Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2003, 13:27   #16
Junior Member+

Post Re: accy'sinCanada

[quote author=Mik_Dickinson link=board=qanda;num=1060287784;start=0#11 date=09/06/03 at 09:08:32]Good for you littlemo.I will admit it is not easy for a woman to move so far away from the homeland.It is of course a little bit easier when the language is the same.Amanda, the wife, made a good transition here but she was one of the lucky ones.The majority of the women who come over to Germany suffer from homesickness raelly bad at one point or another[/quote]

Patronising git!
flopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-09-2003, 13:52   #17
I am Banned

Quote:
Not referring to the physical strength at all.A lot of it si  emotional as women like to have their families around them especially their children
I love having my family around me. especialy my children. Everyone knows in my house my favaroute piece of furniture is the massive kitchen table and the best time of the week is after Sunday lunch when the whole family sits and has a chin wag. You really can't get better than having your family round you.

I am a bloke..I must be wierd eh
HarryX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2003, 13:58   #18
Junior Member+

Cheers Harryx -  8) 8)
should be a lot more like you around!
flopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2003, 14:00   #19
Resting in Peace

your not wierd harry i love having the grandchildren over
its good to have a family that cares ;D
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2003, 14:15   #20

having left England many years ago, I do not find the comment patronising, I do know what he is on about and yes it is easier if it's an english speaking country. From this end, its more the women that go through homesickness than the men, although for us it was my husband that wanted to return to England, which we did, but then it was him that wanted to come back here after a while!!
littlemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2003, 14:33   #21
I am Banned

So your saying it is women who will get homesick more so than men and its women who want there family around them more than men.. then in the same paragraph say it was your husband who wanted to come back first.

Confused?  i am
HarryX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2003, 14:49   #22

generally speaking over here it is the women all I was saying was that in our case, we where the exception!!!! as there always is an exception to everything!!!!
littlemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 23:40   #23
jas
Junior Member+

Re: accy'sinCanada

hi from Cambridge, Ont. came over in 1970.

Jas
jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 22:52   #24
jas
Junior Member+

Cambridge Ont is where I am. Jas
jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 07:27   #25
Senior Member+

We could debate about it Cazzer when you have actually done it.I am only making observations on personal experience.As to my condenscending attitude to women, I do believe that to be your own opinion.Then again everybody is entitled to one as i have humbly mentioned before
Old 06-02-2005, 07:32   #26
Senior Member+

Thank you little mo.My mother was the one that wanted to return to England after living in Germany.My sister also went through the same thing.I do believe myself however that women are stronger emotionally and mentally stronger than men.I am not just saying this to satisfy certain members of this forum however but it is my belief
Old 07-02-2005, 11:07   #27
Senior Member+

My uncle lives in Cambridge, Ontario

I visited last summer had a cracking time!.......
Smiffy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 11:38   #28

I have known Mik..most of my younger life and met up with him again as a adult in the last couple of years. I feel some of your comments about him was very rude and unfair..he has never come accross as patronising or condescending and I would have noticed if he was any of these things and being someone who speaks her mind I would have told him so and he knows that..he is a solid family man who loves his family and that was plain for me to see I have received pics from him where I could tell he was proud of his lovely wife Amanda and his two daughters sorry but you have this man wrong and as his oldest female friend I feel I have to fight in his corner..now with that said I am out of here..Linda
Pheonixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 12:52   #29
Resident Waffler

It's just too easy to misinterpret the written word isn't it? I think it has been said elsewhere that without the accompanying body language we don't always read things in the way they were intended when written.

Val are you still on here? The reason I ask is that I spent the first 4 years of my life in Hapton. My mother came from there. My Grandfather was Stanley Cook who was station master there. They lived in Castle Street at number 8. We lived in Wood St, number 4.

Some friends of my mother from Hapton, Ivy and Winnie Read, emmigrated to Canada with their parents donkeys years ago. They did come back when they retired but didn't like it here and went back to Canada again. I know Winnie passed away and I'm not really sure about Ivy as my mother died over 10 years ago.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 14:27   #30
Senior Member+

Well Linda you was never one to hold back eh?As you say we go back years.I can proudly say you were my first friend in Lancashire.When we met up it was like walking in the past.Will never forget you as will Amanda and the girls say.She was a nice lady

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..