Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk
Donate! Join Today

General Sport and Hobby Talk General chat about anything sport or hobby related.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-02-2013, 13:02   #16
I am Banned

Re: Oscar Pistorius

I have to admit when I saw it on the news "Legless sportsman shoots his girlfriend" I had some fears for Cheryl Gascoigne
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-02-2013, 23:24   #17

Sounds like O. J. Simpson all over again!
Judith Addison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2013, 08:50   #18
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judith Addison View Post
Sounds like O. J. Simpson all over again!
Ya Judith he conned his way out of that murder, but they got him later on and jailed him
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2013, 16:51   #19
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
A machine gun, eh. That's a bit much. But I do remember living in a part of town at a time when "home invasions" were popular among certain of the miss-bred youth. I had the bat behind the door ... couldn't get a cricket bat; so, I made do with a good ol' Louisville Slugger. Oh, and a machete by the bed. Never had a rifle tho'. Always believed that a shotgun would be more effective Just point in the general direction of and pull the trigger. And then dial 911.

Thing is ... with a girlfriend like that, one should be able to come up with a better plan for a romantic evening than killing her.

By the way, I hear that homicide is a popular pastime in the Republic of South Africa. Nkosi Sikeleli Africa.
Tfr eric nearly 19,000 murders last year a figure which is alarming to say the least , Uk had about 670
Old 22-02-2013, 13:48   #20
Senior Member+

Tuned in to Sky News at 12.30 to hear whether Pistorius was getting bail. It then took the magistrate two hours explaining his reasons for granting bail, which he could have done in two sentences.

1. The prosecution case isn't watertight.
2. Pistorius isn't a flight risk.
gynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2013, 17:26   #21
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by gynn View Post
Tuned in to Sky News at 12.30 to hear whether Pistorius was getting bail. It then took the magistrate two hours explaining his reasons for granting bail, which he could have done in two sentences.

1. The prosecution case isn't watertight.
They've got one hell of a legal system in South Africa
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2013, 18:07   #22
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Because his legs didn't get bail.
Old 22-02-2013, 18:19   #23
Resting In Peace

Quote:
It then took the magistrate two hours explaining his reasons for granting bail, which he could have done in two sentences.
But he can't do sentences. Not until he's been convicted.
Eric likes this.
Old 22-02-2013, 18:25   #24
Senior Member+

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
But he can't do sentences. Not until he's been convicted.
Listening to the magistrate I felt like I was serving a sentence. I kept holding on for his decision. I wish I hadn't bothered,guessed what it would be when he first savaged the police/ prosecution.

I'm betting he'll be found not guilty, even though the magistrate said his evidence didn't add up.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2013, 10:27   #25
Full Member+

The police have been to his house on many occasions but turns out it was always the same police man that turned up first and again this time . Now I think thats odd . He has been removed from this case as he could be facing a murder charge himself. Like you say O.J.Simpson all over again.
Greeny is offline   Reply With Quote

« Darts | Tony Gubba »

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..