Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2014, 16:38   #1
Senior Member+

Over 18's

I have asked to get access to this but have been told "You have to come to Accrington to the pub and confirm you are over 18!"

Mmm Well I have been posting here for 10 years! Everyone accepts I am who I am after being slagged off for various reasons! So you know who I am and that I am well over the age 18 for this - yet still I have to come to Accy to have this confirmed?

Other issue is with all the slagging I've had I wouldn't be suprised if there is some content on this forum related to this that is on the over 18's?
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-06-2014, 16:50   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: Over 18's

Please get your facts right
You will get access to the 18s section if you know one of the mods or you know another member that knows one of the mods who can confirm your age
There is nothing to say you HAVE to come to a pub to confirm your age
This is a family site and we do not want under 18s getting in the 18s section

Last edited by Mick; 09-06-2014 at 21:52.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 16:50   #3
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Sorry that's the rule. It's the same for everyone and not open for debate.
Old 09-06-2014, 17:48   #4
Senior Member+

Don't feel too hard done to K, I'm not allowed in either (without age confirmation).
Take our overseas members (like Eric) that are obviously over18, they would find it hard to come to Accy just for age verification....... "rules are rules"

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 12:13   #5
Senior Member+

Its a secret club for locally secret people
Old 10-06-2014, 12:14   #6
Senior Member+

You could do credit card confirmation and have them donate to the cost of running the site :P
cashman and Sunflower49 like this.
Old 10-06-2014, 21:31   #7
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Over 18's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
Don't feel too hard done to K, I'm not allowed in either (without age confirmation).
Take our overseas members (like Eric) that are obviously over18, they would find it hard to come to Accy just for age verification....... "rules are rules"

Of course he should feel hard done by, it's partying 24/7 in the 18's section and we spend the whole time talking about no-one but him.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 01:22   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
You could do credit card confirmation and have them donate to the cost of running the site :P
Brilliant idea!
Perhaps not foolproof though-if somebody used their Dad's credit card or something, could be trouble!

I think I asked for access when I first joined and was told I needed to be acquainted 'In real life' to a mod or something?

But then I was also told it was to do with things that on reflection, I probably wouldn't want anything to do with.

I only 'know' Accyman and have no idea if he's a mod or acquainted with any mods.
Old 11-06-2014, 05:18   #9
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower49 View Post
But then I was also told it was to do with things that on reflection, I probably wouldn't want anything to do with.
Hang on a minute you Missus! Your day job is what .........? As far as I'm aware that qualifies for the over 18's don't it?
Sunflower49 likes this.
Old 11-06-2014, 05:51   #10
Senior Member+

Re: Re: Over 18's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower49 View Post
Brilliant idea!
Perhaps not foolproof though-if somebody used their Dad's credit card or something, could be trouble!

I think I asked for access when I first joined and was told I needed to be acquainted 'In real life' to a mod or something?

I only 'know' Accyman and have no idea if he's a mod or acquainted with any mods.
I was going to our price for years and then music zone when Lindsay moved from shop to shop. I would harass them to order obscure albums that nobody (but the other guy in the store) has heard of. I just got her to vouch for me.

Given kesx long history on here. We all know he is well over 18. The mods know this for a fact. But sticking by rules is a good thing, however they are bent often on this forum. So with that in mind is it a case of mods being pedantic or is it just a sorry kesx you just ain't welcome....

I say. Being back garinda to vouch for him

/sarcasm
Sunflower49 likes this.
Old 11-06-2014, 06:19   #11
Resting in Peace

We might think/know he is over 18 but without verification this is one site rule the mods cant bend as it was stated by the site owner not to let anyone in without verification no exceptions.
if we did and later found out he/she was under age the site could be sued so sorry but there is no flexibility in this rule
And I am not sure but I think its only me that can authorize access I don't think the mods can

Last edited by Mick; 11-06-2014 at 06:34.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 09:10   #12
Senior Member+

Its why I put /sarcasm for those unable to detect it

KesX - a visit to Accrington is required. Mick and Less will be waiting and by the way. It's your round!

Last edited by Restless; 11-06-2014 at 09:13.
Restless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 09:31   #13
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
We might think/know he is over 18 but without verification this is one site rule the mods cant bend as it was stated by the site owner not to let anyone in without verification no exceptions.
if we did and later found out he/she was under age the site could be sued so sorry but there is no flexibility in this rule
And I am not sure but I think its only me that can authorize access I don't think the mods can
Now I don't know if Eric has clearance to the over 18 section?
Good point made AccyX
If he has, at some stage good old common sense has been applied by someone?
You used to be able to get it on draught in most pubs back in t'olden days, sadly not in the Railway nowadays.
Eric likes this.
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 10:47   #14
Beacon of light

I can't get into the Over 18's section either...but that isn't because I don't know a Mod...it is because in my head I am only 14(I know it says 16 in my knickers.....but they are advanced for their age)......I don't actually want to go into the over 18's section as I am of a sensitive disposition
Eric, Lucysgirl and Sunflower49 like this.
Margaret Pilkington is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 10:54   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Hang on a minute you Missus! Your day job is what .........? As far as I'm aware that qualifies for the over 18's don't it?
Apparently not

I'm pretty sure if it transpired that *I* was under 18, a fair few arrests would go on!

Maybe I should have coerced one of the mods into coming to see me at work, when I worked in Accrington

*(I know it says 16 in my knickers.....but they are advanced for their age)*

Margaret, you're brilliant!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..