Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By cashman

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2013, 17:53   #1

Advice needed for someone looking for first home.

Hi guy,

I'm am currently looking for just a cheap 1 bed apartment in Accrington as my first away from home living.

I just need some advice about water rates and how much they will cost so I can figure everything out money wise. I have figured that the water rates are dependent on the properties Council Tax Band but cant seem to find any info about how much they actually cost.

I was looking at a cheap flat on Blackburn Road the ones above where the Calder and other businesses are located. I have found out that all the properties in this area are Band A with 1 exception so I will presume the Band of this flat would be Band A.

Also unfortunately the Company I was working for went bust and am currently on Job Seekers (hopefully not for much longer -.- hate that job center, demoralizing just to walk in there) so I dont know how that will affect things either.

Last edited by Mick; 02-08-2013 at 06:08.
JonnyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-08-2013, 19:35   #2

Re: Advice needed for someone looking for first home.

I'd ring united utilities and ask them. Take a look at the forum for info about them flats, I recall there being some posts about them.
xavtia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:58   #3
God Member

how old are you Jonny?
Old 05-08-2013, 08:19   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
how old are you Jonny?
Sorry late response. I'm 20.
JonnyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 18:35   #5
Senior Member+

I wouldn't go anywhere near the flats above the Calder. Not so bad inside but quite isolated if you have very undesirable neighbours.
Restless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 19:22   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Best advice i can give yeh,is "Stop At Home" its much cheaper.
BERNADETTE and Restless like this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..