Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/)
-   -   Observer obituaries (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/observer-obituaries-65931.html)

Alan Gilmartin 26-03-2014 23:58

Observer obituaries

Every time I try to get Observer obituaries Accrington only, I get the whole of Manchester, I don't want to scroll through all of them, any tips please.

ossy kid 27-03-2014 02:29

Re: Observer obituaries

Same problem Alan. I e-mailed the Observer and was told that I could put the name in and it would bring the person up?? They didn't understand that when you live abroad you are looking through the obits to see if you recognise anyone. Didn,t make any difference, there is no way to bring up just the local obits. Maybe you should try, give them a blast?

Neil 27-03-2014 02:40

Maybe when it eventually goes to pay online they will spend the time to sort it out

Alan Gilmartin 27-03-2014 06:22

I don't have any problem with the Telegraph or the Clitheroe Advertiser,

maxthecollie 27-03-2014 06:52

The Accy Observer is more Greater Manchester orientated now since it is printed there. A lot of the adverts in the paper are from Greater Manchester.

davidf 27-03-2014 13:34

I'm another Accy Lad who lives elsewhere, and this continually annoys me because I, too, want to browse to see if I recognise anyone from the past.

sm_counsell 27-03-2014 19:59

I got the following reply last June

10 giugno 2013
Accrington Observer
10/06/2013 17:04
Accrington Observer
Hi Susan,
Have you been using this link? Accrington Observer - News, sports, weather and events for in and around Accrington
We're part of the same company as the Manchester Evening News, and our family notices team do the notices across Greater Manchester as well as Accrington.
If this link doesn't work I will drop the team an email and see if there's a way of seeing just Accrington results. We run a full page of obituaries and notices in the Observer every week, so it may be the case that they don't go online any more. I will find out for you.
Thanks, best wishes

I didn't hear anymore so
I just type in Accrington where it says 'name'. Unfortunately you still have to read through a lot of old notices.
Have you tried complaining on the FB page. If all of us moan, perhaps they might do something

sm_counsell 27-03-2014 20:21

Alan, have you tried the Lancashire Evening Telegraph, you need to register but it's easier than Accy obs

Alan Gilmartin 27-03-2014 21:26

Yea Susan, Telegraph's fine, really sorry, must get around to email you,

Alan Gilmartin 27-03-2014 21:30

Susan, check obits in Telegraph on Allan Cookson, he's your second cousin, my dads sisters son.

Aussie Irene 27-03-2014 23:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan Gilmartin (Post 1099879)
Every time I try to get Observer obituaries Accrington only, I get the whole of Manchester, I don't want to scroll through all of them, any tips please.

Alan, coming from Clayton you may know people in the following link.
Go to obituaries.

champfunerals.com

ossy kid 28-03-2014 03:00

Susan you're a star. Check it out Alan, as Susan said print Accrington in the name space and you get just the Accy obits. I'll buy you a drink next time I see you Susan.

Neil 28-03-2014 09:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan Gilmartin (Post 1099889)
I don't have any problem with the Telegraph or the Clitheroe Advertiser,

You will eventually as they all go subscription only

Alan Gilmartin 28-03-2014 21:25

Yea that worked a treat, now Im happy.

Karateman 28-03-2014 22:46

Anyone feel guilty like me for being disappointed when you dont know anyone in the Obituary column......I always seem to hope that I will know someone....doh!