Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk
Donate! Join Today

General Sport and Hobby Talk General chat about anything sport or hobby related.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-04-2013, 08:36   #1
Resting in Peace

Talking I've heard it all now

I've heard it all now, was watching a bit of golf this morning on Sky and there was an advert on for insuring golf equipment and personal insurance too. One thing that made me smile was you can now get insurance for scoring a "Hole In One" doubt if that would have affected me when I was playing
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-04-2013, 08:50   #2
God Member

Re: I've heard it all now

You can't have played often if you haven't heard of that insurance.

My 1st husband was a keen golfer and member of two clubs.
He had a 'single figure' handicap and won the captains prize at Gt Harwood once.

He spent time in the 19th hole, and the 20th hole too.
So I decided to leave. I was weary of polishing the silver.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2013, 09:02   #3
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
You can't have played often if you haven't heard of that insurance.

My 1st husband was a keen golfer and member of two clubs.
He had a 'single figure' handicap and won the captains prize at Gt Harwood once.

He spent time in the 19th hole, and the 20th hole too.
So I decided to leave. I was weary of polishing the silver.
Its 40 years since I played Margaret, and there weren't too many holes in one in those days a Greet Haworth, in fact if you found the green it was like a hole in one
Old 26-04-2013, 09:48   #4
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Its 40 years since I played Margaret, and there weren't too many holes in one in those days a Greet Haworth, in fact if you found the green it was like a hole in one
In my case John if I found the ball I was happy.
Old 26-04-2013, 09:52   #5
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
In my case John if I found the ball I was happy.
Ya it got expensive if you kept loosing black wrappers Gremlin
Old 26-04-2013, 11:18   #6
Senior Member+

Never bought the black wrappers John, just the standard cheap ones which I could afford to loose.
Todmorden gold club was up a big hill and very steep. If you went out of bounds it was a bus ride to go fetch your ball.
Old 26-04-2013, 17:17   #7
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
Never bought the black wrappers John, just the standard cheap ones which I could afford to loose.
Todmorden gold club was up a big hill and very steep. If you went out of bounds it was a bus ride to go fetch your ball.
Bacup weren't or cleaver either in that department
Old 26-04-2013, 17:21   #8
Resting in Peace

I've heard it all, now I've seen it all, this morning a match at the snooker world championships at Sheffield was suspended while they watered the carpet round the table, I jest you not. It appears the Scottish player Graham Dott was picking up a static electric charge every time he touched the table, should have been a musician he have made a good conductor. When they resumed the problem had been solved, it appears its happened to him before, yet it didn't affect anybody else.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..