Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk
Donate! Join Today

General Sport and Hobby Talk General chat about anything sport or hobby related.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-02-2013, 09:43   #1
Resting in Peace

Oscar Pistorius

BBC News - Oscar Pistorius 'shoots girlfriend' - local media
Oscar Pistorius ( the blade runner) has apparently shot and killed is girlfriend in South Africa, it seems the police were on the scene quickly before he could have it away on his blades
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-02-2013, 10:05   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: Oscar Pistorius

Update he's been charged with murder
Old 14-02-2013, 11:09   #3
God Member

Looks like he hasn't a leg to stand on.

(someone had to say it)

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2013, 11:34   #4
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
Looks like he hasn't a leg to stand on.

(someone had to say it)
Not for the first time, MargaretR has been reading my thoughts. Maybe his girlfriend wouldn't let him have his leg over.
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2013, 12:17   #5
Senior Member+

The reports say he mistook her for an intruder.

He apparently slept with a baseball bat and cricket bat by the front door, a rifle next to his bed and a machine gun by the window.

So his girlfriend either had a death wish or wasn't the brightest pebble on the beach if she thought it was a good idea to creep up on him for Valentines Day!
gynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2013, 13:44   #6
I am Banned

How many times do we see that old chestnut of a defence?

" I was legless at the time your honour"
Eric likes this.
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2013, 17:24   #7
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by gynn View Post

He apparently slept with a baseball bat and cricket bat by the front door, a rifle next to his bed and a machine gun by the window.

So his girlfriend either had a death wish or wasn't the brightest pebble on the beach if she thought it was a good idea to creep up on him for Valentines Day!
It appears that the police were called to his house on a regular basis, which will tell the police a lot, they probably know the score
Old 14-02-2013, 17:34   #8
Senior Member+

Yes the police are now saying the 'intruder' story didn't come from them, and they'd been called there before.
Old 14-02-2013, 19:15   #9

Quote:

He was also know to carry a blade or two
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2013, 19:18   #10
God Member

After spending a few nights with him she got cold feet and wanted out.

Old 15-02-2013, 07:15   #11
Senior Member+

It now transpires that he shot her four times through a bathroom door.

So what's his defence now? That he thought the intruder had decided to take a shower?

Old 15-02-2013, 08:31   #12
Senior Member+

Many times did Oscar jumped the gun. Yesterday
he gunned his jump.
jaysay and maxthecollie like this.
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2013, 17:16   #13
God Member

Quote:

A machine gun, eh. That's a bit much. But I do remember living in a part of town at a time when "home invasions" were popular among certain of the miss-bred youth. I had the bat behind the door ... couldn't get a cricket bat; so, I made do with a good ol' Louisville Slugger. Oh, and a machete by the bed. Never had a rifle tho'. Always believed that a shotgun would be more effective Just point in the general direction of and pull the trigger. And then dial 911.

Thing is ... with a girlfriend like that, one should be able to come up with a better plan for a romantic evening than killing her.

By the way, I hear that homicide is a popular pastime in the Republic of South Africa. Nkosi Sikeleli Africa.

Last edited by Eric; 15-02-2013 at 17:19.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2013, 17:59   #14
God Member

When Hyndburn Homes removed the locks on the stairwell, I put an axe on the meter cupboard by my front door.

It's still there.

We live in dangerous times.

When people have nothing left to lose - they 'lose it'.
Eric likes this.

Old 15-02-2013, 18:43   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
When Hyndburn Homes removed the locks on the stairwell, I put an axe on the meter cupboard by my front door.

It's still there.

We live in dangerous times.

When people have nothing left to lose - they 'lose it'.
Ain't that the truth ... I don't have the bod I used to; so the sight of me running naked down the stairs would send home invaders into hysterics. However, the sight of me naked except for a fully loaded Remmington Wingmaster .... now that's a whole 'nother ball game Especially if they get to hear that delicious, well-oiled, beautifully-machined noise of a round being pumped in.

Surprisingly, I'm almost on topic with this shotgun motif. "Anything sport or hobby related". Maybe hunting ducks and upland game birds is not a sport, even tho' one gets lotsa exercise. But it sure is a hobby.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote

« Darts | Tony Gubba »

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..