Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Forum News > Feedback, Suggestions and help!
Donate! Join Today

Feedback, Suggestions and help! Do you need any help with the forum? Do you like what you see? Do you want more sections? Any ideas to improve the forum welcome. Any problems please report here as well.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2007, 11:39   #16

Re: karma ??????????????????//

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
You have a choice, get used to the karma situation as it is, that is how the owner of the site likes it. Or take your imaginary 'free speech' somewhere else.

Get over it and grow up it means nothing.
if it means nothing why have it?
Accrington Web
Old 03-08-2007, 11:48   #17
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: karma ??????????????????//

Quote:
Originally Posted by davo69 View Post
if it means nothing why have it?
cos its a bit of fun, a laugh, unless yer a miserable git.
Old 03-08-2007, 13:21   #18

Re: karma.. how do u

im starting to understand.
so i cant send karma until i receive karma
Old 03-08-2007, 13:30   #19

how much karma can u send
Old 03-08-2007, 13:41   #20
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathleen_firth View Post
how much karma can u send
you dont send an amount kathleen, they get half of your total power i think.
Old 03-08-2007, 14:10   #21
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathleen_firth View Post
im starting to understand.
so i cant send karma until i receive karma
Before you can give karma you have to have posted on site at least 100 times, anything you attempt to give before that doesn't count and is shown against the persons name as a little blue square.

Once you have posted 100 times you can give give karma,but you will be limited as to how much you can give by the amount of power you have, the higher your karma goes (by posting useful or entertaining comments), then as your post count goes up, the greater the amount of karma you can give or take.

However you have to spread your karma around, if 'x' gives or takes from 'y' and attempts to try again before having spread karma to another 10 members then he/she will not be allowed to.

As for Royboys suggestion of inter-family karma not being allowed, I have given and received good and bad karma to members of my family (as and when they deserved whatever they got), but as with other members a person can only do it once every ten times, thus preventing any temptation to use nepotism for your own gains.

As has been suggested by rindy, if you want to find out more, take the trouble to search the archives for a topic it's surprising what has already been written about 'everything', that is what the archives are for.

You might even find the post from one member that wanted the owner of accyweb removed because he is cruel enough to like karma! Yet rather than being banned this person is still allowed to post on a regular basis,

How's that for free speech?

P.S. for anyone wishing to see accyweb continue, the bills have to be paid every month so rather than come on moaning and trying to change accyweb to the way you want it, why not learn a bit of history of the site and also take advantage of 'donating' to the site through your 'my profile' button?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg DONATE.jpg (8.8 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by Len; 09-12-2007 at 21:06.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 14:31   #22
God Member

Quote:
How's that for free speech?
Looks like your cage has been rattled.....When I think the time is right to donate I will do so.........Wanabee managers are always difficult to deal with.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 14:37   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
Looks like your cage has been rattled.....When I think the time is right to donate I will do so.........Wanabee managers are always difficult to deal with.
So are idiots that just come on here for their own ends, so, you are prepared to use the site as a free advertising space for your tin badges and key fobs, but you are not prepared to contribute to it's upkeep, now that is what I call a hypocrite!

You come on upset people, then get upset yourself because someone takes your karma, if you knew this site you would bow your head in shame you don't deserve a free passage through life, learn to contribute usefully to the site or shut your gob!
Old 03-08-2007, 14:54   #24
God Member

Quote:
So are idiots that just come on here for their own ends, so, you are prepared to use the site as a free advertising space for your tin badges and key fobs, but you are not prepared to contribute to it's upkeep, now that is what I call a hypocrite!

You come on upset people, then get upset yourself because someone takes your karma, if you knew this site you would bow your head in shame you don't deserve a free passage through life, learn to contribute usefully to the site or shut your gob!
Idiot and hypocrite?.......I salute you with my two raised digits.
I will still contribute when the time is right.
As for a free passage in life.......You will never know sunshine.

Old 03-08-2007, 15:28   #25
Resting in Peace

Right can we please calm down just a bit
Royboy39 a lot of members do donate to the site as it costs Roy quite a bit to keep the site running as he does not make anything himself off the site and has the servers and sofware updates to buy.
but it might be an idea if you could do some "accyweb" badges / keyrings instead and donate them for prizes ect just a thought.

and less please take it easy and calm down too.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 15:35   #26
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick View Post
Right can we please calm down just a bit
Royboy39 a lot of members do donate to the site as it costs Roy quite a bit to keep the site running as he does not make anything himself off the site and has the servers and sofware updates to buy.
but it might be an idea if you could do some "accyweb" badges / keyrings instead and donate them for prizes ect just a thought.

I will do that Mick just give me a rough drawing and I will do the artwork.
I can't put them in manufacture for about three weeks as the factory is closed down for holidays...........Roy.
Please keep it to pin badges at the moment or presentation medals.

Old 03-08-2007, 15:41   #27
Resting in Peace

Thankyou Royboy39 will talk through PM with you not on site
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 15:42   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick View Post

Yes Mick will do, I remain your humble servant!
Old 03-08-2007, 17:53   #29
God Member

Quote:
Yes Mick will do, I remain your humble servant!
Crikey Less think I will print your quote and frame it as I don't think we will ever catch you saying that again...especially after being told off

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..