Thread: New Estate
View Single Post
Old 17-08-2004, 22:27   #20
lettie
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!
Re: New Estate

The 2 estates off Burnley Road Clayton are Barratt and Persimmon, both different companies, but when were completed, they connected them with a road with half Barratt and half Persimmon homes. This is where it gets confusing, as when we are looking for an address, sometimes even the home owner does not know which estate he/she belongs to. The builder I spoke to reckoned that when all the new homes are up and running, it will be a similar thing, and the estates will become merged and will appear to be one big one. I was only talking to him, as I happened to be in the area, and stuck at temporary lights. Whether this will actually happen or not is anybody's guess. I reckon it will, as these building companies will build right up to the borders of their land in order to squeeze as many houses as possible into the space. As the two estates would be in close proximity, a road would join them, in order to provide easier access for the residents, emergency services etc (as in Clayton) That's my theory.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote