Old 03-08-2007, 14:10   #21
Less
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: karma.. how do u

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathleen_firth View Post
im starting to understand.
so i cant send karma until i receive karma
Before you can give karma you have to have posted on site at least 100 times, anything you attempt to give before that doesn't count and is shown against the persons name as a little blue square.

Once you have posted 100 times you can give give karma,but you will be limited as to how much you can give by the amount of power you have, the higher your karma goes (by posting useful or entertaining comments), then as your post count goes up, the greater the amount of karma you can give or take.

However you have to spread your karma around, if 'x' gives or takes from 'y' and attempts to try again before having spread karma to another 10 members then he/she will not be allowed to.

As for Royboys suggestion of inter-family karma not being allowed, I have given and received good and bad karma to members of my family (as and when they deserved whatever they got), but as with other members a person can only do it once every ten times, thus preventing any temptation to use nepotism for your own gains.

As has been suggested by rindy, if you want to find out more, take the trouble to search the archives for a topic it's surprising what has already been written about 'everything', that is what the archives are for.

You might even find the post from one member that wanted the owner of accyweb removed because he is cruel enough to like karma! Yet rather than being banned this person is still allowed to post on a regular basis,

How's that for free speech?

P.S. for anyone wishing to see accyweb continue, the bills have to be paid every month so rather than come on moaning and trying to change accyweb to the way you want it, why not learn a bit of history of the site and also take advantage of 'donating' to the site through your 'my profile' button?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg DONATE.jpg (8.8 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by Len; 09-12-2007 at 21:06.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote