Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk
Donate! Join Today

General Sport and Hobby Talk General chat about anything sport or hobby related.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Less

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-12-2012, 17:33   #1
Senior Member+

Darts

As a simple TV viewer of Darts, I would like to ask three simple questions.

1. What makes Darts so special as a sport that it deserves TWO seperate World Championships?

2. What, other than money, puts players in one World Championship rather than another.

3. Does the winner of one World Championship play the winner of the other World Championship for the title of 'Undisputed World Champion'?

And if not, why not?

It has to be one of the most farcical aspects of the Christmas/New Year TV viewing season, watching one world championship to a conclusion, then starting immediately on another.

gynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-12-2012, 17:58   #2
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Darts

Does this mean we have ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHTY hours of darts to watch over krimbo?
gynn likes this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2012, 18:01   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Probably its Special at Christmas Time cos its a Pish Head pastime? i say that as n ex darter in me youth.
Old 21-12-2012, 19:23   #4
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

For me they may as well be tranquillizer darts. Playing's one thing but watching, no thanks.
Old 05-01-2013, 08:15   #5
Senior Member+

As one Darts World Championship finishes, another starts.

The BBC has got this one, and did a major splash on it this morning on Breakfast TV.

Not once did they mention the other World Championship.

Complete, total and utter insult to our intelligence.

gynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 14:16   #6
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by gynn View Post
As one Darts World Championship finishes, another starts.

The BBC has got this one, and did a major splash on it this morning on Breakfast TV.

Not once did they mention the other World Championship.

Complete, total and utter insult to our intelligence.

Ya the one on the BBC is the poor mans world championship, all the big guns like the Power play in the real world championship
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 14:42   #7
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Which of these used to be known as the News Of The World Championship/Tournament/Exclusive?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 11:04   #8
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Which of these used to be known as the News Of The World Championship/Tournament/Exclusive?
Think its the one being shown at present Less, the other one won by Phil Taylor last week is the Professional World Championship
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..