses as possible into the space. As the two estates would be in close proximity, a road would join them, in order to provide easier access for the residents, emergency services etc (as in Clayton) That's my theory.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
Old 17-08-2004, 22:36   #21
IMY

Interesting, i know what you are trying to say that the two companies are different development companies may join up in the end to make it easy for access and other reasons, having had a chat with the development manager they did not give any type of indication that their will be anothter entrance with the other company. I guess we will just have to wait and see what comes of it all, but my bet is that they will not join the two together, but you just dont know these days do you.......
Old 17-08-2004, 22:38   #22
Filthy / Gorgeous

Aye that's true, we'll have to wait and see. The companies will do whatever earns them the most money.

Old 17-08-2004, 22:50   #23
IMY

True true end of the day it is a business. but am sure am right though
Old 18-08-2004, 11:53   #24
IMY

Hi, i thought that this website address may help a little and tell you the actual plans for the new development site which is being build just off blackburn rd. As i did state their will only be one entrance and exit into this development, hope this will resolve the debate as to whether it be join up with the other new estate on rist wires. it does quite good on the plans in terms of how they have spread all the different types of houses all over the site and not just in one place.... any way have a good day

http://www.haslam-homes.co.uk/Haslam...2F50FE968296AD
Old 18-08-2004, 12:49   #25
God Member

I've just had a look at one of the houses, 'The Normanby'. They look horrible! like terraced houses cut into slices. Couldn't HBC get on our side for a change and lay down some minimum standards for new builds?
Old 18-08-2004, 16:39   #26
God Member

Are you sure this is not Hyndburn Borough Council's latest Tourist Initiative....

Imperial War Museum North (Manchester)
Tate North (Liverpool)
Royal Armouries North (Leeds)
Lego Land North (Church)

I've just had a quick look at some of these "Homes"...they really are appalling. It's the same tat thats springing up everywhere with no consideration whatsoever for local styles or for the use of local materials. Quite honestly, you could be anywhere in one of those things, although probably not "Canterbury", "Richmond" or "Ludlow" (If I was the good burghers of these towns I would seriously consider a civil action against this mob for bringing the fine name of their town into disrepute)

I am going to write a letter to Prince Charles as I believe he may be the only man in England who can bring a halt to this nonsense. Would anyone care to be a co-signatory?
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2004, 16:42   #27
I am Band

Yeah, go on then, Mr T, Sir. I'll join your gang as a co-conspiritor. Anything that gets Charlie Boy's mercury rising, I'm all for it!

Any ramblings, meanderings, thoughts or musings are mine and mine alone. Any opinions expressed are Lettie's!

Last edited by Sparkologist; 18-08-2004 at 16:45. Reason: The quality of my spelling & grammar is appalling today!
Sparkologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2004, 16:49   #28
Resting in Peace

YES you will sign it sparks then run off out of the country somewere like....china maybe ??
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2004, 16:58   #29
God Member

I'LL SIGN IT!
Old 18-08-2004, 17:01   #30
God Member

Cheers Guys.....I'll shortly put a draft up for additions & amendments....
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..