Accrington Web
   

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.


Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!



Like Tree23Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-06-2014, 16:14   #46
Bearded but Sober member

 
Restless's Avatar
 

Re: Re: Beards & Barbers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
I trim mine whenever it gets in the way of my drinking, I hate my moustaches supping more than I can, cut it whenever needed.
same here. haha. did that yesterday
__________________
Restless is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-06-2014, 17:03   #47
Senior Member
 
westendlass's Avatar
 

Re: Beards & Barbers?

I wonder why men grow beards when(most) women don't? I mean, you don't see female animals with bald faces. Cats and dogs are all the same and so are horses, cows etc. That's my moment of profound thought for the weekend. I'll leave it with you folks.
__________________
westendlass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2014, 19:54   #48
Full Member
 

Re: Beards & Barbers?

Then again why do male lions have thick luxurious manes but lioness's don't ?
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2014, 06:55   #49
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique
 
Less's Avatar
Beards & Barbers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by westendlass View Post
I wonder why men grow beards when(most) women don't? I mean, you don't see female animals with bald faces. Cats and dogs are all the same and so are horses, cows etc. That's my moment of profound thought for the weekend. I'll leave it with you folks.

Man = hunter

woman = gatherer

Men walked miles in search of their prey in all kinds of weather.

Women stayed close to the warm cave chewing nuts.

This can still be observed today, men will walk miles out of their way to catch fish in a pond, thus avoiding decorating the cave.

Women will head for department stores credit card in hand and gather all those none essential, essentials that they then cram into the cave like interior of the wardrobe never again for it to see the light of day because she has decided that having gathered it, it is two sizes too small and will have to wait until the successful completion of her diet.
DaveinGermany and westendlass like this.
__________________
I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me.

Winnie the Pooh


June 23, 2016 the day democracy in Britain and Europe was killed off.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2014, 17:07   #50
Full Member
 

Re: Beards & Barbers?

Just a touch of chauvinism maybe ?
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2014, 18:09   #51
a multieloquent Mule

 
DaveinGermany's Avatar
 
Xeno Tactic Champion!
Re: Beards & Barbers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by taddy View Post
Just a touch of chauvinism maybe ?
Nah mate! Wry humour, happens a lot on here!
Less and cashman like this.
__________________
I don't know half of you as well as I should like, and I like half of you, half as well as you deserve. (Bilbo Baggins)
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2014, 18:52   #52
Bearded but Sober member

 
Restless's Avatar
 

Re: Beards & Barbers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by taddy View Post
Just a touch of chauvinism maybe ?
Nah... Its just less
__________________
Restless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2014, 21:05   #53
Full Member
 

Re: Beards & Barbers?

Ok, :d:d:d
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2014, 22:11   #54
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique
 
Less's Avatar
Re: Beards & Barbers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by taddy View Post
Just a touch of chauvinism maybe ?
Plonker, why would I try to offend the weaker sex?

Proof is man is weaker, she frightens him enough to fight Tiger, Buffalo and other dangerous beasts, while she stays at home planning what he will do when he gets home, Hmmm, lets invent white wash, he can slap that on the cave walls rather than eat the over ripe fruit I've gathered, after all he doesn't need this hangover I've invented.

somehow I don't need such criticism. I can create enough when I'm being serious.

__________________
I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me.

Winnie the Pooh


June 23, 2016 the day democracy in Britain and Europe was killed off.

Last edited by Less; 15-06-2014 at 22:15.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2014, 14:24   #55
God Member
 
Eric's Avatar
 

Re: Beards & Barbers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
I trim mine whenever it gets in the way of my drinking, I hate my moustaches supping more than I can, cut it whenever needed.
But if you are ever lost and hungry ... I know this is difficult in a country which has a limited amount of desolate wilderness apart from Yorkshire ... those old scraps of food in your beard could keep you alive until the cavalry arrives.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2014, 18:49   #56
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique
 
Less's Avatar
Beards & Barbers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
But if you are ever lost and hungry ... I know this is difficult in a country which has a limited amount of desolate wilderness apart from Yorkshire ... those old scraps of food in your beard could keep you alive until the cavalry arrives.

I'd rather they kept me going until the carvery arrived.
__________________
I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me.

Winnie the Pooh


June 23, 2016 the day democracy in Britain and Europe was killed off.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2014, 20:10   #57
Full Member
 

Re: Beards & Barbers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Plonker, why would I try to offend the weaker sex?

Proof is man is weaker, she frightens him enough to fight Tiger, Buffalo and other dangerous beasts, while she stays at home planning what he will do when he gets home, Hmmm, lets invent white wash, he can slap that on the cave walls rather than eat the over ripe fruit I've gathered, after all he doesn't need this hangover I've invented.

somehow I don't need such criticism. I can create enough when I'm being serious.

You wish to be taken seriously and yet you put your location as Boloxnia, Ha,Ha.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2014, 08:15   #58
Bearded but Sober member

 
Restless's Avatar
 

Re: Beards & Barbers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by taddy View Post
You wish to be taken seriously and yet you put your location as Boloxnia, Ha,Ha.
DUH! Thats where he lives. He's always lived there....
__________________
Restless is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools



Other sites of interest.. More town sites..




All times are GMT. The time now is 11:12.


2003-2013 AccringtonWeb.com


Page generated in 0.29996 seconds with 12 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1